Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

Going on by what Jane Slater said Dak got offered somewhere 33-35 million average  salary and somewhere close to what Goff and Wentz got in guaranteed money. More then a fair offer from the Cowboys but Dak and his agent stuck to there guns in wanting a four year deal. Dak is betting on himself which is his choice of course. It’s a pretty big gamble though as he can get hurt or he could have a mediocre season. Then again the pandemic could cut the football season nothing is for sure.

Edited by cromagnum

2 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

Because they go hand in hand

I LOVE Dak at 25 Million, I think Dak is OK at 30 Million. I think he would struggle (and thus the team as well) at 35 Million. (That 10 Million invested in surrounding talent will make Dak a better QB. It will help us keep Gallup, or Collins, or Cooper, or fit a guy like Adams on the roster, etc, etc) I see the way Dak has handled this negotiation and I can tell had Jerry caved to the 4 year deal, Dak would want to reset the market again next time he was up (Think 45-50 Million or more). I see this being an ongoing problem

I don't think Dak can be a good QB if we have to lose the weapons that he so far has proven he can't win without (or with, depending on who you ask) We've seen him without Zeke, Without Cooper, down an Olineman, etc. The results haven't been great

So, at the prospect of constantly having to re-up Dak at top of the market prices, for a guy who is not a top of the market QB, I'd just rather move on and try to get a guy with a higher ceiling, on a low cost deal for 4-5 years where we can surround that guy with talent, and possibly have that guy be worth top of the market $$, or be willing to sign a fair, reasonable deal to keep the talent around him. This doesn't have to exclusively be a shot in the dark rookie either. Cam/Dalton/Bridgewater were all QB's who can play and succeed with the offensive roster we have, at significantly lower prices

Get it?

Yeah I get it. 

On 7/18/2020 at 10:56 AM, TheGame316 said:

Because they go hand in hand

I LOVE Dak at 25 Million, I think Dak is OK at 30 Million. I think he would struggle (and thus the team as well) at 35 Million. (That 10 Million invested in surrounding talent will make Dak a better QB. It will help us keep Gallup, or Collins, or Cooper, or fit a guy like Adams on the roster, etc, etc) I see the way Dak has handled this negotiation and I can tell had Jerry caved to the 4 year deal, Dak would want to reset the market again next time he was up (Think 45-50 Million or more). I see this being an ongoing problem

I don't think Dak can be a good QB if we have to lose the weapons that he so far has proven he can't win without (or with, depending on who you ask) We've seen him without Zeke, Without Cooper, down an Olineman, etc. The results haven't been great

So, at the prospect of constantly having to re-up Dak at top of the market prices, for a guy who is not a top of the market QB, I'd just rather move on and try to get a guy with a higher ceiling, on a low cost deal for 4-5 years where we can surround that guy with talent, and possibly have that guy be worth top of the market $$, or be willing to sign a fair, reasonable deal to keep the talent around him. This doesn't have to exclusively be a shot in the dark rookie either. Cam/Dalton/Bridgewater were all QB's who can play and succeed with the offensive roster we have, at significantly lower prices

Get it?

Yes.

And he is asking for 35 mil+ over short term and wants to reup at more every 3 years.  

You would be okay this season and likely boned shortly thereafter.  I wish you would have done it, but Jerry was smarter than that.

30 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Isnt that weird. Voted #3 in helping his team to win. We should cut him to sign some corner and let Dalton take over. Were Cowboys fans, we root for 8-8.

We’ve been over the WAR before and it was an exercise of futility.  We only won 8 games.  6 of those 8 games were against the absolute bottom feeders in the nfl.  Literally the worst of the worst.  He had 2 wins against mediocre teams.  He lost against the drew breesless saints were he played bad.  He lost to the jets in sam darnolds first game back.  He got seriously outplayed by Mitch Trubisky.  Where exactly are these wins you speak of?

but, I suppose you are right, we should have just paid Dak whatever he wanted because no other QBs could have possibly played well against bottom feeders.  And, let’s be real... Dak has already proven he doesn’t need quality receivers, OL, and running game.  Wait a second... Jameis Winston put up even better stats than Dak against bottom feeders?  Jameis also had a mediocre record?  How much did Jameis just sign for?  Yet, we should have paid Dak $39M more per year than Jameis?  Right.  Makes perfect sense.  We’re cowboys fan.  We root for overpaid mediocrity.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

We’ve been over the WAR before and it was an exercise of futility.  We only won 8 games.  6 of those 8 games were against the absolute bottom feeders in the nfl.  Literally the worst of the worst.  He had 2 wins against mediocre teams.  He lost against the drew breesless saints were he played bad.  He lost to the jets in sam darnolds first game back.  He got seriously outplayed by Mitch Trubisky.  Where exactly are these wins you speak of?

but, I suppose you are right, we should have just paid Dak whatever he wanted because no other QBs could have possibly played well against bottom feeders.  And, let’s be real... Dak has already proven he doesn’t need quality receivers, OL, and running game.  Wait a second... Jameis Winston put up even better stats than Dak against bottom feeders?  Jameis also had a mediocre record?  How much did Jameis just sign for?  Yet, we should have paid Dak $39M more per year than Jameis?  Right.  Makes perfect sense.  We’re cowboys fan.  We root for overpaid mediocrity.

Let’s not forget that Winston literally couldn’t see anyone on the field, and had Lasik surgery after the season because his eyesight was so poor.

14 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Isnt that weird. Voted #3 in helping his team to win. We should cut him to sign some corner and let Dalton take over. Were Cowboys fans, we root for 8-8.

And what record did he lead us to?

If Dalton gets us to 8-8 on a fraction of the salary, I’d take that and invest the rest in the defense and groom a new QB.

Edited by plan9misfit
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

You Jock ride PFF more than you Jock Ride Dak. And I didn't think that would be possible

Well it’s real hard to be a Dak fan on this board because Cowboy fans Are some what spoiled and have been super bowl or bust for a long time.  Dak hasn’t made it to the super bowl And it’s always the QB’s fault.   Just think Danny White made three straight NFC championship games and wasn’t “good” enough. So yeah no one wants to “pay” Dak when he hasn’t won a Super Bowl yet.

On 8/1/2020 at 1:33 PM, Matts4313 said:

The irony