Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

19 minutes ago, Northland said:

I think it's in everyone's best interest to get Dak signed and working with the new regime.  Oh and sign a vet backup while you're at it.

This is the best bet imo. Dak isn’t getting cheaper and the hopes of striking gold with Tannehill/Bridgewater just isn’t enough to sway me.

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I think I've literally changed my mind like 50 times on if 2 first rounders and tanehill is enough for Dak. 

Finding QBs is really really hard. Passing league or not. 

I would trade Dak for that if I had Tannehill lined up. Sorry to Dak but if Garo is again proof we can get there without Dak. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

We offered him $32, it wasnt enough. The cap went up 10% since Goff and Wentz got $34. Offer him $36 before Mahomes gets $40 and we are completely boned. 

Yea if we can trade him and sign a vet then just do it. I am liking Dak now but not for anything over 36.

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

We offered him $32, it wasnt enough. The cap went up 10% since Goff and Wentz got $34. Offer him $36 before Mahomes gets $40 and we are completely boned. 

Definitely. Fine line between being screwing yourself by setting the market and letting the market get set ahead of you.

Edited by WizardHawk

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

We’d be better off franchising him for the next 2 years than pay him $36M a year.  

50 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

https://overthecap.com/franchise-transition-and-rfa-tenders/

the projected qb franchise tag for 2020 is $27M.  With a 20% increase in 2021, it $32M.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001100535/article/cowboys-expected-to-franchise-tag-dak-prescott

An exclusive tag, which prevents another team from signing him, guarantees $30-plus million.

On 8/13/2019 at 1:04 AM, Matts4313 said:

Did you not expect his agent to negotiate? Thats literally his legal obligation. 

Dak is a winner and he and his agent should be negotiating.  I'd be playing the look at my stats and what do you have on the roster besides me?  

I laugh at the people who trash Dak but then think we are going to get 2 or 3 very high draft picks for him.  How does that work?  He's trash to us, but we better get a king's ransom for him if we trade him.  Shake my head.

1 hour ago, Northland said:

Dak is a winner and he and his agent should be negotiating.  I'd be playing the look at my stats and what do you have on the roster besides me?  

I laugh at the people who trash Dak but then think we are going to get 2 or 3 very high draft picks for him.  How does that work?  He's trash to us, but we better get a king's ransom for him if we trade him.  Shake my head.

Hate to flip it on you but if Dak is as great as you claim then why couldnt we get a Kings Ransom for him?

6 hours ago, DaBoys said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001100535/article/cowboys-expected-to-franchise-tag-dak-prescott

An exclusive tag, which prevents another team from signing him, guarantees $30-plus million.

Why do we need to do exclusive offer on Dak?  I wouldn’t be opposed to getting 2 first round picks for him.  Heck, I’d even take a flier on Mariota and see what McCarthy can do with him.

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Hate to flip it on you but if Dak is as great as you claim then why couldnt we get a Kings Ransom for him?

Fair point.  Im not a GM but I think we would be pleasantly surprised at our return if we traded Dak.  Why would we trade him?  My point is a lot of us are forgetting the dark days of Carter, Hutchinson, and company.  I'll flip it back.   The fact that he is a terrific QB and leader in my mind ends the discussion about trading him.  It can take franchises a long time to find a QB.  In my mind QB is the least of our worries.  We can win with Dak.   Why we would want to part with him is beyond me.

• Like 3