Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

Pretty simple really. Dak had never thrown for over 4,000 yards until year 4. Rodgers did it in his first year starting. Dak had 30 TD passes, Rosgers had 28. Dak had 11 Ints, Rodgers had 13.  

That's pretty damn close

Oh. 

You still think bulk metrics are important. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Rodgers 3rd season starting was like his 6th year in the NFL

So would Dak be dropping Mahomes numbers if he'd gotten more time on the bench?  That's conjecture. It worked for Rodgers, sure, but everyone's career is different.

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Not really. How did you come to that conclusion? 

Adjusting for the difference in average QB production in 2008 vs 2019, 4000/28/13 with a 63.6% completion percentage and 7.5 YPA is not terribly different from 4900/30/11/65.1/8.2. 6-10 vs. 8-8 in two bad divisions, meh who cares.

Dak's done more than enough to warrant the next top QB contract, but no QB's career follows a straight-line trajectory. Comparing him to the most talented QB ever, most accurate QB ever, and a guy who went 7-3 in the playoffs his first four years is a tough sell.

All these guys signed for the standard 15ish% of the cap on their first big contracts. $35M/$200M = 17.5%, and who knows, maybe he does still want 40+ which would be 20%. I don't know what Dak has really done to warrant a contract tier exclusively to himself besides be a really good guy. Hopefully the dust settles soon.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I feel like we all agree but are aruing semantics. So I bow out

Yeah, pretty much. I will admit that I thought 09 was Rodgers' fourth year and '10 was his fifth, not fifth and sixth. So that's as semantical as it gets.

Okay IMO there has never been any doubt that sitting a year or so before starting is better for QB.   It also is kinda hard to compare QB numbers 6-7 years and longer ago the rule changes and other issues make that impossible.   Still no way would I say Dak has been as “good” as Rogers - Drew in their prime.    Still I use HOF and that is not a good qualifier because the only reason you can call Rogers Drew HOF QB is because they have the CAREER numbers and yes those two are almost aromatic HOF.   

also talking about cap % QB numbers of the past isn’t valid as changing the rules of rookie salary.   
either way I put his number in my mind at 36 or so just higher Then 35.   

I'm reading a lot of social media comments about Dak and it's quite funny.  Most who post feel Dak is garbage and we should let him walk or trade him.  Of course after trashing him as crap, these same posters feel we can get a king's ransom for him in a trade.  I still haven't figured out how that works.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Northland said:

I'm reading a lot of social media comments about Dak and it's quite funny.  Most who post feel Dak is garbage and we should let him walk or trade him.  Of course after trashing him as crap, these same posters feel we can get a king's ransom for him in a trade.  I still haven't figured out how that works.

Most people are dumb.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Slamman said:

QUESTION:  if you’re Jerry and Miami calls and offers you 5 and 18 right now for Dak, who would take it?

I would.  

You'd have to give me a lot more for what I consider a franchise QB. 

Tom Brady for $25m

Now that we have extra money, sign Byron, Quinn, Cooper, and Collins.

With Burrow, and Young guaranteed to be gone, if the Giants go OL, then either Okudah or Simmons will be there at 5. 

Draft

1.5 - Simmons/Okudah/Brown/Tua

1.17 - Ruggs/Mims/Kinlaw/Henderson

1.18 - Herbert/Weaver/Gross-Matos/

2.51 - Delpit/Winfield Jr/Higgins

Lots of possibilities 

3 hours ago, Northland said:

What did philly get for trading Sam Bradford?

• Like 1