Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

7 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

It's why the current deal offered didn't make sense for Dak.

Two years, nearly 70 M, all of which is guaranteed - and then gets to re-cash in once Watson & Russell re-set the market? Wise. 

Dak is gambling on himself which I like.  I just want to know what the plan is should Dak elect to walk when he can. 

5 hours ago, CAPJ said:

If it's just one year, then why didnt Dak sign for 5 years?

Because the % of GTD money was worse than people like goff, tanny, wentz, etc. 

Goff got 110m over 4 years GTD

Dak was offered 106m over 5

Do the math. We were cheap as hell..

3 hours ago, ///mcompact said:

Well, no doubt about it.  He thought he was betting on himself last offseason?  Pssht, he and his agent just doubled-down hard. If this season even happens and the cap is still on the up and up is the first gamble.  With this top WR Corp, top-3 RB, above average (yet overrated) O-Line, Horse-teeth Wunderkind calling a diverse offense and finally a HC less inept than Garrett?  

Dak has piled his plate full and only has 1 season to do what Romo never could...get past the divisional rd of the playoffs.    I wish him well and I’ll be rooting for him (because it benefits the team) but if he doesn’t get it done...after turning down commensurate deals to focus on a mega-deal? Well, partner, you made your bed. 

Mega deal. lol. I really think you should read about how cheap we were being. 

20 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Because the % of GTD money was worse than people like goff, tanny, wentz, etc. 

Goff got 110m over 4 years GTD

Dak was offered 106m over 5

Do the math. We were cheap as hell..

Mega deal. lol. I really think you should read about how cheap we were being. 

If Dak has so much confidence in himself and the Cowboys offered 5 years 175, Why is the "guarantees" so important to Dak? Does he not expect to see the whole 175?

It's not like 106 is chump change. Lets not pretend Jerry was offering 5 years 125 with 50 guaranteed here

(Also, Goff had 2 years left on his rookie deal and signed a 4 year EXTENSION, so in effect, it was a 6 years with 110 guaranteed, Wentz was the same situation with 6 years and 107)

1 minute ago, TheGame316 said:

If Dak has so much confidence in himself and the Cowboys offered 5 years 175, Why is the "guarantees" so important to Dak? Does he not expect to see the whole 175?

It's not like 106 is chump change. Lets not pretend Jerry was offering 5 years 125 with 50 guaranteed here

(Also, Goff had 2 years left on his rookie deal and signed a 4 year EXTENSION, so in effect, it was a 6 years with 110 guaranteed, Wentz was the same situation with 6 years and 107)

Stop using facts! Matts will just get angry and throw out meaningless “stats” to prove a completely irrational “point“.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, plan9misfit said:
3 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

Stop using facts! Matts will just get angry and throw out meaningless “stats” to prove a completely irrational “point“.

He didnt use a single "fact". You are smart enough to know what that word means. He used "opinions".

The other QBs signed 4 year extensions. Dak wanted to sign a 4 year deal. The cowboys were like "nah, we only do 5 years for franchise players"

2 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Incoming graph from PFF showing passing TD's plus Rushing TD's minus INTs divided by Guaranteed dollars over "x" number of years that shows Dak at the top with Brady and Wilson, and ahead of Wentz and Goff

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I am a little angry today. Makes me, once again, furious Romo didn't get his starting Job back when he returned.

This team CHOOSE Dak over Romo. And then didn't give into his demands. RAGE.

I’ve felt like this for years. When Romo was healthy, he should’ve gotten his starting job back. That was the Cowboys best year to win it all. Romo deserved the chance to change his legacy in the playoffs and finish last year with the Cowboys. And they stuck with Dak, then basically gave Romo the finger (by saying they would release him, then not doing so). 2 years later, the team signs Zeke (who behaved like a petulant child) but they can’t pay Dak? Why didn’t you let him test the market?!

The Cowboys F.O. has no clue what they’re doing.

Edited by Tony7188
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

He didnt use a single "fact". You are smart enough to know what that word means. He used "opinions".

The other QBs signed 4 year extensions. Dak wanted to sign a 4 year deal. The cowboys were like "nah, we only do 5 years for franchise players"

Like I said, this feels like a ploy to act like we were committed to him when we actually aren’t. You know that I’ve been negotiating contracts for 20 years, and this has screamed slight of hand for the last 18 months.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Shots fired to anyone who thinks weve had an allstar supporting cast. Not to mention all the coaches but 1 have been replaced. And weve gone through 4 OL coaches in 2 years. 

OLine Sucks

Zeke Sucks

Coaching Sucks

Defense Sucks

All the WR's do is drop balls

Dak is God

We'd be 0-16 for 3 straight years if not for Dak

We get it Matts

Edited by TheGame316
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Northland said:

Dak is gambling on himself which I like.  I just want to know what the plan is should Dak elect to walk when he can. 

Hey this is the organization that thought Quincy Carter was the answer

3 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

OLine Sucks

Zeke Sucks

Coaching Sucks

Defense Sucks

All the WR's do is drop balls

Dak is God

We'd be 0-16 for 3 straight years if not for Dak

We get it Matts

Just Wow.

I understand different opinions but being a person who is a wiz with stats and understand as well as most how stats can sometimes be used to tell what ever you want.  

IMO for what it’s worth I actually see all of the above quote as legitamite reasons why we collapsed end of season more then Dak sucks.  And no I don’t think Dak is god either 

personally I feel the only reason a deal didn’t get done was the uncertainty of the up coming season and the virus / tv money

1 hour ago, quiller said:

Just Wow.

I understand different opinions but being a person who is a wiz with stats and understand as well as most how stats can sometimes be used to tell what ever you want.  

IMO for what it’s worth I actually see all of the above quote as legitamite reasons why we collapsed end of season more then Dak sucks.  And no I don’t think Dak is god either 

personally I feel the only reason a deal didn’t get done was the uncertainty of the up coming season and the virus / tv money

If the Cowboys use that excuse, they will be excoriated. That excuse doesn’t fly when you sign Jaylon, Amari and Zeke to mega deals before signing Dak. 

The Cowboys had cap space to sign Dak if they really wanted too. They could’ve got rid of Crawford’s terrible contract to create more cap room. The F.O. is not sold on him as the franchise QB. 

Edited by Tony7188

6 hours ago, quiller said:

Just Wow.

I kinda think this too, like that was the final barrier to DAL not caving on 4 years vs. 5. But really, if this is so, they were just looking for reasons not to do the deal

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

I kinda think this too, like that was the final barrier to DAL not caving on 4 years vs. 5. But really, if this is so, they were just looking for reasons not to do the deal

That feels like a straw man argument. They were talking about wanting the extension done over a year ago, and Covid wasn't around yet.