Which team do you think is overrated and will underachieve?

DigInBoys

2 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

I stopped taking you seriously the second you called Goff an elite QB.

He's certainly shown promise, but calling him an elite QB is laughable. He's a good QB, but elite QB implies that he would be in the same league as QB's like Brady, Brees, Wilson, Rodgers, etc. He's not even close.

And while the Chargers defense certainly had it's flaws in that game, Philip Rivers did way better against the Patriots defense than Goff did. Not saying he played great or anything, but the Chargers went down and scored a TD on the first offensive drive of the game before the defense proceeded to give up 4 straight touchdowns on 4 straight drives.

His numbers say he’s elite. 

His offensive system makes him elite. He’s 24. He’s a stud. 

He even out duel Rivers in their head to head. Come on man. It’s just annoying hearing how every year they ish on Goff. 

Last year they said! Wow so many egos can goff take the next step. Another year! defenses will catch up.. 

I will say my major problem with Goff.. To many of times is he trying to hit the HR ball instead of taking the easy check down. That’s his main issue and why the offense struggled last year.. Not because the 15 second cut off.. which annoys the living crap out of me. That and his inability to use TEs. 

On 8/12/2019 at 8:58 PM, warrenblue said:

Browns. They're not winning the division and I wouldn't be surprised if the finish 4th in the AFC north even behind the Bengals.

They're like the 2013 Lakers with Nash, Kobe, Artest, Gasol and Howard. Too much hype, ego and no substance.

That’s a terrible comparison. Nash, Kobe, Artest, and Gasol were all old and past their primes. Dwight Howard fell off a cliff and was never the same due to back injuries.

They also couldn’t shoot 3’s in a league that was transitioning to heavy 3 point shooting.

Edited by candyman93

6 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

His numbers say he’s elite. 

His offensive system makes him elite. He’s 24. He’s a stud. 

He even out duel Rivers in their head to head. Come on man. It’s just annoying hearing how every year they ish on Goff. 

Last year they said! Wow so many egos can goff take the next step. Another year! defenses will catch up.. 

I will say my major problem with Goff.. To many of times is he trying to hit the HR ball instead of taking the easy check down. That’s his main issue and why the offense struggled last year.. Not because the 15 second cut off.. which annoys the living crap out of me. That and his inability to use TEs. 

I mean if you want to compare numbers: Rivers had a higher passer rating (105.5) than Goff (101.1). That's with a far worse offensive line and slightly worse offensive skill players.

And for the record: I don't consider Rivers an elite QB. I consider him in that next tier of very good QB. 

Edited by Bolts223

8 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

I stopped taking you seriously the second you called Goff an elite QB.

He's certainly shown promise, but calling him an elite QB is laughable. He's a good QB, but elite QB implies that he would be in the same league as QB's like Brady, Brees, Wilson, Rodgers, etc. He's not even close.

And while the Chargers defense certainly had it's flaws in that game, Philip Rivers did way better against the Patriots defense than Goff did. Not saying he played great or anything, but the Chargers went down and scored a TD on the first offensive drive of the game before the defense proceeded to give up 4 straight touchdowns on 4 straight drives. The Chargers were also playing in Foxboro in about zero degree weather.

That alone is more than Goff or the Rams offense did all game.

Remember, many Rams fans were saying last year on this board that was/would be better than Mahomes. This was always a bad take.

I do think Goff is/will be a top 10 QB though. 

Edited by Buckweath

On 8/12/2019 at 7:58 PM, warrenblue said:

Browns. They're not winning the division and I wouldn't be surprised if the finish 4th in the AFC north even behind the Bengals.

They're like the 2013 Lakers with Nash, Kobe, Artest, Gasol and Howard. Too much hype, ego and no substance.

Disagree that the Browns are over rated but I do think the Steelers and possibly the Ravens are still better.  But it'll be close between those 3 teams for the AFCN.  Please don't include my Bengals in this convo...xD

8 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

I mean if you want to compare numbers: Rivers had a higher passer rating (105.5) than Goff (101.1). That's with a far worse offensive line and slightly worse offensive skill players.

