Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

18 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Dak played good today. I dont think he played as well as the numbers suggested but definitely not nearly as bad as some of the people in this forum say he played.

He didn't trust his oline early which stopped him from taking some shots.

Would love to see him open it up more and give our receivers a chance to make a play.

Haha, the man was borderline superhero today. 

12 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Haha, the man was borderline superhero today. 

He had some missed throws and got bailed out a few times. The pass to Coop should have been 6.

He didn't take shots until later.

Given the receivers we have he should have took a few more shots early.

Now none of this is saying he played bad.

I just think he played a step below than what his numbers showed.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

He had some missed throws and got bailed out a few times. The pass to Coop should have been 6.

He didn't take shots until later.

Given the receivers we have he should have took a few more shots early.

Now none of this is saying he played bad.

I just think he played a step below than what his numbers showed.

To be fair, every QB gets bailed out and misses throws. The key is consistency.

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

He missed some throws...

He was bailed out a few times...

If this is the stance, Dak may as well pack it in. He isn’t ever going to be good enough for some. Neither will the next guy...or the next after that. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

This is the problem. Nothing I said was negative about Dak. I said he played well. I just think the numbers made it seem better than what it was.

He made some really nice throws, but he also could have thrown a few picks and got lucky.

22 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

This is the problem. Nothing I said was negative about Dak. I said he played well. I just think the numbers made it seem better than what it was.

He made some really nice throws, but he also could have thrown a few picks and got lucky.

We spotted the opponent 39 points and 3 turnovers, and Dak still dragged this bleeding corpse of a roster to victory.

This was perhaps the performance of his career so far.

25 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

We spotted the opponent 39 points and 3 turnovers, and Dak still dragged this bleeding corpse of a roster to victory.

This was perhaps the performance of his career so far.

Do you forget the turnover that Dak had that gave Atlanta the lead?

Again, he played very well. I think he had better games. I dont think he was as good as the stat line showed but that doesn't mean he played poorly.

6 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

“It wasn’t a poor performance”

Lmfao

How did you get that out of what I said?

Me saying he had better games doesnt downplay this game. My opinion is I think he had better games. That statement doesn't mean he played poorly, bad or not great.

Can I not say Dak played well but not as well as his numbers would indicate?

30 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

How did you get that out of what I said?

44 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

that doesn't mean he played poorly.

Look, I’m not going to continue to debate on something that I find to be this ludicrous. You think Dak’s play today Is worth downplaying. Fine, that’s your prerogative. Dude was truly spectacular today from where I was sitting.

10 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Look, I’m not going to continue to debate on something that I find to be this ludicrous. You think Dak’s play today Is worth downplaying. Fine, that’s your prerogative. Dude was truly spectacular today from where I was sitting.

15-20 130 yards and a Fumble with your team down 29-10 at the half is truly spectacular?

Full credit for last quarter and a half putting up 23 points and stealing a win, but OK....

Here’s what I want everyone to pay attention to... Today, Can Newton passed for 397 yards and ran for 47 yards against the Seahawks.  Cam had 3 TDs and 1 TO.  He got the patriots to within 2 yards of a victory in Seattle.  Cam’s only real offensive weapon is 34 year old Edelman.  

just keep this in mind next week.  Let’s compare what Dak does next week to what Cam did today.  Then... I’m going to ask the question again whether Dak really deserves $30M more per year than Cam?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Here’s what I want everyone to pay attention to... Today, Can Newton passed for 397 yards and ran for 47 yards against the Seahawks.  Cam had 3 TDs and 1 TO.  He got the patriots to within 2 yards of a victory in Seattle.  Cam’s only real offensive weapon is 34 year old Edelman.  

just keep this in mind next week.  Let’s compare what Dak does next week to what Cam did today.  Then... I’m going to ask the question again whether Dak really deserves $30M more per year than Cam?

He's also got N'Keal Harry, a former first round pick, and doesn't have his 4th and 5th string tackles starting (assuming Tyron is still out). 

8 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

I think I can safely speak for everyone... No one here is making the calculation that Dak is worth $30m/year more than a former MVP playing at his best under the greatest coach of all time. This is such a false choice.