Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

8 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

NERD STATS FOR NERDS

All based on subjective actions and what if's

Watch the games. Nerd Stats are for losers 

Attaching your username to half of this thread's pages is for losers

11 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Here we go again... Dak’s stats are severely inflated by playing 6 games against the 5 worst teams in the NFL.  He through 19 TD passes in those 6 games.  In the other 10 games not against weaklings, Dak was below average... 10 games, 11 TDs, 8 Ints.  Those are the stats that matter.  That’s why we were 8-8.  Dak played great against horrible teams and played below average against everyone else.  Matts, please feel free to never show us another graph or chart about how great Dak was last year.  Season composite stats will be severely skewed by 6 games against bottom 5 teams.  Please feel free to focus on how Dak played against good teams.  A franchise QB needs to beat good teams.  Anyone can beat the weaklings.  

Slam, we both know that Matts won’t do that because it ruins his narrative. Like I said, mental gymnastics. He feverishly searches for any data set which meets his narrative, but not ones which actually tell the whole story because that data disproves everything he says.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Slam, we both know that Matts won’t do that because it ruins his narrative. Like I said, mental gymnastics. He feverishly searches for any data set which meets his narrative, but not ones which actually tell the whole story because that data disproves everything he says.

1. dont say stupid sheet
  2. I dont "search" for any of this. All I do is read this website and Reddit's NFL section 
  3. Slam is a flat out liar as it was 13 TDs. He is also ignoring that 6 of the INTS werent Daks fault.
  4. I have shown how *Dak* performed. You are ignoring it because *the Cowboys* still lost. 
  5. Both of you are being ignorant because advanced analytics take quality of opponent into effect.

26 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

@Gmen @Matts4313

Pass Points Earned per Dropback.  Source: https://sisdatahub.com/leaderboards/QB

Rank Player Year Team Dropbacks Pass Points Earned Pass Points Earned Per Dropback
1 Drew Brees 2019 Saints 390 97 0.25
2 Patrick Mahomes 2019 Chiefs 524 124 0.24
3 Kirk Cousins 2019 Vikings 486 115 0.24
4 Derek Carr 2019 Raiders 560 129 0.23
5 Aaron Rodgers 2019 Packers 632 135 0.21
6 Russell Wilson 2019 Seahawks 613 118 0.19
7 Lamar Jackson 2019 Ravens 471 90 0.19
8 Dak Prescott 2019 Cowboys 641 121 0.19
9 Teddy Bridgewater 2019 Saints 220 41 0.19
10 Jacoby Brissett 2019 Colts 508 89 0.18
11 Matthew Stafford 2019 Lions 321 56 0.17
12 Jimmy Garoppolo 2019 49ers 531 92 0.17
13 Ryan Tannehill 2019 Titans 338 55 0.16
14 Ryan Fitzpatrick 2019 Dolphins 582 87 0.15
15 Matt Ryan 2019 Falcons 687 100 0.15
16 Philip Rivers 2019 Chargers 635 91 0.14
17 Deshaun Watson 2019 Texans 587 82 0.14
18 Tom Brady 2019 Patriots 643 85 0.13
19 Kyler Murray 2019 Cardinals 622 82 0.13
20 Jared Goff 2019 Rams 662 83 0.13
21 Carson Wentz 2019 Eagles 677 74 0.11
22 Josh Allen 2019 Bills 547 45 0.08
23 Sam Darnold 2019 Jets 490 37 0.08
24 Gardner Minshew 2019 Jaguars 555 40 0.07
25 Case Keenum 2019 Redskins 267 19 0.07
26 Dwayne Haskins 2019 Redskins 247 17 0.07
27 Marcus Mariota 2019 Titans 200 13 0.07
28 Jameis Winston 2019 Buccaneers 709 39 0.06
29 Mason Rudolph 2019 Steelers 310 17 0.05
30 Baker Mayfield 2019 Browns 593 32 0.05
31 Andy Dalton 2019 Bengals 578 29 0.05
32 Mitchell Trubisky 2019 Bears 578 27 0.05
33 Joe Flacco 2019 Broncos 294 13 0.04
34 Daniel Jones 2019 Giants 527 18 0.03
35 Kyle Allen 2019 Panthers 558 1 0.00

I don’t know why I thought in my mind Gronk played in all the super bowl wins....   oh well Brady has always been in a category by himself  ...   

just think 3 plus months more if this thread!!!     

