Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, buddy_z34 said:

Stopped reading after the 2nd paragraph where he said the day before Daks draft day he proclaimed Dak was a first round pick. 

Lmao calling Dak a 1st rounder is talking out of your a$$. Many had him going late round or undrafted. Anyways who said otherwise was either delusional or doing it for click bait. 

2 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

Self Confessed Dak Jock Rider writes article defending Dak

Might as well link an articles posted by Matts as evidence

Boom.

Yeah, Mav really reached with those examples.

Again, when you're terrible (or, at best, below average) against teams with winning records, big numbers against scrubs are meaningless. It also doesn't help when you disappear in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and pick up yards and points in garbage time.

I'll say this again: a huge amount of blame needs to go to Jason Garrett and the coaching staff for their blatant incompetence, but #4 didn't help matters in many situations.

5 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Stopped reading after the 2nd paragraph where he said the day before Daks draft day he proclaimed Dak was a first round pick. 

He might have?

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Lmao calling Dak a 1st rounder is talking out of your a$$. Many had him going late round or undrafted. Anyways who said otherwise was either delusional or doing it for click bait. 

LMAO. Talk about a HUGE over exaggeration

22 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Yeah, Mav really reached with those examples.

Again, when you're terrible (or, at best, below average) against teams with winning records, big numbers against scrubs are meaningless. It also doesn't help when you disappear in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and pick up yards and points in garbage time.

I'll say this again: a huge amount of blame needs to go to Jason Garrett and the coaching staff for their blatant incompetence, but #4 didn't help matters in many situations.

Is number 8 in the nfl terrible or below average?

Daks 2 best quarters are the 2nd and 3rd.

Literally everything you just said was factually wrong. Educate yourself and try again.

12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

He might have?

Is number 8 in the nfl terrible or below average?

Daks 2 best quarters are the 2nd and 3rd.

Literally everything you just said was factually wrong. Educate yourself and try again.

Wow, his "best" quarters? You mean the ones where we didn't score any points against teams with winning records? Those quarters? Yeah...no.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I'm still going to read it. I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

I.

Matts feel free to post all the places who thought he was going where he was let alone the 1st. Most people after the draft because they thought it was a huge reach. 

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Matts feel free to post all the places who thought he was going where he was let alone the 1st. Most people after the draft because they thought it was a huge reach. 

Most had Dak going Day2 or Day3. This board was pretty split about Dak being drafted at all by the Cowboys. I didn’t mind the pick at the end of 4th round. Funny till this day the opinion on Dak is still pretty among Cowboys fans. 

5 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Wow, his "best" quarters? You mean the ones where we didn't score any points against teams with winning records? Those quarters? Yeah...no.

How long have you been doing your job?

4 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Where did I say that? I NEVER DID. Do you understand how English works? 

Show me all the "late or UDFA" prognostications?

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:Show me all the "late or UDFA" prognostications?

Most of them 3rd-6th round

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2015/12/24/everything-you-need-to-know-about-2016-nfl-draft-prospect-dak-prescott/

Day 4

“Prescott is still a huge project for the next level, as almost every aspect of his game suffers from tremendous inconsistency. The senior quarterback’s ball location and accuracy tend to diminish the further down the field he throws, and he doesn’t possess the pure arm strength to make up for some mechanical errors. You see flashes of what could be if his footwork and delivery always worked in such perfect unison, as Prescott can drive a tight spiral into a tight window with terrific placement.

Unfortunately those glimpses are too few and far between, as Prescott will often release the ball a touch early, causing passes to sail high, even on short-range targets. His feet are often not set in the direction of his pass, sometimes due to the fact that Prescott will occasionally fall off his base when throwing to his left. The Bulldogs quarterback will make strange decisions with his delivery at times too, choosing to zip the ball when it needs more finesse and vice-versa. I love that he keeps his eyes downfield when on the move, but Prescott’s accuracy and velocity suffer remarkably when he can’t set his feet.”

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2016dprescott.php

Day 2

Strengths: 

• Flashes pocket passsing 
  • Flashes accuracy 
  • Flashes field vision 
  • Flashes anticipation 
  • Throws a very catchable ball 
  • Capable arm 
  • Can make all the throws
  • Good mobility 
  • Can pick up yards on the ground 
  • Has some pocket presence 
  • Great teammate 
  • Experienced against good competition 
  • Gritty player 
  • Strong leadership skills    

Weaknesses: 

• Inconsistent accuracy 
  • Inconsistent field vision 
  • Needs to get faster with his eyes 
  • Needs to learn working under center 
  • Needs development for a pro-style offense 
  • College-offense inflated stats 
  • College offense ran lot of plays he won't run in the NFL 

• Summary: 'Flashes' and 'inconsistent' were the two key words in Prescott's strengths and weaknesses. Those two words are what define him as a prospect entering the NFL. If he can turn the flashes into consistency, he could be a good starting quarterback.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2630583-dak-prescott-nfl-draft-2016-scouting-report-grade-for-cowboys-rookie

Day 3

On the hoof, Prescott is impressive with a sturdy, athletic frame. NFL teams concerned about knee and ankle thickness will like his running back-esquelegs and trunk. And when it comes to hand size, Prescott is off-the-charts good. His frame matches his playing style, as Prescott is an accomplished runner both on designed plays and when the pocket breaks down. That's something he worked to improve over the last two seasons, and it shows in his poise and timing in the pocket.

