Jump to content
WizardHawk

***The Master Dak-bater Thread*** (Beat off for or against him if you please)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 8/6/2020 at 5:56 AM, Matts4313 said:

LOL. Any moron can see the counter argument. It's just a terrible argument. 

And we didn't make the playoffs because the team quit on the coaching staff and our quarterback was injured in the de facto game.

The only people that have dementia are the ones that can't realize that he's never had a losing season. Quit living in the short-term.

Im sorry the last season we haven't made the playoffs with a loaded roster. I'm not against Dak but I can see both sides.

Idk what your short term is but mines making the post season.

We didn't become america's team by winning SNF in week 12.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Im sorry the last season we haven't made the playoffs with a loaded roster. I'm not against Dak but I can see both sides.

"Loaded roster". I still think our fanbase buys into its own hype way to much.

I also don't understand what making the playoffs has to do with Dak alone. QB gives you the best shot but it's not a guarantee. Brees put up monster years and missed as well.

Quote

Idk what your short term is but mines making the post season.

Thank God we missed last year. Would you prefer CD Lamb or that scrub the Eagles got?

Quote

We didn't become america's team by winning SNF in week 12.

...... Okay? No one said we did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

Learn to READ Matts

He may be a "Big Name" but he's not Scott Boras, He's not "THE" name guy for the NFL

It seems like he tried to make Dak an example for himself. If he could get "DAK" top money, imagine what he could do for other bonafide TOP players

HE whiffed and Dak whiffed

It will be very telling to see if Dak follows him or looks for a new agent

Not my fight but because he's not Boras, that somehow makes him not a viable agent? Someone completely out of his depth? France had absolutely no problem securing a top $$ contract for Aaron Donald or Carson Wentz. The difference was, the Eagles and Jeffery Lurie actually wanted to get a deal done for their FQB.

The Jones's are so set on saving face for screwing the pooch 2 years ago "Pre Goff/Wentz" that they had no real intentions on a long term deal getting done IMO. The FTag was always the end game unless Dak folded like a lawn chair in negotiations and signed around that discounted 2019 number.

Why would France or Dak for that matter settle for anything less then what France got Wentz a year earlier? 

On 8/8/2020 at 1:32 AM, plan9misfit said:

In reality, A guy like Dak, who hasn't made much $$ yet 4 years into his career, in the middle of a league full of financial uncertainty, was led by his agent to turn down 175 Million dollars over 5 years being the face of the franchise of the most valuable team in sports

I Don't for a second believe that offer was ever on the table unless the Guaranteed Money was so low, it was basically a 2 year deal ($60-70M) Dak was signing. The only real number that matters. Which they should of turned down if the case!

Edited by Nabbs4u

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Not my fight but because he's not Boras, that somehow makes him not a viable agent? Someone completely out of his depth? France had absolutely no problem securing a top $$ contract for Aaron Donald or Carson Wentz. The difference was, the Eagles and Jeffery Lurie actually wanted to get a deal done for their FQB.

The Jones's are so set on saving face for screwing the pooch 2 years ago "Pre Goff/Wentz" that they had no real intentions on a long term deal getting done IMO. The FTag was always the end game unless Dak folded like a lawn chair in negotiations and signed around that discounted 2019 number.

Why would France or Dak for that matter settle for anything less then what France got Wentz a year earlier? 

I Don't for a second believe that offer was ever on the table unless the Guaranteed Money was so low, it was basically a 2 year deal ($60-70M) Dak was signing. The only real number that matters. Which they should of turned down if the case!

Even of the Guaranteed $$ was low, Do you expect Dak to not see the entire 5 years and 175 Million?

For a guy who apparently "Bets on himself" and only wanted a 4 year deal anyways, Is he honestly worried about being cut?

Well, he got himself a 1 year 30 million guaranteed (That's not really guaranteed if there isn't a season this year), So how good did Dak do again if Years, and Guarantees was the goal?

And FFS, READ. I never said Todd France wasn't a viable agent. I see him trying to be "THE" agent. Everyone knows that Scott Boras is the heavy hitting MLB agent that gets his clients monster deals, deserved or otherwise. 3 of Frances clients are playing under the tag this year because he swung for the fences and didn't get deals done. Says to be he's trying to make a bigger name/reputation for himself that what he currently is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Not my fight but because he's not Boras, that somehow makes him not a viable agent? Someone completely out of his depth? France had absolutely no problem securing a top $$ contract for Aaron Donald or Carson Wentz. The difference was, the Eagles and Jeffery Lurie actually wanted to get a deal done for their FQB.

The Jones's are so set on saving face for screwing the pooch 2 years ago "Pre Goff/Wentz" that they had no real intentions on a long term deal getting done IMO. The FTag was always the end game unless Dak folded like a lawn chair in negotiations and signed around that discounted 2019 number.

