Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

42 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I only remember 1 egregious throw in Philly 2. It was a TD to Cobb.

But context will tell you he had 2 broken hands, a sprained shoulder and couldn't even lift his arm to throw all week long.

Context.

So you saying he held the team back by playing?? Since he couldnt pick his arm up over his shoulder. So he rendered and hurt the team more by playing?! 

9 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

So you saying he held the team back by playing?? Since he couldnt pick his arm up over his shoulder. So he rendered and hurt the team more by playing?! 

Absolutely. I said before that game he shouldnt play. The coaches were stupid.

Edited by Matts4313

44 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Are you talking about the Iggles game?

Not sure but I can vividly remember Gallup running down the sideline wide open and Dak overthrowing him. It was an open stadium late into the season. I'm at work so I cant really research which game. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Absolutely. I said before that game he shouldnt play. The coaches were stupid.

PS:  A redskin fan just told me that this is the new most statistically accurate way to judge a QB. He, the skins fan, makes fun of Dak non stop so he wasnt doing us any favors.

129109396_ScreenShot2020-05-27at9_46_40A

Dak is the T2nd best QB in the NFL..

Coaches were stupid for a loooong long time already 

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Sure, why not.

Definition:

Points Earned or Passing Points Earned: The total of a player's EPA responsibility on passes using the Total Points system that distributes credit among all players on the field for a given play. For passers, this includes accounting for offensive line play, sacks, off-target passes, dropped passes, and dropped interceptions.

JFYI, more dropbacks generally lead to a higher Total Points Earned.  It's better to use Total Points per dropback for a more equivalent comparison, but I don't have those numbers on me right now.

949083516_ScreenShot2020-05-30at3_50_59P

Redskins fan claims this is the best way to gauge QB play. Dak is tied #2. 

Edited by Matts4313

1 hour ago, buddy_z34 said:

Not sure but I can vividly remember Gallup running down the sideline wide open and Dak overthrowing him. It was an open stadium late into the season. I'm at work so I cant really research which game. 

Eh, what the trucks the difference? Every QB misses a layup once in awhile. 

Bottom line, Dak is our QB. I watched Trent Dilfer, Nick Foles, Johnson (Tampa Bay) all win SBs. Why in the hell can't we with Dak? 

New coach, new blood, great draft, fingers crossed.

5 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Coaches were stupid for a loooong long time already 

In what stat besides yards per game was Rodgers better than Lamar Jackson? What specifically did Rodgers do that warranted "139 Points" whatever that quantifies

That alone makes this a garbage chart

Here we go again... Dak’s stats are severely inflated by playing 6 games against the 5 worst teams in the NFL.  He through 19 TD passes in those 6 games.  In the other 10 games not against weaklings, Dak was below average... 10 games, 11 TDs, 8 Ints.  Those are the stats that matter.  That’s why we were 8-8.  Dak played great against horrible teams and played below average against everyone else.  Matts, please feel free to never show us another graph or chart about how great Dak was last year.  Season composite stats will be severely skewed by 6 games against bottom 5 teams.  Please feel free to focus on how Dak played against good teams.  A franchise QB needs to beat good teams.  Anyone can beat the weaklings.  

11 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

For those of you who struggle to read, Dak is the 6th best QB and Dalton is the worst QB in 2019. 

For those who struggle to grasp qualitative analysis... Andy Dalton played exactly 1 game against a bottom 5 team.  In that 1 game, Andy Threw for 396 yards, 4 TDs, and 0 ints.  Dak had 6 games against bottom 5 teams where he threw for 19 of his 30 TDs.  In Dak’s other 10 games... he played a lot like Dalton: 11 TDS, 8 ints.  

Sometimes I wonder if you all understand that advanced analytics take into account quality of opponent. They also take into account quality of teammates. So if you are playing a team and your drive goes: Handoff for 2 yards, sack because a blown block (sack <2.5 seconds), 60 yard deep bomb that is catchable and dropped - The QB will get a positive grade even though every one else will get a negative grade.

If thats against a great defense, the other players will not be dinged a lot.

If thats against a terrible defense, the other players will be dinged more.

Thats the entire point of advanced analytics. Its not a hard concept. Multiple websites all have gotten near perfecting it. And all of those websites say Dak is a top 5-10 QB in the NFL. 

DVOA -FO

PFF

SIS

EPA

WAR

ALL OF THEM TAKE INTO ACCOUNT QUALITY OF OPPONENTS. 

Edited by Matts4313

Just because I love this ..     I glanced at the list of 2019 teams based on least points allowed.   We played 3 of the top 4 teams ..   and 5 of the top 10  and played 11 of our 16 games against teams in the top half (rams #17).  5 games - Lions Redskins and Giants were near the bottom of the list..     

I think this Means something..    just because a team has a bad record does not mean that you should score a lot of points against them. ...  WIN as a team yes ...  that is why it’s a team game sure you can look at stats to evaluate players But as been said you have to use common sense and context.  
so we played the no 1 D on the road in terrible weather followed by no 2 D On short rest Then  no 4 D on the road making it 3 games in 11 days and people wonder why our offense was not a peak performance during that stretch.  