Prescott is a project. His footwork needs to be adjusted and then drilled over and over again to erase years of bad technique. A good quarterback coach will focus on not just taking drops from center but also on finding a consistent launch point on every three-five- and seven-step drop so those steps are always at the same depth and same speed.

Right now—and some of this is due to how he was used at Mississippi State—Prescott stares down pressure in the pocket. This leads to a hesitation in his reads down the field, and in the NFL, that's a sack. He has to learn to use his feet to evade the rush while staying true in the pocket and keeping his eyes downfield to scan for targets.

37 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Most of them 3rd-6th round

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2015/12/24/everything-you-need-to-know-about-2016-nfl-draft-prospect-dak-prescott/

Day 4

“Prescott is still a huge project for the next level, as almost every aspect of his game suffers from tremendous inconsistency. The senior quarterback’s ball location and accuracy tend to diminish the further down the field he throws, and he doesn’t possess the pure arm strength to make up for some mechanical errors. You see flashes of what could be if his footwork and delivery always worked in such perfect unison, as Prescott can drive a tight spiral into a tight window with terrific placement.

Unfortunately those glimpses are too few and far between, as Prescott will often release the ball a touch early, causing passes to sail high, even on short-range targets. His feet are often not set in the direction of his pass, sometimes due to the fact that Prescott will occasionally fall off his base when throwing to his left. The Bulldogs quarterback will make strange decisions with his delivery at times too, choosing to zip the ball when it needs more finesse and vice-versa. I love that he keeps his eyes downfield when on the move, but Prescott’s accuracy and velocity suffer remarkably when he can’t set his feet.”

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2016dprescott.php

Day 2

Strengths: 

• Flashes pocket passsing 
  • Flashes accuracy 
  • Flashes field vision 
  • Flashes anticipation 
  • Throws a very catchable ball 
  • Capable arm 
  • Can make all the throws
  • Good mobility 
  • Can pick up yards on the ground 
  • Has some pocket presence 
  • Great teammate 
  • Experienced against good competition 
  • Gritty player 
  • Strong leadership skills    

Weaknesses: 

• Inconsistent accuracy 
  • Inconsistent field vision 
  • Needs to get faster with his eyes 
  • Needs to learn working under center 
  • Needs development for a pro-style offense 
  • College-offense inflated stats 
  • College offense ran lot of plays he won't run in the NFL 

• Summary: 'Flashes' and 'inconsistent' were the two key words in Prescott's strengths and weaknesses. Those two words are what define him as a prospect entering the NFL. If he can turn the flashes into consistency, he could be a good starting quarterback.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2630583-dak-prescott-nfl-draft-2016-scouting-report-grade-for-cowboys-rookie

Day 3

On the hoof, Prescott is impressive with a sturdy, athletic frame. NFL teams concerned about knee and ankle thickness will like his running back-esquelegs and trunk. And when it comes to hand size, Prescott is off-the-charts good. His frame matches his playing style, as Prescott is an accomplished runner both on designed plays and when the pocket breaks down. That's something he worked to improve over the last two seasons, and it shows in his poise and timing in the pocket.

Prescott is a project. His footwork needs to be adjusted and then drilled over and over again to erase years of bad technique. A good quarterback coach will focus on not just taking drops from center but also on finding a consistent launch point on every three-five- and seven-step drop so those steps are always at the same depth and same speed.

Right now—and some of this is due to how he was used at Mississippi State—Prescott stares down pressure in the pocket. This leads to a hesitation in his reads down the field, and in the NFL, that's a sack. He has to learn to use his feet to evade the rush while staying true in the pocket and keeping his eyes downfield to scan for targets.

Thank you for proving to call that he hugely over exaggerated

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Where did I say that? I NEVER DID. Do you understand how English works? 

Do you genius? I stated 4 different things and you responded with one line. So I asked 2 different questions in the same sentence. Learn to read everything and stop trying to speed read bud, you're bad at it. 

Show me all the "late or UDFA" prognostications?

Daboys just posted some and it was also done by the combine page, rounds 5-6 I think they said.