I still believe 100% that for any team to beat a GOOD team one player can not do it alone without help from his friends especially the D.  Also again just putting up offensive stats as a measure comparing game to game is invalid ....

saying 5 worst teams.  Well he played 6 games yes against bad defenses. that is detroit no 26  Wash x 2 no 27 and Giants x 2 no 30 and Miami no 32.   The next team he played is Rams no 17.  That means he played 9 against some of the “better” defenses in the league included in that is playing 4 of the top 5  in NE 1 Bills 2 Chicago 4 Vikings 5.    The rest GB 9 NO 13 Philly 15 Jets 16...     

what’s worse How our Offense did????
ne gave up 14 a gane we scored 9

buff gave up 16 a game we scored 15

chic gave up 18.6 we scored 24

Minny gave up 19 we scored 24

thats net a plus 5....  or scored 1 more point a game more then expected

OR

the four games we lost against teams who had the worst offense 

GB averaged 23.5 They scored 34
Bills average 19.6 they scored 26

chicago averaged 17.5 they scored 31

Jets average 17.3 they scored 24

the D gave up a plus 36 points or 8 points more a game given up

I look at four games that Dak on this thread gets all the grief for loosing ....

GB.  Buffalo. Jets. Chicago.   
on those four games the offense scored  
+4 +7 +0 +7.  or  4 plus points a game avg

on those 4 the defense allowed .........  . +10 +11 +7 +13

so who totally failed.  The offense who did better then expected or the difffense which did worse then expected by an average of almost 10 points a game!!!! 

we had three other bad losses 

NO - lost by 2 points on road is not a bad loss but yes this loss is on Dak and the O not the D

NE - lost by four in the road.  This was a special teams weather loss not a Dak loss 

Philly -   Lost by 8 on the road.  Dak gets a lot of blame but not all of it he was hurt and just had a bad game .:..   his worst game i think of his career in a playoff type game.  I am willing to cut some slack here due to his injuries 

the other loss is Minny.  Dak gets hardly zero blame and was just the circumstances of the season as Dak did what he needed to win this game and got very little help except Coop was outstanding the coaches well they sure didn’t help.  For record we scored enough against a very good just unfortunately not enough 

so....   personal stats aside I say Dak can get blame for 2 maybe three losses .... the D on four.   Coaches 1 maybe 2. 

i am sorry Dak And the offense did enough last season For this team to go 11-5.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Northland said:

This thread has gone on too long.  I like bacon.  In fact just about everything is better with bacon (except this topic).  Who is with me?

This topic would be better with hot bacon grease shot into its eyes

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Regular bacon, Canadian bacon, or back bacon?

Any bacon is good. St. Lawrence Market in Toronto was ranked one of the best urban markets around.  They have a restaurant that is known for its pemeal bacon. Their specialty is pemeal bacon on a bun with a little mustard. Classic.  We just starting ordering meat from an all natural supplier.  His bacon is off the chart.  Not as much fat.  Nice hickory smell as it cooks.  Two thumbs up.

Edited by Northland
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Northland said:

Any bacon is good. St. Lawrence Market in Toronto was ranked one of the best urban markets around.  They have a restaurant that is known for its pemeal bacon. Their specialty is pemeal bacon on a bun with a little mustard. Classic.  We just starting ordering meat from an all natural supplier.  His bacon is off the chart.  Not as much fat.  Nice hickory smell as it cooks.  Two thumbs up.

