Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

If they selected a NonQB at 5 then came to us at 16 and offered 18, 26 and next years 1st I would be enticed. 

Indeed. And, there's some speculation that the Dolphins may go with a positional player rather than a QB at 5.

Dak is a top 15 qb in the nfl. Top 10 maybe. Not paying him crazy money as he’s not a franchise qb. When Dak has to beat good teams last year he failed and for the most part played poorly in those games. Saints game packers game bills game and of course the Eagles game to mind where a lot of there starters were hurt and he played terrible. Dak seem to think he has all this leverage? Where is he going when teams after the draft have there qbs in place. Somebody is gonna pay him 35-40 million a season? I find that hard to believe. 

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

What....?

How has he not signed if this is true?

Because AAV hasnt been the reason he hasnt signed yet. Its all the other details of the contract that have been bungled (according to beat writers)

On 4/14/2020 at 3:25 PM, plan9misfit said:

Indeed. And, there's some speculation that the Dolphins may go with a positional player rather than a QB at 5.

If I could somehow get Tua I would definitely take that chance. Talking to a few of my Dolphins friends they have no interest in Dak for the number 5 pick which I can’t blame them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cromagnum said:

If I could somehow get Tua I would definitely take that chance. Talking to a few of my Dolphins friends they have no interest in Dak for the number 5 pick which I can’t blame them. 

I honestly don't know, who, right now would have interest in Dak

If I'm the Cowboys, I strongly consider rescinding the tag if Dak is still holding out for more money after the draft. Even for free, I don't see which team out there gives Dak 35 million or more that would put him in a better position than being the Cowboys starting QB

Chargers, Dolphins, Bengals look to be drafting their QB's this year

I don't see Jaguars, Patriots or anyone else dropping 35 Million with over 100 Million guaranteed on Dak Prescott, never mind the fact almost no team has any significant cap space left

Cowboys need to put their offer on the table (if anything lower it) and let Dak shop himself around. Lets also not pretend being the Cowboys QB doesn't net you about 10 million per yer extra in National Adverts as well as the zero state tax for playing in Texas

3 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

I honestly don't know, who, right now would have interest in Dak

If I'm the Cowboys, I strongly consider rescinding the tag if Dak is still holding out for more money after the draft. Even for free, I don't see which team out there gives Dak 35 million or more that would put him in a better position than being the Cowboys starting QB

Chargers, Dolphins, Bengals look to be drafting their QB's this year

I don't see Jaguars, Patriots or anyone else dropping 35 Million with over 100 Million guaranteed on Dak Prescott, never mind the fact almost no team has any significant cap space left

Cowboys need to put their offer on the table (if anything lower it) and let Dak shop himself around. Lets also not pretend being the Cowboys QB doesn't net you about 10 million per yer extra in National Adverts as well as the zero state tax for playing in Texas

Be hard to trade Dak. Given the cost to trade him and then having to pay him $35 mill plus, when if you really are QB needy, you can draft someone and have 5 years of cheap QB play.

Not to mention, Winston and Cam in free agency and Dalton available for trade at a much less ask and cost. Not saying their better options right now, but teams have options.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Matts4313 said:
15 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

What....?

How has he not signed if this is true?

Because AAV hasnt been the reason he hasnt signed yet. Its all the other details of the contract that have been bungled (according to beat writers)

So are they screwing him on guaranteed?

I just don't understand it. Dak should've been inked a while ago.

6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

So are they screwing him on guaranteed?

I just don't understand it. Dak should've been inked a while ago.

This is just my personal opinion, but I don't think the Cowboys, nor Dak, are nearly as concerned as the media and fan perception. Both sides know it will get done, so it doesn't really matter if it's March 15th or June 15th.

Though it would have been nice to do it last year

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

This is just my personal opinion, but I don't think the Cowboys, nor Dak, are nearly as concerned as the media and fan perception. Both sides know it will get done, so it doesn't really matter if it's March 15th or June 15th.

Though it would have been nice to do it last year

Yeah, I'm sure it will get done at some point, but the longer this drags out the better the deal will be for Dak which I can't complain about.

• Like 1