Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

9 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

If Wishes were Horses....

I'd put stock in these kind of quotes if it was commonplace to hear players openly call their teammates trash, or at least give them honest public criticisms

"Crawford supports his teammate and possible friend. Says nice things about him"

HEADLINE NEWS

• 3 weeks later...

Currently according to A USA Today release on 7/15 we have 55 players contracted for 2021-2 with 36.1 m expected cap space.   We will have rooks to sign and Dak tag would be almost 37. So yes I suppose with creative reworking existing contracts we can make it fit.  But that will not be fun. 

But what is going to be harder is figuring out how to give Dak a 3 year 40 m avg contract to “match” Watson.   Frankly this is a example in my mind of one person (Team) ruining it for the rest Watson hasn’t dine anything to earn close to that money.  36 over 5 yeah.  But 39 per 4 no. 32-33 over 4 yes.  

3 hours ago, quiller said:

Watson hasn’t dine anything to earn close to that money.  36 over 5 yeah.  But 39 per 4 no. 32-33 over 4 yes.  

How can you spend the better part of the last 2 years supporting Dak and his over inflated future contract, but then say things like this about Watson without realizing your QB evaluations are heavily influenced by your love of the Cowboys?

Watson has, at the very least, done just as much as Dak. Though some would say he is more talented on the ground and through the air. And he’s done it with 1 less season under his belt. He’s also over 2 years younger than Dak. Both had great rookie years, but Watsons’ was cut short.  He has still been able to produce and was drafted 12th overall for a reason. 

Dak is age 27. Watson 24. Daks played 4 years. Watson 3. Dak is 1-2 in the playoffs.... So is Watson. Both are 2x pro bowlers.

Daks playoff stats:
839 total yards // 7 total TDs // 2 Ints // 64.08 cmpl% // 7.81 AY/A

Watsons playoff stats:

1,038 total yards // 6 total TDs // 1 Int // 63.48 cmpl% // 7.18 AY/A

Dak has played a whopping 26 more regular season games than Watson has, yet they both have 8 career comeback wins, and Dak only has 4 more game winning drives than does Watson. Dak has had 6 career regular season games that saw him throw at least 300 yards, at least 3 TDs, and 0 picks. Watson has done it twice in his career. But Dak has 3 career games that saw him score 4 or more TDs. Watson has done that 7 times already in his much shorter career. So they are about even on the number of games that they’ve dominated and “taken over.” Watson does it more frequently but Dak is more durable. Watson is younger. 

If you don’t think Watson deserves anything close to what he got then fine, but you have to admit that Dak doesn’t either. 

I stand by my comment that Wilson hasn’t done anything.   And to be clear done anything “more” then Dak has as well.  And anything to deserve a 39 m contract.  

Right now their are only 5 QB in game that have done anything in their careers to deserve a 39 m contract and only 1 of them deserves it NOW that is Mahomes

next closest is Wilson then Rogers then Brees then Brady.

everyone else deserves the 35 m level 

to continue Dak v Watson  I won’t argue much what you said about them being the same stat wise Reg and Playoffs  

my view  I won’t call them even Or put Watson ahead Reg unless Watson gets 4800 yards one year or Dak repeats 2017 nunbers

in the playoffs I have Dak way ahead based on first game results

1st. Watson 4.3 ay/a vrs Dak 8.3. -  Watson was terrible in his first playoff loss Dak has not been “terrible” in any of his playoff games.   

22 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

IIRC, Bobby had Dallas winning the Super Bowl last season. Working in close proximity to the team does not validate or legitimize homerism.

I think we'll have a better year for sure but these kinds of expectations have never, ever been healthy for our franchise in the 21st century. I feel like if the FO had been more realistic about the caliber of team they were putting out in 2017 and 2018 and not imposed this same all-or-nothing mentality from the top down, that the deal might've been done a long time ago.

Edited by matt79511

2 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

IIRC, Bobby had Dallas winning the Super Bowl last season. Working in close proximity to the team does not validate or legitimize homerism.

Yeah, okay. But Vegas has Dak as the third highest odds to win MVP (Behind Jackson and Mahomes).

So there is a very real possibility in which Dak wins MVP. If(when) that happens, his contract will be massive. Nothing Bobby said in that tweet was wrong. It is something to absolutely prepare for - especially if the season goes like many of us hope it does:

• Three 1k WR's.
  • Jawin Szn!
  • Zeek Eats.
  • Pollard showcase.