Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Option 1. Obviously. Thats a silly question. 

And although you are correct that they are by far the most important singular position, its still only 1 slice of the pie. 

Odd

Because you never go on about the wins or the losses, you just inundate us with the fancy stats showing us that he should be winning, although he doesn't

We need a guy who wins games. This "most wins in the league since he came in" nonsense....because it excludes QB's that came in before him because you can't use the same standard, and excludes QB's than came in after him because they haven't played as many games

Including this season, He's a 10-6 QB on average, and this year we are trending towards 9-7. Throughout his career he has had a top O-line, The leagues leading rusher, for the last 2 seasons a very very good receiving core, and what has been considered a very talented defense

Yet, as the Leader, and the guy who plays the most important position he gets us to 9-7 or 10-6

What gives?

16 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

Odd

Because you never go on about the wins or the losses, you just inundate us with the fancy stats showing us that he should be winning, although he doesn't

Because this is a thread specifically about Dak. So I put Dak stats there.

We need a guy who wins games. This "most wins in the league since he came in" nonsense....because it excludes QB's that came in before him because you can't use the same standard, and excludes QB's than came in after him because they haven't played as many games

I have no clue what this means. #1 in wins is Tom Brady (2016-now). #2 is Dak. Out of all QBs who have played from 2016 - now, Dak is #1. Im not sure thats unfair to anyone outside of people drafted in 2017/18/19.... So basically Mahommes. 

Including this season, He's a 10-6 QB on average, and this year we are trending towards 9-7. Throughout his career he has had a top O-line, The leagues leading rusher, for the last 2 seasons a very very good receiving core, and what has been considered a very talented defense

Our OL was rated 5th worst last year. It was rated poorly in 2017. He had a top line 4 seasons ago. 

Last season we had the #32 WR core at getting open according to nextgen stats. So I wouldnt call that "very very good" outside of Amari. 

As for the defense, it hasnt lived up to is "talent" - so what does that matter?

Yet, as the Leader, and the guy who plays the most important position he gets us to 9-7 or 10-6

1 slice of the pie. Even if he is 40% of the outcome (random #)... That means 60% of it is outside of the QB's control. Dak is very rarely the reason we lose. And often he puts us in a position to win. 

What gives?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Because this is a thread specifically about Dak. So I put Dak stats there.

I have no clue what this means. #1 in wins is Tom Brady (2016-now). #2 is Dak. Out of all QBs who have played from 2016 - now, Dak is #1. Im not sure thats unfair to anyone outside of people drafted in 2017/18/19.... So basically Mahommes. 

Our OL was rated 5th worst last year. It was rated poorly in 2017. He had a top line 4 seasons ago. 

Last season we had the #32 WR core at getting open according to nextgen stats. So I wouldnt call that "very very good" outside of Amari. 

As for the defense, it hasnt lived up to is "talent" - so what does that matter?

1 slice of the pie. Even if he is 40% of the outcome (random #)... That means 60% of it is outside of the QB's control. Dak is very rarely the reason we lose. And often he puts us in a position to win

BOLD = Fancy Stats

"Puts us in a position to win" but doesn't, as opposed to the other QB's that put themselves in a position to win, and do

For the record, I'm a fan of Dak. I think he can be the guy here. But at the same time I am willing to admit he is nowhere close to Deshaun Watson, Patrick Mahomes, Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, and the other top QB's from years past (Brady/Brees/BigBen/etc) who all have/had varying problems with their teams/coaching/scheme that they all have/had to overcome

Until he turns these personal fancy stats into winning ball games, then all they are is just pure fluff and don't matter for anything

Edited by TheGame316

10 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

BOLD = Fancy Stats

"Puts us in a position to win" but doesn't, as opposed to the other QB's that put themselves in a position to win, and do

For the record, I'm a fan of Dak. I think he can be the guy here. But at the same time I am willing to admit he is nowhere close to Deshaun Watson, Patrick Mahomes, Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, and the other top QB's from years past (Brady/Brees/BigBen/etc) who all have/had varying problems with their teams/coaching/scheme that they all have/had to overcome

Until he turns these personal fancy stats into winning ball games, then all they are is just pure fluff and don't matter for anything

The last 4 seasons Dak has won more than Watson, Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers, Brees and big ben... So I dont really understand your point. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

The last 4 seasons Dak has won more than Watson, Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers, Brees and big ben... So I dont really understand your point. 

They are better QB's. (Mahomes) They have done more with less (Wilson/Watson) and/or have been hurt (Brees/Rodgers/BigBen/also Watson)

And you're counting the games when Mahomes was a backup and not in the league, BigBen/Watson/Rodgers has been hurt, and the Hawks were rebuilding (And PS Wilson has won 38 games in the last 3.5 seasons to Dak's 37 - the only comparable QB in terms of actual games played)

Seriously?

13 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

They are better QB's. (Mahomes) They have done more with less (Wilson/Watson) and/or have been hurt (Brees/Rodgers/BigBen/also Watson)

And you're counting the games when Mahomes was a backup and not in the league, BigBen/Watson/Rodgers has been hurt, and the Hawks were rebuilding (And PS Wilson has won 38 games in the last 3.5 seasons to Dak's 37 - the only comparable QB in terms of actual games played)

Seriously?

Are we now punishing Dak for staying healthy?

Complaining about Daks Winning is silly

27 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

(Mahomes)

72% win rate

(Wilson/Watson)

64%/65%

(Brees/Rodgers/BigBen/also Watson)

65%/57%/66%/65% (again)

Dak is 65% win rate. 

Next argument. 

1 hour ago, TheGame316 said:

Odd

What gives?

Did you miss this past Sunday's game with the Vikings? I'm not a Dak humper....but he is by fffffaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr the least of our problems....like #124 on the list of ish we need to address.

5 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

Did you miss this past Sunday's game with the Vikings? I'm not a Dak humper....but he is by fffffaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr the least of our problems....like #124 on the list of ish we need to address.

Did we win?, I forget

I know were were first and goal from the 5 in the last minute, Did Dak get us into the endzone? Did he do any reading of the defense and audible any plays?

Because that's what guys who win games do

Plays a lot of nice games and puts up a lot of nice stats..... Reminds me of Kirk Cousins, with the Redskins.....

4 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

Did we win?, I forget

I know were were first and goal from the 5 in the last minute, Did Dak get us into the endzone? Did he do any reading of the defense and audible any plays?

Because that's what guys who win games do

Plays a lot of nice games and puts up a lot of nice stats..... Reminds me of Kirk Cousins, with the Redskins.....

You are right in that Dak made a mistake trusting the most expensive RB in the NFL behind the most expensive OL in the NFL to pick up 2 yards against 6 guys. Just goes to show you how if Dak doesnt do it all by himself, we lose. (/s)

And lol about the Kirk on Redskins comp. That is straight trolling.