Enjoy the NFL but tired of your team?

biggio7

Anybody else in the same boat I am? I enjoy watching the NFL but I found myself following more players than the team I like. Maybe I'm just tired of the team or something. I'm more of a baseball fan and have been an Astros fan since I was 12. When the Texans came into existence, I said, I'll be a Texan fan. I've been a fan since but I noticed that I never really had any favorite players on the team and disliked more players than I liked. Is that odd? How do you feel about your team?

• Like 1

I'm not tired of my team specifically always will be a fan. I'm most tired of the polarity of the players, and media. 

Big plays are dramatic, big moments are dramatic, Football will always be a team sport. I understand it's a business and livelihoods are on the line, and I understand it's a platform for a brand. I just think a lot of times the focus is on the wrong thing. There should not be as much drama between media and the players.

There's a disconnect media used to be more regulated and the things were factual most of the time. Now everyone wants to be first with the news it dissolves trust between the players and what gets lost is the GAME.

Edited by thebestever6
  • Like 1

It's just odd and difficult at times. Maybe I just don't follow them enough to like their players. Like I said, being more into baseball, I always have on MLB Network and listens to players there and such. I never watch the NFL Network.

20 hours ago, biggio7 said:

It's just odd and difficult at times. Maybe I just don't follow them enough to like their players. Like I said, being more into baseball, I always have on MLB Network and listens to players there and such. I never watch the NFL Network.

If the Astros were just a fringe playoff team but not a contender and the Texans looked like the best team in the NFL, I suspect you'd feel a little different.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

If the Astros were just a fringe playoff team but not a contender and the Texans looked like the best team in the NFL, I suspect you'd feel a little different.

Nope, I enjoyed them all through their miserable years after Biggio retired, I still had my favorite players on the team like Pence, Oswalt, Brandon Barnes, etc. There were always guys I liked on the team.

• Like 1