Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

2 hours ago, Northland said:

I know how bad we were.  Go back and check the pre season poll question as to what we thought the Cowboys record would be in 2019.  I think I said 7-9 and they limped to 8-8.  I think I had a handle on the reality of our club from the beginning.  I certainly wasn't dreaming of a 12-4, or 13-3 season last year.

Link?

47 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Link?

If you scroll back a couple of pages from our current topucs you'll find the poll question Predict our record.  I picked below .500.  I was close

Edited by Northland
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Link?

I said the following (paraphrasing):

Brutal schedule will hurt us.

We will flirt with a playoff spot but fall short.

Missing the playoffs will be the end of Garrett.

Maher's inconsistency will cost us some games.

• Like 1

Next 24 hrs will be interesting. Dak either gets done or he gets franchise tag.....and Dallas risks losing Cooper.

I'd be ok with the latter if it meant keeping Jones, but they don't seem interested for whatever god forsaken reason. . So here we are, 24 hrs away from potentially losing both. The FO decision to sit and let the action come to them isn't looking very good at the moment. 

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Werder, Fischer, Robinson, Loze all reporting new offer for Dak. 4 or 5 years @ 35m/yr

If he doesnt take that, then we need to move on. I wouldnt budge any further.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Only 1m more than Goff and a year later. That would be a Cowboys win.

I’d be okay he was asking for more garun. money at this point, but if he was asking for more money per year than I’d definitely question his motives for our team as a whole.

Let’s be honest, market FA QB money is in a league of its own.

Why Dak isn’t a franchise qb

How are franchise quarterbacks identified when fourth-quarter comeback and game-winning drive metrics are shown to be an unreliable metric? There is a variant of the metric that reveals a quarterback’s ability to truly elevate when the pressure is at its greatest.

This metric is not yet an official stat charted by the NFL. The metric charts the percentage of times a quarterback is successful in tying or taking the lead within the last two minutes of the fourth quarter.

The metric does not factor whether the team wins or loses as a quarterback can’t be faulted for the defense giving up a subsequent score. The metric only considers what happens in the fourth quarter and does not include overtime results. This metric truly identifies quarterbacks who elevate their team when it matters most – the two-minute efficiency rating (2ER).

In 2016, Prescott had a 25 percent 2ER with one success (bold) in four tries. For his career, Prescott has a 32 percent 2ER with six successes in nineteen tries. In the four years from 2012 to 2015, former quarterback Tony Romo had a 47 percent 2ER with eight successes in seventeen opportunities.

So when the Cowboys have needed their quarterback the most, Prescott has delivered about one time in three. By comparison, the last two quarterbacks to win the Super Bowl delivered at least once every two times.

Prescott has averaged ten wins per season throughout his four-year career but he has failed to beat winning teams with regularity. He also has eight fourth-quarter comebacks and fourteen game-winning drives but falls short about two out of every three tries when the Cowboys need him the most.

https://thelandryhat.com/2020/04/06/dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-not-franchise-quarterback/