Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Whoooweee boys. This is thread on reddit. You know who is on everyones list? Dak. You know who is not? Wentz. My favorite salty comment:

Eagles fan: No Wentz on the list?

Titans fan: He asked for good players.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Jesus. When Sharpe is making a more logical argument than Cowboys fans. Some of you all should feel dirty.

Matt you know well how every franchise does after they overpay for a QB. It's not a Dak issue, it's a franchise QB cap management issue. Even the Packers struggled to get back to the SB after paying Rodgers for years.

I ammend our FO for taking thier sweet time with this because going either way with Dak could end up being a big mistake and it will set our franchise back for years. I just hope we make the right choice.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas
  • Like 1

Just now, canadaluvsdallas said:

Matt you know well how every franchise does after they overpay for a QB. It's not a Dak issue, it's a franchise QB cap management issue. Even the Packers struggled to get back to the SB after paying Rodgers for years.

Yeah most of them win a lot division titles and many play conference champ or superbowls. As a rule, they tend to be the best teams year to year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Jesus. When Sharpe is making a more logical argument than Cowboys fans. Some of you all should feel dirty.

Actually, Matts, if your EVER finding yourself siding with Sharpe, you should IMMEDIATELY punch yourself in the nuts.  Honestly, this should be a huge red flag for you.  It should probably prompts you to go re-read every post I’ve ever written on the subject.

28 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Actually, Matts, if your EVER finding yourself siding with Sharpe, you should IMMEDIATELY punch yourself in the nuts.  Honestly, this should be a huge red flag for you.  It should probably prompts you to go re-read every post I’ve ever written on the subject.

He is right. Name a QB that has:

1, Won rookie of the year

2. Has the total admiration of the team through leadership

3. Has the won 40 games in 4 years

4. Is statistically rated very highly in pretty much every category of those 4 years => AT HISTORIC LEVEL

5. Is rated the most valuable player from his draft class (PFR)

6. Has been in MVP conversation in 50% of his career (Got votes his rookie year. ESPN Named him one of the canidates this year).

7. Is a multi probowler

And cant get a market level contract from his team? Hint, its never happen... ever

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

He is right. Name a QB that has:

1, Won rookie of the year

2. Has the total admiration of the team through leadership

3. Has the won 40 games in 4 years

4. Is statistically rated very highly in pretty much every category of those 4 years => AT HISTORIC LEVEL

5. Is rated the most valuable player from his draft class (PFR)

6. Has been in MVP conversation in 50% of his career (Got votes his rookie year. ESPN Named him one of the canidates this year).

7. Is a multi probowler

And cant get a market level contract from his team? Hint, its never happen... ever

And how many QBs on the last year of their contract have been signed to multi year deals when theres been a new regime coming in?? Dak is in a curious situation and the new coaching regime is just trying to protect its self

11 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

And how many QBs on the last year of their contract have been signed to multi year deals when theres been a new regime coming in?? Dak is in a curious situation and the new coaching regime is just trying to protect its self

I dont buy it. McCarthy specifically said Moore and Dak were 2 huge draws for  Dallas

49 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont buy it. McCarthy specifically said Moore and Dak were 2 huge draws for  Dallas

Well of course he has to say that. That's the politically correct move. If he didnt say that he would lose the team from the start

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Probably screwed that up already. Dak should have been signed months ago.

That looks like its on Dak not the FO. They met his number just not the years. He should meet them half way and stop being a selfish pr***.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buddy_z34 said:

Well of course he has to say that. That's the politically correct move. If he didnt say that he would lose the team from the start

I wonder if this goes into the season this entire situation and the Joness call his bluff and roll with Dalton to start the season. Maybe see if they can't get him signed by game 4 or something. 

I honestly think that's becoming the reality.

Edited by Calvert28

7 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I wonder if this goes into the season this entire situation and the Joness call his bluff and roll with Dalton to start the season. Maybe see if they can't get him signed by game 4 or something. 

I honestly think that's becoming the reality.

If Dalton plays I cant see him doing worse than 8-8. And if he does worse then the bright side is possibly getting Lawrence or Fields next year. It's a win-win situation. Dont have to pay Dak that absurd amount of money while lucking into a top QB next year. 

But in the end Dak will sign