Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

19 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Do you have @Matts4313 on mute or something?

18 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Daks “whole career” is only 4 years long. 

He has said our ‘17 and ‘18 OL was bad, and he was trying to say they were middle of the pack last year before I posted the PFF ranking of 4th. What’s petty is taking issue with someone saying “whole career” instead of ”3 out of 4 years.” Especially when you don’t even agree that the OL was bad. 

19 hours ago, matt79511 said:

I’ve gotten into it with him over how far our OL has fallen off since 2016. There’s plenty of dispute over that, depending on what your angle is

If he called the 2016 OL bad he’s insane which I don’t believe. That group is pretty universally considered an all-time great unit. You absolutely didn’t have to throw “his whole career” into your comment, it’s petty

The OL has been closer to middle of the pack than top 5.  Thats my stance, feel fit to debate it but all the metrics will lean my way.

30 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The OL has been closer to middle of the pack than top 5.  Thats my stance, feel fit to debate it but all the metrics will lean my way.

What about them being one of the greatest lines in NFL history Daks rookie year, and then being ranked 4th overall in the NFL just last year?

Say what you want about them being middle of the pack ‘17 and ‘18(though NFL Defensive Lineman would disagree) but the fact is Dak has played at least 50% of his career behind a line that had a quality most HOF QBs NEVER got a chance to play with. 

And I don’t want to hear about the damned Chaz Green game. 

Actually nevermind, let’s talk about that. I wonder how much our 2017 ranking would change without just that 1 game ...?

I have a hard time saying our line sucked most of 2017 when it was so heavily influenced by a game our starter was out.

That’s like saying Zeke sucks because our run game sucked without him playing in 2017 or saying Dak sucks because our passing game sucked when Mark Sanchez was playing 

Edited by DaBoys

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

feel fit to debate it

😃

49 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I am tired of fighting the same battles over and over

😧

tenor.gif

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 2

I don’t know.   This is such a hard topic to get a real handle on.  In my mind there is no way I would say we had a top five OL last year based on what I saw game in game out.   I guess improving our DL will make me think better about our OL.   All I know is it seemed almost every game we played our opponents OL was out playing us.   I also though when we ran on normal run downs rarely did our OL get any kind of push and we struggled badly on 3rd and short or 4th and short when we ran the ball.  I also thought Dak on a regular basis never had the clean pocket that our opponent QB regularly had.   This is why I was never high on our OL over all yes we had probowlers but Smith seemed penalty prone and made a lot of mistakes I put to working with a young LG.  I also thought our LG and C combination struggled a lot when teams stunted or blitzed on that side.  No way was red bird playing at the level before his time away.   I would put them in top 10 not 5.   But stats are stats I guess.  

Still Also yes over his 4 years I would say on avg Dak played behind a top 10 Ol. I would not say top 5 as some say

Cut the bull****. Dak is our QB now and for the foreseeable future. Deal with it. The FO is, the team supports him, why in the hell is everyone crying?

The guy is a solid QB. Doesn't need to be Mahomes or anyone else. Just let him play his game and see where it goes. That's what makes watching sports fun. To see if The guy can overcome adversity and win when it matters most.

Just let him play. You want to be a Cowboys fan? This is your QB. End of story.

Edited by Rtnldave
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Easy now. Harsh words will get Wentz hurt again. 

Eff it. Bomb away. Our QB is mediocre, but at least he’s on the field and the team respects him as a leader. Wentz? Umm.....well.....not so much.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Cut the bull****. Dak is our QB now and for the foreseeable future. Deal with it. The FO is, the team supports him, why in the hell is everyone crying?

The guy is a solid QB. Doesn't need to be Mahomes or anyone else. Just let him play his game and see where it goes. That's what makes watching sports fun. To see if The guy can overcome adversity and win when it matters most.

Just let him play. You want to be a Cowboys fan? This is your QB. End of story.

My man

• Like 1

23 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

What Philly does as an organization has no play whatsoever in what the Cowboys organization does with their QB. That's like me being hired by a company and asking them to pay me what some other company offered my friend for the same position. Business does not work like that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

What Philly does as an organization has no play whatsoever in what the Cowboys organization does with their QB. That's like me being hired by a company and asking them to pay me what some other company offered my friend for the same position. Business does not work like that.

That's what drives me nuts. If BOB goes nuts tomorrow and Gives Watson 45 Million per, Does that mean Mahomes is suddenly worth 50 Million? Is Dak a deal at 42 Million all of a sudden?

On 5/15/2020 at 1:11 PM, buddy_z34 said:

Hmmm.  That’s actually how things work in the real world salaries are mostly set by job tittle And location from company to company Not so much skill set.  So yeah if Philly says a franchise QB is worth 32-35 then yeah Dallas is gonna have to Pay that for a franchise QB.  As right now it’s 35 and rising.  But mostly right now it’s not the $ rather then the years so...

3 hours ago, quiller said:

Hmmm.  That’s actually how things work in the real world salaries are mostly set by job tittle And location from company to company Not so much skill set.  So yeah if Philly says a franchise QB is worth 32-35 then yeah Dallas is gonna have to Pay that for a franchise QB.  As right now it’s 35 and rising.  But mostly right now it’s not the $ rather then the years so...

When its about the years then yes its about the money. That extra year spreads out the cap hit