Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

35 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

And how many years did Romo's contract screw us?

It was never Romo's contract that hurt us it was all the overpaid mediocrity at lesser valued positions.

Bradie james

Miles Austin

Jay Ratliff

Kyle kosier

Anthony spencer(tag)

Brandin carr

That safety Hamlin

Some kicker I forget

Marion Barber

Marc Colombo

We basically paid to be mediocre. Guys had a good year as a late round pick or udfa and we paid em big bucks, big fat contracts that killed us. Instead of churning the roster. We wanted to keep the group together but overpaid to do so, overpaid for players who were really only made better by the few stars the team had, such as Romo. Those are the contracts that killed us. It locked in mediocrity all across the depth chart at a price we couldn't afford to cut too soon and replace. If it wasnt for Romo we would have been 6-10 or 5-11 three years straight not 8-8

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

It was never Romo's contract that hurt us it was all the overpaid mediocrity at lesser valued positions.

Bradie james

Miles Austin

Jay Ratliff

Kyle kosier

Anthony spencer(tag)

Brandin carr

That safety Hamlin

Some kicker I forget

Marion Barber

Marc Colombo

We basically paid to be mediocre. Guys had a good year as a late round pick or udfa and we paid em big bucks, big fat contracts that killed us. Instead of churning the roster. We wanted to keep the group together but overpaid to do so, overpaid for players who were really only made better by the few stars the team had, such as Romo. Those are the contracts that killed us. It locked in mediocrity all across the depth chart at a price we couldn't afford to cut too soon and replace. If it wasnt for Romo we would have been 6-10 or 5-11 three years straight not 8-8

Overpaying mediocrity can suck

Especially when you do it at the quarterback position

• Like 2

The stat line was a double check of the post about games giving up 30 plus.  

in my mind the only real stat I look at is completion % TD versus Interception 

while the play off record is of some value that also is more about the TEAM.  Dak has two losses where frankly we lost more based on what his team mates did.  Against GB defense couldn’t stop Rogers and Coaches real consecutive end 1st half.   Rams game was all on the D not stopping the Rams run game    In both games I thought Dak played as well as his opposing QB

12 minutes ago, D82 said:

That’s not exactly what that stat says tbh. It’s more like the team was just a bunch of frontrunners and you could tell how the rest of the game was going to go by the end of the first quarter. It’s mostly an indictment on the coaching staff imo

Why are we still debating whether Dak is good or not.    He's slightly above average.    If he took $30 mil per year for 5-7 years,  it wouldn't be that big a deal.   It's the fact that he wants 4 years, so he can reset the market again after a new tv deal,  and wants $35-40mil per year.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Why are we still debating whether Dak is good or not.    He's slightly above average.    If he took $30 mil per year for 5-7 years,  it wouldn't be that big a deal.   It's the fact that he wants 4 years, so he can reset the market again after a new tv deal,  and wants $35-40mil per year.  

¬¬

4 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Why are we still debating whether Dak is good or not.  

Because people make ridiculous comments like this:

4 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

He's slightly above average

• Like 1

3 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

In Love that you find these stats and don't make shet up..

waiting for rebuttals… 

"Finds" and Cherry Picks

Defenses ranked 8-15 shouldn't be intimidating to a top tier Quarterback

Especially one that boasts 2 1000 yard receivers, 1 Top end Running back and "Arguably" one of the better Offensive lines in the league

20 hours ago, D82 said:

So you saying Dak needs a top defense, a good offensive line, a trio of top pass catchers and a top 5 RB in the league to be effective and efficient?? Game manager if I've ever seen one. Romo never had half the talent Dak has had but yet Romo somehow made it work. With the same deadbeat head coach at that. Keep using all the stats you guys want until I can see his worth on the field Dak is not worth what he wants

• Like 2

1 hour ago, buddy_z34 said:

So you saying Dak needs a top defense, a good offensive line, a trio of top pass catchers and a top 5 RB in the league to be effective and efficient?? Game manager if I've ever seen one. Romo never had half the talent Dak has had but yet Romo somehow made it work. With the same deadbeat head coach at that. Keep using all the stats you guys want until I can see his worth on the field Dak is not worth what he wants

I don't know how relevant the points given up by your defense stat is for evaluating your own QB.  Yeah I know a great QB will overcome everything.  Just for ****es and giggles some time ago (because I have time on my hands) I looked at a small sample of QB's and their respective playoff records when their defenses give up 30 pts or more.  It wasn't pretty.  The QB's in no particular order were Aikman, Staubach, Montana, Young, Brees, Wilson, Rodgers, Brady, Peyton Manning, Marino, Bradshaw, and Roethlisberger.  If my research was correct these QB's have collectively played in 57 playoff games when their defenses gave up 30 or more points.  Their record?  6 wins 51 losses.  This was not a scientific study by any stretch of the imagination.  It was done purely out of self interest.  However, it goes without saying if your defense gives up 30 or more points in a playoff game then you are probably going to lose.  Haven't done the same for regular season but I'm sure the odds are stacked against you when your defense craps the bed.  If your defense lays an egg are you justified in laying the blame for the loss on your QB?

As far as the Cowboys and last year goes the entire team at some point quit on the coaching staff and their on field effort showed it.  They went through the motions.  As for this year and moving forward Dak is my QB and I'll cry on command like Terrell Owens after a playoff loss to back Dak up if I have to!

• Like 1