Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

1 minute ago, D82 said:

PFF also said we had the 5th best Safety Tandem

How did HaHa and Woods do again?

I'll wait.... (PS, I know that HaHa was sooooo good that we had to cut him)

PFF is trash

We are 0-1. Dak lead a loaded offense to 17 points, or is everyone else Trash aside from Dak because some garbage stats that don't lead to points tell you that he's good?

4 minutes ago, D82 said:

Let him throw 5 yard passes on 3rd and 7, 8 yard passes on 3rd and 10, 3 yard passes on 3rd and 5

We know the defense practically lets you get those and focuses on the tackle, right?

All those weapons and only 5 completions beyond 10 yards. Only 6 attempts. Only 1 pass over 15 

Dink, Dak and Dunk

Edited by TheGame316

20 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

Let him throw 5 yard passes on 3rd and 7, 8 yard passes on 3rd and 10, 3 yard passes on 3rd and 5

We know the defense practically lets you get those and focuses on the tackle, right?

All those weapons and only 5 completions beyond 10 yards. Only 6 attempts. Only 1 pass over 15 

Dink, Dak and Dunk

The o-line also had to pass rush against Aaron Donald. You saw how he was man-handling All Pro Zach Martin. You need time for your receivers to run a 15 yard route. I dont think their gameplan called for many deep routes 

6 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

The o-line also had to pass rush against Aaron Donald. You saw how he was man-handling All Pro Zach Martin. You need time for your receivers to run a 15 yard route. I dont think their gameplan called for many deep routes 

Which is the reason at some point you have to attempt to stretch the defense

I don't mind plays that are designed as dumpoffs, just something I've seen way to much is Dak drops back on 3rd and 7, has time to survey the field, then dumps it to a guy for 5 yards who gets immediately tackled (looks great on a statline 1-1 5 yards, but those decisions don't lead to extending drives)

Is it worth the 5 yard gain only to end up punting anyways?, or should he take a shot to one of his good Wr's and go for the 1st down and extend the drive? Throw it where only your guy can get it and let him try to make a play. Maybe its an incompletion, which is no harm no foul, Maybe its an INT, but even if it is, you were punting anyways so giving up possession only costs you yardage. I'm not saying go full gunslinger, but calculated risks every now and then

Edited by TheGame316
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 3:42 PM, plan9misfit said:

Much of it is the same as it’s always been: he doesn’t have any anticipation and can’t throw his receivers open. Instead, he waits for them to get open, often leading to sacks or dump offs.

The excuses will never stop for this kid. It’s always some other reason why they lost never his.

7 hours ago, cromagnum said:

The excuses will never stop for this kid. It’s always some other reason why they lost never his.

They aren’t excuses. They’re obvious and well documented flaws in his game which have not improved since being drafted. While his intangibles/leadership are off the charts, his actual QB ability is below average.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

his actual QB ability is below average.

I...actually don't think that is the case. In fact, I think we have a handful of really exceptional QB play, then the next tier, then a really poor level. 

There are what, 5-7 really amazing QBs? Of which 3 are slated to retire in the next year or so. 

Much like kickers, I am shocked the NFL can't find 32 humans to play at a decent level at the QB position.

On 9/15/2020 at 1:13 PM, TheGame316 said:

PFF also said we had the 5th best Safety Tandem

How did HaHa and Woods do again?

I'll wait.... (PS, I know that HaHa was sooooo good that we had to cut him)

PFF is trash

We are 0-1. Dak lead a loaded offense to 17 points, or is everyone else Trash aside from Dak because some garbage stats that don't lead to points tell you that he's good?

I would say our receivers and rb's are loaded.  TE is awful with Jarwin gone.  The OL play wasn't great.  Dak was pressured on 19 drop backs vs the Rams according to PFF (I know how you feel about PFF) which was the second highest number of pressures last week. The OL performance could be worse tomorrow if Smith is out or if his play is hampered by the neck injury.  What do we do?   More shotgun?   Leave blockers in?  Roll Dak out?  I don't know.  It was a disappointing performance vs LA.  Such high expectations. 

3 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

They aren’t excuses. They’re obvious and well documented flaws in his game which have not improved since being drafted. While his intangibles/leadership are off the charts, his actual QB ability is below average.

Unfortunately accuracy and arm strength are not big strengths either. He has improved on this but will never be top quality in these categories.