I Guess Sizzlean doesn't qualify? lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Matts4313 said:
  1. dont say stupid sheet
  2. I dont "search" for any of this. All I do is read this website and Reddit's NFL section 
  3. Slam is a flat out liar as it was 13 TDs. He is also ignoring that 6 of the INTS werent Daks fault.
  4. I have shown how *Dak* performed. You are ignoring it because *the Cowboys* still lost. 
  5. Both of you are being ignorant because advanced analytics take quality of opponent into effect.

Matts, I assure you that I can do math.  6 games against NYG, Mia, Wash, and Det account for 19 TDS,  the other 10 games he had 11 tds and 8 ints.  Facts.  You can’t just make up TDs that didn’t happen or erase ints that did.  Again, Dak played as most QBs do against weaklings.  Against average and good teams, Dak was below average.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Matts, I assure you that I can do math.  6 games against NYG, Mia, Wash, and Det account for 19 TDS,  the other 10 games he had 11 tds and 8 ints.  Facts.  

I assure you that you can not. Dak had 33 TDs. 19 + 11 = 30

You can’t just make up TDs that didn’t happen or erase ints that did.  

You cant erase TDs that did happen and refuse context on the INTs that did.

Again, Dak played as most QBs do against weaklings.  Against average and good teams, Dak was below average.  

Strange since the facts dont back that up at all. Especially not for his career. 

Bill Barnwell brought the Calvar(t)y to Slam the Trolls 316 different ways. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29247938/debunking-dak-prescott-contract-debate-facts-fiction-why-cowboys-pay-him?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

The Bottom Line on Prescott

We're done with Goff and Wentz comparisons. My point in bringing those two up isn't to say that Prescott is better than either of his classmates, although you can make a case given the facts laid out above. In a world in which Goff and Wentz were awarded lucrative extensions without many complaints, Prescott has proved that he deserves a similar deal. While he's not Mahomes, the preponderance of evidence suggests he's a top-10 quarterback and somewhere in the six-to-eight range. The idea that the Cowboys can just replace him with a cheaper option and get similar production is not supported by evidence or history.

I think the Cowboys will end up giving in and handing Prescott an extension by July 15, in part because they don't have to look far to see the alternative. Remember when I mentioned that the only quarterback to be franchise-tagged under similar terms was Cousins? Washington didn't think Cousins was worth a significant extension, franchised him twice, and then tried to make Cousins look bad by leaking their multiyear offer terms when they were really lowball numbers.

Washington got a third-round compensatory pick for Cousins and used it in a trade with the Bills to draft running back Bryce Love and guard Wes Martin. To replace Cousins, it traded a second-round pick to the Chiefs for Alex Smith and gave him a four-year, $94 million extension. The team obviously couldn't have known Smith was going to suffer a career-threatening leg injury, but even if Smith had stayed healthy, it was trading for a 34-year-old quarterback. Washington was going to need to draft a long-term replacement, and the injury only sped up that process, with the organization using its 2019 first-rounder on Dwayne Haskins.

Washington has now committed two premium picks to try to replace Cousins, who had the fourth-best passer rating in football a year ago. It's unclear whether new coach Ron Rivera & Co. are done addressing the position in the long term. For whatever Cousins seemed to lack when Washington was making its offers, the alternative has turned out to be worse. The Cowboys can't afford to make the same mistake and set their franchise back in the process.

INB4 => The trolls only focus on the Dak v 10+ win teams/top 10 defense and fail to realize he is still #8 overall in those categories over a 4 year period and his individual performance is still decent.  I will concede though that this seems to be the only evidence based critique of Dak. 

Furthermore, I blame a lot of our failures against top 10 defenses on coaching. How many teams/players said they knew all our calls, adjustments, audibles, etc. Hard to just "out execute" a great defense. 

Edited by Matts4313