Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

This is a really informative and good read. I believe Matts has spent most of this thread yelling that we're all getting too worked about paying Dak/QBs in general because top QBs have always signed deals for the same cap percentage and everything will be happily ever after once the deal is done.

Yeah... maybe... but also, no. Cap percentage for QB contracts have risen faster than the actual cap has over this decade and will continue to do so. So we need to get the deal done, but let's make sure our facts are straight.

Edited by matt79511

Sturm has a good article over on the Athletic about paying QBs and the theory of their cap percentage and what the future likely holds. Getting Dak signed now and staying ahead of the curve would be a huge plus for Dallas over the next 4-6 years.

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 1

On 2020-02-24 at 5:10 PM, WizardHawk said:

Incredible. 

What's incredible about it?

He who talks first in a negotiation, loses.... Dak has the Cowboys offer. The Cowboys have Dak's demands... The next person to talk is the first person to negotiate against themselves

Edited by TheGame316

3 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

LOL - Is that you Matts?

He was way too etiquette to be me. But he was aslo 100% right. The Cowboys QB for the next 6-10 years will be Dak Prescott. If you dont want to sign on, there are 31 other teams. Or you could be a masochist.  

11 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I wouldn’t use the exclusive tag, though. I’d dare other teams to sign him.

This - I'd be interested to see what other teams would offer and I'd look long and hard at the 2 1sts that might come back the other way

Dak might need some perspective in the form of humble pie

3 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

This - I'd be interested to see what other teams would offer and I'd look long and hard at the 2 1sts that might come back the other way

Dak might need some perspective in the form of humble pie

I think it would be a gamble. I too would probably use the non-exclusive. But there are a lot of QB hungry teams that have a lot of $$. It could just as easily blow up in our face. Did you see the tweet were a Colts exec (allegedly) said they wouldnt bat an eye at giving Dak $35m/yr? Think about a team like the Dolphins. If they could get a QB and keep most of their draft capital, that would be worth a lot of money to them. 

Edited by Matts4313