Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

5 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Dude is not worth that 

6 QBs are already making between $33-$35m/yr. Thats what a top 10 QB cost. 

4 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Wait until his offensive line gets older and he doesnt have that much time to wait until his receiver gets open 

The offensive line that #16 in '17 and #22 in '18 for passblocking?

4. DALLAS COWBOYS

The Cowboys have been near the top of this conversation for years. This season was another impressive display for the group, finishing fifth in PFF pass-blocking grade and third in run-blocking grade. It's well known what Tyron SmithZack Martin and Travis Frederick are capable of when fully healthy, but La’el Collins‘ performance this year was the most promising development from the group. His 85.8 overall grade ranked third among right tackles and was easily the highest overall grade of his career. Collins and Martin on the right side of the line helped lead an offense that finished second behind only the Ravens in expected points added per run play

13 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Of all the things used to make Dak look better than he is, claiming that he has been stuck behind a bad OL his whole career has always been the most idiotic 

Our OL is overrated. It was not good for 2 years. those are facts not opinions.

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

4. DALLAS COWBOYS

The Cowboys have been near the top of this conversation for years. This season was another impressive display for the group, finishing fifth in PFF pass-blocking grade and third in run-blocking grade. It's well known what Tyron SmithZack Martin and Travis Frederick are capable of when fully healthy, but La’el Collins‘ performance this year was the most promising development from the group. His 85.8 overall grade ranked third among right tackles and was easily the highest overall grade of his career. Collins and Martin on the right side of the line helped lead an offense that finished second behind only the Ravens in expected points added per run play

My bad. I havent see this. Last I saw was ESPN ranking us 11

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27584726/nfl-pass-blocking-pass-rushing-rankings-2019-pbwr-prwr-leaderboard

27 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Of all the things used to make Dak look better than he is, claiming that he has been stuck behind a bad OL his whole career has always been the most idiotic 

No one says this lol. People like to say he’s had a Top 3 OL his whole career. That is half correct

OTOH some of our fans like to say our OL has diminished greatly to prop up him and Zeke, which shows they weren’t paying attention last year

26 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

No one says this lol. 

Dude.... read up like 3 posts above yours. 

It’s not a verbatim quote but certainly been implied multiple times for over a year. 

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Dude.... read up like 3 posts above yours. 

It’s not a verbatim quote but certainly been implied multiple times for over a year. 

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

I have quite literally never heard anyone claim that Dak “has been stuck behind a bad OL his whole career.” Holy strawman

I’m literally responding to someone claiming that our OL is not good at pass blocking and hasn’t been good in YEARS, and it isn’t anywhere close to the first time he has made this claim. 

All I said was that I felt the claim was idiotic. You respond by saying no one ever claimed the OL was bad.

R

E

A

D

12 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Do you have @Matts4313 on mute or something?

I’ve gotten into it with him over how far our OL has fallen off since 2016. There’s plenty of dispute over that, depending on what your angle is

If he called the 2016 OL bad he’s insane which I don’t believe. That group is pretty universally considered an all-time great unit. You absolutely didn’t have to throw “his whole career” into your comment, it’s petty

Edited by matt79511

7 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

You absolutely didn’t have to throw “his whole career” into your comment, it’s petty

Daks “whole career” is only 4 years long. 

He has said our ‘17 and ‘18 OL was bad, and he was trying to say they were middle of the pack last year before I posted the PFF ranking of 4th. What’s petty is taking issue with someone saying “whole career” instead of ”3 out of 4 years.” Especially when you don’t even agree that the OL was bad. 

6 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Daks “whole career” is only 4 years long. 

He has said our ‘17 and ‘18 OL was bad, and he was trying to say they were middle of the pack last year before I posted the PFF ranking of 4th. What’s petty is taking issue with someone saying “whole career” instead of ”3 out of 4 years.” Especially when you don’t even agree that the OL was bad. 

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Guess you didn't read the posts huh?

1/4 years is 25% of his career. Eli Manning is making the Hall of Fame over 12.5% of his. I agree people have falsely grouped the 2019 OL with the ‘17 and ‘18 units when it was closer to 2016, but that’s not the point

Every Dak point has basically been talked to death in that time frame. People have talked about his individual skill set (not enough, though) and his supporting cast (way too much). Now, we’re going after our false perceptions of other people’s claims, which truly accomplishes nothing but showing tribalistic battle lines

Edited by matt79511