Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

I am curious.  So after 109 pages discussing his worth, what should Dak's top contract number/years be?  Assuming he signs in 2020 before season.  

In other words, what is top dollar most ardent supporters are willing to pay or see paid, but not one dollar more?     

Also, what is top dollar figure that is acceptable to detractors?

6 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I am curious.  So after 109 pages discussing his worth, what should Dak's top contract number/years be?  Assuming he signs in 2020 before season.  

In other words, what is top dollar most ardent supporters are willing to pay or see paid, but not one dollar more?     

I think most people have settled that $35m/yr is what its going to cost. I think most of us have come to grips with that even if some people hate it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I’m guessing $35-37m/yr on 5yr deal. 

• Like 1

As you all, or most of you, know It is being reported or leaked that 35 is on the table and they are arguing over 4 vs 5 years.

So I think 35 is now the floor like it or not and perhaps the ceiling as well from Cowboys point of view.   

Now if he plays on tag for a year or holds out all bets are off.  So many things can happen then that may change things.

Also if they cancel games or limit crowds.  That could change future caps.   

It the "Floor" is 35 Million, If I'm the Cowboys I tell him I'm franchising him this year and next year which would add up to 2 years and 69 Million. If Dak wants some guarantees and some security, He has to "give" something to get that

There's no incentive to give Dak a short term deal for more than 35 Million. They already have him per the rules at 2 years and 34.5 per average

Dak can leave 2+ Million on the table per game if he wants to hold out

We'll see if Chunky soup is interested in playing commercials of a guy who's not playing on the field also. Let Dak do the math on that one

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I mean from what it sounds like in the article, it would take his AAV from $35M to $37M, so it sounds like he's asking for an extra $2M per year if the Cowboys are serious about the 5th year. So instead of 4/$140M it would be 5/$185M. Or really, Cowboys are offering 5/$175, and he wants the extra $10 over 5 years. Am I reading that wrong?

Right now I would go 4 yrs 136 mil

or 5 yrs 185 ish Mil 

but then right now I see Dak is as good as Watson better Goff and Wentz. And Watson might have more up side but he has shown less then Dak has to this point

Edited by quiller
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

3 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

How about "Go pound sand".

3 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I mean from what it sounds like in the article, it would take his AAV from $35M to $37M, so it sounds like he's asking for an extra $2M per year if the Cowboys are serious about the 5th year. So instead of 4/$140M it would be 5/$185M. Or really, Cowboys are offering 5/$175, and he wants the extra $10 over 5 years. Am I reading that wrong?

From my understanding he is willing to do 4 x $35m with a 5th year $45m. The argument is that the franchise tag that 5th year would most likely be around $45myr, but that allows the Cowboys to spread out the signing bonus. Daks agent is probably not wrong as allegedly the Texans are preparing to pay Watson $40m/year next offseason. 

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

From my understanding he is willing to do 4 x $35m with a 5th year $45m. The argument is that the franchise tag that 5th year would most likely be around $45myr, but that allows the Cowboys to spread out the signing bonus. Daks agent is probably not wrong as allegedly the Texans are preparing to pay Watson $40m/year next offseason. 

No one should ever take what the Texans do seriously salary wise or trade wise. 

• Like 2