Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

Just now, Drained said:

With a propaganda machine above ^ I will add my own

Deshaun most clutch QB in 2019. 

lol accidentally posted this in the wrong thread im an absolute idiot 🤦 meant to go in the notable stats in general

Part of me is hoping that Dak plays on the tag this year and next and then leaves.  Not out of an anti Dak bias, but simply to watch this forum implode in rage at the organization when we find ourselves in QB purgatory.  Of course we are somehow going to end up with the next stud college QB someway and somehow which will ease and rationalize Dak's departure.  I find the argument that we are going to take the salary saved by Dak leaving and sign some marquee free agents laughable.  As an organization we build our roster through drafting well (which we have done very well for the most part), signing our own key free agents, making selective trades, and seeking value in external free agents.  We don't make big external free agent signings.  We may with said funds saved from not signing Dak long term be able to improve our depth at some positions.

The QB is the most visible position or face of the franchise.  This idea that the QB is solely responsible for wins and losses puzzles me but I think I get it.  Roger Staubach was responsible for the win over the Broncos in the Superbowl even though Randy White and Harvey Martin were co MVP's.  Staubach alone was responsible for the loss the next year to the Steelers.  Troy Aikman all on his own was the reason we won three Super Bowls although in my humble opinion Charles Haley was the catalytic agent who put us over the top.  Aikman of course was solely the reason for our loss to the 49ers in the NFC Championship game.  Of course Staubach and Aikman were huge contributors to our past success.  There is a reason why they are in the HOF.  They did have a lot of help.  Lousy clubs don't win championships.  Talented teams do.

Those of us who like Dak will defend him; those who are not as enamoured with Mr. Prescott will attack.  I get it. Football, however, is a team game.  For me our  poor record in recent years against quality clubs is more an indictment of the HC and coaching staff  and the corresponding ill prepared  and ultimately overrated Dallas teams who got by on talent against inferior teams and more often than not got exposed against quality opponents and coaching staffs.

This is where I get hypocritical.  If there is a season this year a lot will ride on Dak.  New staff with an offensive minded HC.  All the weapons you could want and still a solid OL.  Perhaps this is what Dallas is looking at.  If he and the team perform well they will sign him.  If he and the team struggle they may let him walk.  It could be dangerous though if you let Mahomes and Watson set a new market for QB's.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Well, it's analytics based info so we know that the previous regime probably didn't actually know this. lol.  I'm so glad they're gone. 

Part of me wants to be optimistic and feel like Garrett's been holding this team back from reaching its true potential.