Why would France or Dak for that matter settle for anything less then what France got Wentz a year earlier? 

I Don't for a second believe that offer was ever on the table unless the Guaranteed Money was so low, it was basically a 2 year deal ($60-70M) Dak was signing. The only real number that matters. Which they should of turned down if the case!

You quoted the wrong person. I’m not the one who said that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

You quoted the wrong person. I’m not the one who said that.

Apologies,  quoted a section of the post didn't pay attention to the name.🍺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

Even of the Guaranteed $$ was low, Do you expect Dak to not see the entire 5 years and 175 Million?

For a guy who apparently "Bets on himself" and only wanted a 4 year deal anyways, Is he honestly worried about being cut?

Actually yes. The same player the Jones's are treating like Kirk Cousins and going the Tag route, instead of locking up "Your FQB" like every other club has done with theirs. Dak is being asked (like Kirk) to prove it year in year out. He was told last year come in, be a good little soldier, we'll take care of you next offseason. Not only did he do all of that during the Zeke fiasco and a 1/2 dozen other players getting extensions but put up his best statistical season to date.

His reward, a 2020 FTag. NFL contracts are written on toilet paper and in reality only the Guaranteed portion matters. Not years, not the absurd Totals,   Guaranteed.  So if Dak was Guaranteed 2 FT (65M) voiding basically  years 3 thru 5 if they so choose and the Dallas Cowboys in the next 2 years didn't make any kind of SB type run you bet your ...., I believe Jerry would go another direction in year 3/4 if Dak isn't getting it done.

This is only a pissing contest between him and France because Jerry could of probably had Dak locked up for $28M a year 2 years ago Pre Wentz/Goff and doesn't want to 1. Admit I screwed the pooch and 2. pay the going rate of 35/36 with a 100M guaranteed now. 

Now I need to go wash my hands and rinse my mouth out for having to defend Daks position in the slightest, thanks.🤬🙉

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Actually yes. The same player the Jones's are treating like Kirk Cousins and going the Tag route, instead of locking up "Your FQB" like every other club has done with theirs. Dak is being asked (like Kirk) to prove it year in year out. He was told last year come in, be a good little soldier, we'll take care of you next offseason. Not only did he do all of that during the Zeke fiasco and a 1/2 dozen other players getting extensions but put up his best statistical season to date.

His reward, a 2020 FTag. NFL contracts are written on toilet paper and in reality only the Guaranteed portion matters. Not years, not the absurd Totals,   Guaranteed.  So if Dak was Guaranteed 2 FT (65M) voiding basically  years 3 thru 5 if they so choose and the Dallas Cowboys in the next 2 years didn't make any kind of SB type run you bet your ...., I believe Jerry would go another direction in year 3/4 if Dak isn't getting it done.

This is only a pissing contest between him and France because Jerry could of probably had Dak locked up for $28M a year 2 years ago Pre Wentz/Goff and doesn't want to 1. Admit I screwed the pooch and 2. pay the going rate of 35/36 with a 100M guaranteed now. 

Now I need to go wash my hands and rinse my mouth out for having to defend Daks position in the slightest, thanks.🤬🙉

Ok, just to clarify, by NOT signing the 5 year 175 Million (even if the GTD portion was only 80 million rumored to be 100, but whatever) Dak instead has 1 year 31 guaranteed, next year can be franchised for 38 million. So thats 2 year 69, with only 31 guaranteed today and he's paid by the week. No signing bonus, nothing up front, no protections for shortened/cancelled 2020 season

Oh, and if the Cowboys don't franchise him again next year (down season, injury, etc) He's be going into a FA market with a flat or dropped salary cap with only a handful of teams looking for a QB, let alone having capspace for 35+ Million with term

For all the "Dak's betting on himself" narrative, and given that Dak really wanted a 4 year deal, I fail to see how the above current situation for Dak is better than a 5 year 175 Million assuming, for whatever reason he only sees 3 years of that deal due to being cut. (If he only sees 2 years of the 5 than he's in a better position than he is today because of the signing bonus and possibly some protections)

If Dak sucked in year 3 of the 4 year deal, he's just as likely to be cut as he would in year 3 of a 5 year deal. A guy who "Bets on himself" takes the 5 year 175, because it's huge money, balls out and in 4 years (the length of the contract he wanted anyways) renegotiates an extension or becomes a FA/gets a massive franchise number again when his deal expires (Because by now he's banked 175 Million and his history of betting on himself would make him an unreal FA at 31 years old, wouldn't it?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

^^^^

Game316, you're going off an Assumption because  you've  chosen to believe the "leaked rumor" of Dak wants 40M, Dak only wants a 4 year deal , Dak turned down 5 for 175M. Notice how all of those statements are one sided? You think it was Daks camp "leaking" that info supposedly or the Jones's trying to use the media to aide in their negotiations? Come on?

