Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, buddy_z34 said:

Well of course he has to say that. That's the politically correct move. If he didnt say that he would lose the team from the start

I mean, he said it about hundred times. Even before Garrett was fired. 

57 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

That looks like its on Dak not the FO. They met his number just not the years. He should meet them half way and stop being a selfish pr***.

Nah. Looks like the best deal thats been offered is worse than Wentz and Goff. 2 QBs he is better than. Jerry should stopped being a cheap pr***

53 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I wonder if this goes into the season this entire situation and the Joness call his bluff and roll with Dalton to start the season. Maybe see if they can't get him signed by game 4 or something. 

I honestly think that's becoming the reality.

Thats not how the tag works. July 15th is the cut off. After that - Dak signs or holds out until game 10 so the year accrues. 

42 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

If Dalton plays I cant see him doing worse than 8-8. And if he does worse then the bright side is possibly getting Lawrence or Fields next year. It's a win-win situation. Dont have to pay Dak that absurd amount of money while lucking into a top QB next year. 

But in the end Dak will sign

lol - our roster is not that good:

Unsettled at C/LG and have 2 tackles that have been hurt recently

Have 2 WRs that have shown to be injury prone-ish and questionable hands

Have a RB who showed up to camp fat

Our QB is holding out

Our special teams was terrible last year

Our defense was bad and now we are going to have like 5 new starters

*AND OUR BRAND NEW COACHING STAFF CANT EVEN INSTALL WITH THEM*

Being realistic, with Dak we are probably a ~10 win team. With Dalton we might not even win 6 games.

Edited by Matts4313

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

lol - our roster is not that good:

Unsettled at C/LG and have 2 tackles that have been hurt recently

Have 2 WRs that have shown to be injury prone-ish and questionable hands

Have a RB who showed up to camp fat

Our QB is holding out

Our special teams was terrible last year

Our defense was bad and now we are going to have like 5 new starters

*AND OUR BRAND NEW COACHING STAFF CANT EVEN INSTALL WITH THEM*

Being realistic, with Dak we are probably a ~10 win team. With Dalton we might not even win 6 games.

And that is all from last year. Many are underestimating JG and the piss poor job his coaching staff has done for the past handful of years. I have a good feeling about this new regime coming in and I think they'll do wonders for the talent that is on this team. Every team has talent,  it's the coaches job of putting them in the right places to succeed. JG never did that

15 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

And that is all from last year. Many are underestimating JG and the piss poor job his coaching staff has done for the past handful of years. I have a good feeling about this new regime coming in and I think they'll do wonders for the talent that is on this team. Every team has talent,  it's the coaches job of putting them in the right places to succeed. JG never did that

This new regime isnt even getting to coach the players..... Ya know, install the offense/defense/special teams.....  practice..

And we dont know when they will. 

He also said he lied to Jerry Jones just to get the job

Cmon man. That was clearly a joke. As for the Dak/Moore thing, we was talking about like last november. 

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This new regime isnt even getting to coach the players..... Ya know, install the offense/defense/special teams.....  practice..

And we dont know when they will. 

Cmon man. That was clearly a joke. As for the Dak/Moore thing, we was talking about like last november. 

The look on Jerry's face didn't say it was a joke. That's how I took it. But I also stopped watching after he said that. 

Dont worry the NFL wont start the season hindering new coaches. That would be an unfair advantage. They'll get their time just like any other offseason. The rest between minicamps and preseason wont be as long as it was before but they'll still get time. 

1 minute ago, buddy_z34 said:

The look on Jerry's face didn't say it was a joke. That's how I took it. But I also stopped watching after he said that. 

Dont worry the NFL wont start the season hindering new coaches. That would be an unfair advantage. They'll get their time just like any other offseason. The rest between minicamps and preseason wont be as long as it was before but they'll still get time. 

The NFL coaches were told to send players ipads with the playbooks and do facetimes.... I think practice is going to be very limited. 

42 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Nah. Looks like the best deal thats been offered is worse than Wentz and Goff. 2 QBs he is better than. Jerry should stopped being a cheap pr***

They reportedly met him at 35 but wanted 4 years. How is that being cheap?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The NFL coaches were told to send players ipads with the playbooks and do facetimes.... I think practice is going to be very limited. 

Preseason just became a lot more important then 

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

They reportedly met him at 35 but wanted 4 years. How is that being cheap?

It was $33m, less than both Wentz and Goff. And *allegedly* about $20-30m less in GTD money. 

It was a bad offer. Less than market.

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

It was $33m, less than both Wentz and Goff. And *allegedly* about $20-30m less in GTD money. 

Stop. With. The. Market. Hes not in the open market. You see I can do it too. Next year if he hits the open market then you can talk about market value

Stop. With. The. Market. Hes not in the open market. You see I can do it too. Next year if he hits the open market then you can talk about market value

Neither were Goff and Wentz. In fact, they both had a 5th year option. But their GMs didnt go cheap. Jerry/Stephen screwed up on this. 

Edited by Matts4313

29 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

35 is what people were saying with the counter offer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.upi.com/amp/Sports_News/NFL/2020/03/26/Cowboys-resume-talks-with-QB-Dak-Prescott-on-deal-to-pay-him-35M-a-year/2401585219481/

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I was referring to last years offer. I think ~$35/36m is where it will settle. But I remember the Dak interview when he was asked why he hadnt signed yet. He agreed the per year wasnt the issue, but "The devils in the details". After that there was a lot of speculation that they cant agree on the length of the contract and the GTD money.

One of them will cave.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I was referring to last years offer. I think ~$35/36m is where it will settle. But I remember the Dak interview when he was asked why he hadnt signed yet. He agreed the per year wasnt the issue, but "The devils in the details". After that there was a lot of speculation that they cant agree on the length of the contract and the GTD money.

One of them will cave.

Dak will be the one that caves. If he wants to bet on himself then make the extra details incentive based. Lead the team into a deep playoff run and he can get the money he wanted. I'm sure none of us would complain then. I know I wouldnt