Amother bad games at jets missing two of our top three WR on the road -   One of the few times in the Garret era I really thought the team did not seam really ready to play emotionally.   I have seen us out prepared strategically a lot but normally emotionally we are ready that day we were not

the saints game again on the road hurt by two fumbles in the first half But still should have done better also hurt by only starting 1 drive all game outside our own 25 (scored on that drive)

philly game on the road  Dak IMO though hurt still gave us our best shot and yeah the O totally sucked that game no excuses still for not finding a way to win.  Especially Getting 9 points after getting 37 previously ..    I do put a lot of blame here on coaches 

I also consider the Minny (needed better Play calling) the GB (bad breaks)  and the Jets (Not really invested in playing tell it was too late) to be the major reason we weren’t the expected 10-6   WE should have won those three games 

I just think it’s strange how so many people can really jump on the Dak isn’t good enough to win mantra and the we can’t pay Dak The market price because he can’t win games by himself thought.    Well guess what guys NO NFL player can win by them selves::::.

two best QB’s to play in the last 40 years and who are no 1 and no 2 in winning the most super bowls .....

Joe Montana. - Had Jerry Rise For all his wins considered the best WR in the history of the NFL 

Tom Brady - had Growkoski for all his wins who can be considered the best pass catching TE in the history of the game  

between those two Aikmen won  3 Super Bowls and he also had the leading rusher in the history of the NFL in his prime 

so yeah while we have zero reason to mention Dak’s name with the three above the idea that a Qb wins a super bowl by themselves is kinda silly  

Edited by quiller
Sp
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, quiller said:

Just because I love this ..     I glanced at the list of 2019 teams based on least points allowed.   We played 3 of the top 4 teams ..   and 5 of the top 10  and played 11 of our 16 games against teams in the top half (rams #17).  5 games - Lions Redskins and Giants were near the bottom of the list..     

I think this Means something..    just because a team has a bad record does not mean that you should score a lot of points against them. ...  WIN as a team yes ...  that is why it’s a team game sure you can look at stats to evaluate players But as been said you have to use common sense and context.  
so we played the no 1 D on the road in terrible weather followed by no 2 D On short rest Then  no 4 D on the road making it 3 games in 11 days and people wonder why our offense was not a peak performance during that stretch.  

Amother bad games at jets missing two of our top three WR on the road -   One of the few times in the Garret era I really thought the team did not seam really ready to play emotionally.   I have seen us out prepared strategically a lot but normally emotionally we are ready that day we were not

the saints game again on the road hurt by two fumbles in the first half But still should have done better also hurt by only starting 1 drive all game outside our own 25 (scored on that drive)

philly game on the road  Dak IMO though hurt still gave us our best shot and yeah the O totally sucked that game no excuses still for not finding a way to win.  Especially Getting 9 points after getting 37 previously ..    I do put a lot of blame here on coaches 

I also consider the Minny (needed better Play calling) the GB (bad breaks)  and the Jets (Not really invested in playing tell it was too late) to be the major reason we weren’t the expected 10-6   WE should have won those three games 

I just think it’s strange how so many people can really jump on the Dak isn’t good enough to win mantra and the we can’t pay Dak The market price because he can’t win games by himself thought.    Well guess what guys NO NFL player can win by them selves::::.

two best QB’s to play in the last 40 years and who are no 1 and no 2 in winning the most super bowls .....

Joe Montana. - Had Jerry Rise For all his wins considered the best WR in the history of the NFL 

Tom Brady - had Growkoski for all his wins who can be considered the best pass catching TE in the history of the game  

between those two Aikmen won  3 Super Bowls and he also had the leading rusher in the history of the NFL in his prime 

so yeah while we have zero reason to mention Dak’s name with the three above the idea that a Qb wins a super bowl by themselves is kinda silly  

Lmao Tom Brady did not have Gronk for all of his SB wins. 

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Sometimes I wonder if you all understand that advanced analytics take into account quality of opponent. They also take into account quality of teammates. So if you are playing a team and your drive goes: Handoff for 2 yards, sack because a blown block (sack <2.5 seconds), 60 yard deep bomb that is catchable and dropped - The QB will get a positive grade even though every one else will get a negative grade.

If thats against a great defense, the other players will not be dinged a lot.

If thats against a terrible defense, the other players will be dinged more.

Thats the entire point of advanced analytics. Its not a hard concept. Multiple websites all have gotten near perfecting it. And all of those websites say Dak is a top 5-10 QB in the NFL. 

DVOA -FO

PFF

SIS

EPA

WAR

ALL OF THEM TAKE INTO ACCOUNT QUALITY OF OPPONENTS. 

NERD STATS FOR NERDS

All based on subjective actions and what if's

Watch the games. Nerd Stats are for losers