Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

21 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

I’m still not convinced Dak is a $30M a year guy.  But against the jets, I was impressed that he kept getting up after so many vicious hits.  I don’t think Romo would have survived that game.  On the other hand... when you pay 1 player a hugely disproportionate % of the salary cap, there are going to be glaring holes on the team.  It’s expected that the player with the huge contract is good enough to make up for these deficiencies.  Right now, the coaching staff damn well better come up with a better game plan than the abortions playing tackles.  

For some reason I think you supported paying a middling DE (6 sacks in last 16 games) $20m, or paying the most easily replaceable position in the NFL $15m.

But then again, the priorities for many on this forum are so out of whack it astonishes me. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont think thats true. I think our execution has been awful. Obviously we can adjust play calling to overcome poor players/execution.. I think the only influence JG has had is mandating that we run more.... Which like 90% of you agreed with. The last 3 losses have been the same story, once we put the ball back in Dak's hands, our offense starts moving. 

It all starts with the HC getting his team ready. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, matt79511 said:

He’s quite good at deflecting blame onto his subordinates by emphasizing execution, though. If only he himself could be executed

OTOH in the Glory years Jimmy let Norv get the offense ready. Kellen might be too young for that though. Most of the players are older than he is.

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

OTOH in the Glory years Jimmy let Norv get the offense ready. Kellen might be too young for that though. Most of the players are older than he is.

Age is a number. Either he's got ideas or he doesn't. He's not supposed to lead- laughably, that's redball's job- which is where age and experience excel. He's supposed to scheme. Being creative and quick witted is better suited to someone not stuck in their ways anyways IMO. I think Moore can do it. Garrett just needs to gtfo of his way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, matt79511 said:

He’s quite good at deflecting blame onto his subordinates by emphasizing execution, though. If only he himself could be executed

He doesnt really scout or draft (much) McClay and Jones does that. He doesnt come up with the schemes, Richard and Moore does that. He doesnt teach skill drills and perform perform play call duties. All the other coaches do that. He doesnt deal with contracts, Stephen and others do. If I'm job evaluator I gotta be asking at this point. 

tenor.gif

• Like 1

From @BobbyBelt

If interceptions are about luck, Dallas has to be the most unlucky team in the NFL.
Since 2017 (38 games) Dak Prescott has had 12 interceptions that bounced off of his own receivers.
The Cowboys themselves have intercepted just four passes that bounced off of opposing receivers.

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:
From @BobbyBelt

If interceptions are about luck, Dallas has to be the most unlucky team in the NFL.
Since 2017 (38 games) Dak Prescott has had 12 interceptions that bounced off of his own receivers.
The Cowboys themselves have intercepted just four passes that bounced off of opposing receivers.

It's still Dak's fault.

11 hours ago, WizardHawk said:
From @BobbyBelt

That means of Daks 27 INTs, 12 of them have hit his WRs hands.... 

15 hours ago, WizardHawk said:
From @BobbyBelt

What are the comparable statistics for other QBs.

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

That means of Daks 27 INTs, 12 of them have hit his WRs hands.... 

And the other 15 are due to incredibly inaccurate and poorly thrown balls. So, if he had better accuracy, the mind numbing INTs- like the one last week - would be significantly reduced. Because, those ARE his fault.

Oh yeah, 15 is still > 12.

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

And the other 15 are due to incredibly inaccurate and poorly thrown balls. So, if he had better accuracy, the mind numbing INTs- like the one last week - would be significantly reduced. Because, those ARE his fault.

15 INTs since 2017 and you are btching? Are you for real? Thats incredible. That would put him as basically top 2-3 in the entire NFL. 

You think he sucks, and cry when he is *only* top 5... lmao

• Like 2

20 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

They are? I watched an Int because a WR turned the wrong way on a timing route. That was just one of many just this year alone. It has been a problem for many years. I remember Dez running a fly route against the Bears when he was supposed to run a quick slant to beat the blitz. Any body remember Beast cutting off a route against the Packers? We must have some of the stupidest WRs in the league.