Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

38 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Well, that settles it. If PFF and Michael Irvin say so, you win. xD

How about Aikman, Werder and an agent?

How about the fact the he is the second most individually (statistically) successful QB over their first 4 years? Thats according to virtually every analytical site.  

How about the fact the Romo, Witten and all his other teammates have said he is a great leader and a great QB? 

Here is the entire list of reasons not to pay Dak: The Dallas Cowboys franchise has not won a superbowl and how will we ever if we have a franchise QB on a franchise contract. Which is bogus and proven false. 

Edited by Matts4313

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dak and Mahomes were also on this list last year

Hey Guys! - Matts found us another cherry picked PRO Dak stat!

Thanks Matts!

So, This shows he isn't as  good as Mahomes, but is slightly better than Cousins, Tannehill and Carr?

Cool Beans

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/dak-prescott-expected-to-sign-franchise-tender-monday

Though a lucrative, long-term deal is still the goal, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott is expected to sign his exclusive $31.4 million franchise tag tender on Monday, NFL Network's Jane Slater reported on Sunday, per sources informed of the situation.

The Cowboys basically got Dak for this year and next for a total of 69 Million, which is less than the 35 per he is angling for, which I believe is the Cowboys goal all along

He can play this year on another "prove it" deal and I slap the non-excliusive tag on him next year. Let him find his 40 Million dollar deal and I take a long, hard look at the 2 1sts that would be coming back the other way

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGame316 said:

The Cowboys basically got Dak for this year and next for a total of 69 Million, which is less than the 35 per he is angling for, which I believe is the Cowboys goal all along

He can play this year on another "prove it" deal and I slap the non-excliusive tag on him next year. Let him find his 40 Million dollar deal and I take a long, hard look at the 2 1sts that would be coming back the other way

That’s on the premise that another team would even be willing to cough up two 1sts for him. I’m not certain they would.

17 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

That’s on the premise that another team would even be willing to cough up two 1sts for him. I’m not certain they would.

I don't think so either. But that'll make for an easy negotiation. 

If he thinks he's worth 40 Million, he can go out there and find it for himself

We could always agree to take less than 2 1sts in exchange

Interesting move. Gave up all his leverage for this season. 

with a new retooled Offense, is it NFC Championship or bust for Dak in a new contract? Or tag and trade next year if he fails to reach NFC Championship game

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

with a new retooled Offense, is it NFC Championship or bust for Dak in a new contract? Or tag and trade next year if he fails to reach NFC Championship game

I don't feel that it's appropriate to force the "NFC Championship or bust" pressure on him because it often has significantly negative effects on performance. At the end of the day, we all want him to be successful (myself included), so we should focus on goals and methods which encourage and promote success rather than ones which may accidentally force failure. Basically, I would focus my attention and efforts on measuring how well he adapts to McCarthy's offense, the new coaching staff, and evaluate his overall growth as a QB, not only within the new offense, but in general as a veteran player.

I don’t think Dak “gave up his leverage” with this decision at all. Dallas wasn’t afraid of him holding out of camp, that was never going to happen. They don’t want to have to tag him again and he’s telling them he’s comfortable letting that happen

2 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Did we as a fanbase forget that defense, special teams and coaching also play a huge factor in making a team win?

41 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I don’t think Dak “gave up his leverage” with this decision at all. Dallas wasn’t afraid of him holding out of camp, that was never going to happen. They don’t want to have to tag him again and he’s telling them he’s comfortable letting that happen

Im in the same boat. Signing the tag is just a formality imo.

No matter how this plays like any QB with no rings To show for it who signs a large contract Dak will always be judged on super bowl or bust fairly or not fairly.   This is something Romo faced for almost his whole career.   And no those expectations are not gonna change when 3-4 or 5 other QB’s pass him on the salary scale which is almost guaranteed to happen on the next 3 years