Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

46 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

We have a very different view.

Dallas has been really good about signing players early. Smith, Collins, etc.But their desire to set the market can burn them, see Crawford.

It just seems Dallas wanted years and Dak did not. Frankly, I don't think Dak bought into Dallas like other players have.

Dallas wants 7 years. Dak counters with 3.

Dallas wants 5 years. Dak counters with 4.

5 was a perfect medium. And now with Patty going for 12 years...(10+2)...it only signals Dallas was right that the length needs to be there.

Think I get where you're going here, but for clarification....you mean Dak isn't buying into how organization views contracts? ie take a little less, and make up the rest in marketing yourself as part of Cowboys brand?

Edited by WizardHawk

9 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Think I get where you're going here, but for clarification....you mean Dak isn't buying into how organization views contracts? ie take a little less, and make up the rest in marketing yourself as part of Cowboys brand?

Indeed.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Which is why I would love to see Dak end up in Jacksonville, scratching his head wondering where all his National Endorsement money disappeared to

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

We have 3 days before I officially declare us the most stupid franchise in the league. 

I believe this became official with the signing of Mahomes and another market reset.

#fanofonedumbteam

Edited by WizardHawk

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I believe this became official with the signing of Mahomes and another market reset.

#fanofonedumbteam

Again, that’s only if we wanted to give him the extension in the first place. Part of me isn’t convinced that we do.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Maybe, but why want a 5yr deal if you’re on the fence? 

It’s not about that at all. If the Cowboys knew that he wants a different deal, then an easy strategy is to try and force something else so it seems like they made an effort. Basically, it’s a diversion strategy. Negotiators use them all the time. You offer something “more” than what the other party wants, knowing full well that it will be rejected.

They got Dak on a 2 year 69 million dollar deal right now 31 this year, 38 on the franchise next year (and only this years 31 is guaranteed)

If he's looking at the Mahomes deal and wants 38, 39, 40,

They've already got a better deal right now as is, Less AAV, Less guarantees, so why cave? Where's the benefit for Jerruh?

6 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

They got Dak on a 2 year 69 million dollar deal right now 31 this year, 38 on the franchise next year (and only this years 31 is guaranteed)

If he's looking at the Mahomes deal and wants 38, 39, 40,

They've already got a better deal right now as is, Less AAV, Less guarantees, so why cave? Where's the benefit for Jerruh?

Check again Mahomes is cheap next 3 years including 2020.   Dak will be more expensive on the tag or the short contract.  

Mahomes didn’t really reset market.  He took a team friendly deal assuming cap is much larger in 2023 and beyond.  Because Mahomes wants to keep winning.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Check again Mahomes is cheap next 3 years including 2020.   Dak will be more expensive on the tag or the short contract.  

Mahomes didn’t really reset market.  He took a team friendly deal assuming cap is much larger in 2023 and beyond.  Because Mahomes wants to keep winning.  

Unlike Dak... who is totally cool with his 27-21 W/L record outside of the Redskins and Giants.

• Like 1