The more I read your post above the less likely I believe any of that was truly offered because it makes absolutely no sense from Daks perspective to turn down. Common sense suggest that, why would he? Why would a player who supposedly wants to be a Cowboy for life turn down more money then Goff/Wentz? Not want to make 15X more money per year then hes ever made in his life?  UNLESS said numbers and Guaranteed money being leaked to the masses is way way less then reported. Which I'm of the opinion has always been the case.

PS: Dak is not the person intentionally "Betting on himself" for 3 years straight seasons. That's what's being asked of him to do by Jerry. Prove it, justify it, deserve this long term extension over and over and over again ala Snyder/Cousins. When you do, do it again! 🍺

I'm sorry but this was always the plan IMO because right, wrong or indifferent Jerry has doubts Dak can take them to the promise land too and would rather the 1 year rentals as the quick escape clause. This line of thinking only backfires if Dak goes full Joe Flacco!! However if that happens,  Jerry and every Cowboys fan on the planet happily bites the bullet for 40M APY because Dallas won its first SB in almost 30 years. Daks a SB winning QB with all the hoopla that entails which means the media and those skeptical fans can't blast him for that type of contract number being paid.

 

Edited by Nabbs4u

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Nabbs4u “The more I read your post above the less likely I believe any of that was truly offered because it makes absolutely no sense from Daks perspective to turn down. Common sense suggest that, why would he?”

 

 

If Dak was low balled on his contract and the leaked contact offer is all ‘BS Jones propaganda’ then why wouldn’t the now fired agent or Dak himself set the record straight? 
 

The contract talks are over for awhile, If Dak was offered a really low ball deal, as you assume he was, because he couldn’t possibly refuse Wentz/Goff money, don’t you think that would have leaked out of Dallas of all places?

 

I’m sure the now fired agent who is taking heat rn over asking to much would say “hey, they never even offered Wentz money, much less the rumored offer...”

Edited by DaBoys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

@Nabbs4u “The more I read your post above the less likely I believe any of that was truly offered because it makes absolutely no sense from Daks perspective to turn down. Common sense suggest that, why would he?”

 

 

If Dak was low balled on his contract and the leaked contact offer is all ‘BS Jones propaganda’ then why wouldn’t the now fired agent or Dak himself set the record straight? 
 

The contract talks are over for awhile, If Dak was offered a really low ball deal, as you assume he was, because he couldn’t possibly refuse Wentz/Goff money, don’t you think that would have leaked out of Dallas of all places?

 

I’m sure the now fired agent who is taking heat rn over asking to much would say “hey, they never even offered Wentz money, much less the rumored offer...”

"fired agent"

The dude quit CAA to start his own firm. He wasnt fired. Why do Cowboys fans continually spin things like this???

Also its probably not a great idea to be a chatty Kathy as an agent. Especially because he is probably woo-ing Dak to his new firm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2020 at 6:20 AM, Matts4313 said:

Thank God we missed last year. Would you prefer CD Lamb or that scrub the Eagles got?

Keep that same energy when Reagor is torching your defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO the timing if this all is what conspired to Dak not signing.  Dak wanted a four year deal to cash in in two contracts sense he got zip on his rookie deal compared to Wentz etc. Dak also wanted a deal money wise similar to Wentz .   Who knows what really was offered and I doubt we ever really know.   The bad timing is the virus and uncertainty of this season.   That gave jones probably to have second thoughts and “wait” and see another year.   Too me the upsetting thing about this is so far it is Coop and possible Elliot who got the extension that might kill the team later.  Right now as I understand it we will need to do some major restructuring to be able to sign Dak next year and can not afford a second tag.   
 

I also think it’s crazy and very revisionist to think last year we had a “loaded” roster especially in D.   I really want to know what the final ratings was on our Ol. And it wasn’t only Dak who struggled as people point out in the big games our WR’s and Elliot totally disappeared as well

Personally I think it’s crazy to think TV money is going to go down uhhh. NBA and NHL and in a lot of ways MLB showed you can safely play the games.   So with no one in the stands what’s left?   Duh TV.  The owners are gonna want to recoup money they will just charge more to have it televised and others we will just have to pay more to watch it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, quiller said:

Right now as I understand it we will need to do some major restructuring to be able to sign Dak next year and can not afford a second tag.   

It wont be to bad, tbh. We have ~$30m in cap space. If we give him a contract it will be east to afford that. If its a franchise tag, thats a couple restructures or perhaps a cut or two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...