Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

Serious Question though Matts

If a QB started a game through 3 quarters 16-24 for 120 yards on 8 drives but 6 times went 3 and out and his team was down 24-3 THEN

in the 4th quarter he went 14-18 for 220 yards and 3 TD's but his team lost 27-24

Did he have a good game?

Final Stat Line 30-42 340 yards and 3 TD's 0 INTS

Sure, The defense allowed 27 points, but before you blame them, those 6 3 and outs probably didn't do them any favours

See, The way I see it, The QB, through failing to move the ball and extend drives put his defense in a tough position with Field position as well as they were probably on the field A LOT with limited rest. Therefor the defense allowed a lot of points. Then with the big lead, the opposition played soft (garbage time) and despite a great 4th quarter, the game was probably never in any real jeopardy, so the QB in this case played 15 minutes of pitch and catch with his receivers as time ran out)

But you would probably give the QB an A+ and 1 Win Above Replacement, Blame the Defense and Rate him the #1 Passer of the Week

AMIRITE?

Edited by TheGame316

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I didnt say that.

No Matts, you NEVER try to tell us that Dak is the best passer in football, (INB4 "I didn't say he's the best I said he was Top 3") or co-sign what's being said on PFF or in this case FOX by posting it here

You are completely objective when it comes to your boy

Edited by TheGame316

People are getting a little carried away.  We got an improbably win where Dak put up crazy stats against a falcons defense that played like they had the game wrapped up (which they really did).  So far this year... it’s already a lot lot like year in that he puts up good stats against bad teams while not doing enough to win against good teams.  After watching this game, do I suddenly want to pay him $40M a year?  No.

• Like 1

Dak played good today. I dont think he played as well as the numbers suggested but definitely not nearly as bad as some of the people in this forum say he played.

He didn't trust his oline early which stopped him from taking some shots.

Would love to see him open it up more and give our receivers a chance to make a play.