And for the record: I don't consider Rivers an elite QB. I consider him in that next tier of very good QB. 

I don't consider Goff or Rivers elite - they're about in the same tier for me though. Their numbers last year are ridiculously similar.

I disagree about the OL - times sacked and sack percentage were very close, while the Chargers averaged 4.7 YPC and Rams averaged 4.9 - very similar. Definitely not "far worse".

Rams: Lost a lot of talent and was exposed towards the end of the season last year.

Packers: Don't buy LaFleur as a HC and their talent level leaves a lot to be desired.

Browns: I love what they did this offseason and they could easily do well but as far as the Browns are concerned, I have to see it before I believe it. I also question how Kitchens will adjust as a HC ... he's by far the greenest HC in the NFL. I'm not sure the Browns will actually live up to the hype that their admittedly impressive roster is generating.

25 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

Remember, many Rams fans were saying last year on this board that was/would be better than Mahomes. This was always a bad take.

I do not remember any Rams fans saying he'd be better than Mahomes, unless it was just the first few games of the season - and at that point it wasn't a bad take - toward the end of the year, sure.

Just now, FrantikRam said:

I don't consider Goff or Rivers elite - they're about in the same tier for me though. Their numbers last year are ridiculously similar.

I disagree about the OL - times sacked and sack percentage were very close, while the Chargers averaged 4.7 YPC and Rams averaged 4.9 - very similar. Definitely not "far worse".

Goff needs way more of a sample size before I put him in Rivers' tier.

30 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

How was it a bad take? Literally anything people expected of Mahomes was pure speculation.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Rams: Lost a lot of talent and was exposed towards the end of the season last year.

Packers: Don't buy LaFleur as a HC and their talent level leaves a lot to be desired.

Browns: I love what they did this offseason and they could easily do well but as far as the Browns are concerned, I have to see it before I believe it. I also question how Kitchens will adjust as a HC ... he's by far the greenest HC in the NFL. I'm not sure the Browns will actually live up to the hype that their admittedly impressive roster is generating.

Rams did not lose a lot of talent - this take is getting old. Suh was garbage in the regular season last year. Joyner was bad. Sullivan was bad.

Only player that left that will be missed is Saffold - questions about the OL are warranted.

But it's still one of the most talented teams in the NFL, and it's just strange that people keep saying we were exposed - the Rams scored 7 points against the Vikings two years ago, 6 points against the Bears last year and 3 points in the Super Bowl - in all of those games the word exposed was used, and in between the three the offense performed at near-elite levels.

And to make it even funnier, it came against the brightest defensive mind in NFL history - if people could actually duplicate what he does, the Patriots wouldn't be the Patriots.

1 minute ago, FrantikRam said:

Rams did not lose a lot of talent - this take is getting old. Suh was garbage in the regular season last year. Joyner was bad. Sullivan was bad.

Only player that left that will be missed is Saffold - questions about the OL are warranted.

But it's still one of the most talented teams in the NFL, and it's just strange that people keep saying we were exposed - the Rams scored 7 points against the Vikings two years ago, 6 points against the Bears last year and 3 points in the Super Bowl - in all of those games the word exposed was used, and in between the three the offense performed at near-elite levels.

And to make it even funnier, it came against the brightest defensive mind in NFL history - if people could actually duplicate what he does, the Patriots wouldn't be the Patriots.

While I think many people are overestimating what the Rams have lost/gone threw, I believe many Rams fans are also downplaying it to some degree. Do I think the Rams will be a playoff team next year? Absolutely. However I don't think they're going to be able to just waltz right in like they have the past two years, it's going to be a bit more of a dogfight.

31 minutes ago, Danger said:

While I think many people are overestimating what the Rams have lost/gone threw, I believe many Rams fans are also downplaying it to some degree. Do I think the Rams will be a playoff team next year? Absolutely. However I don't think they're going to be able to just waltz right in like they have the past two years, it's going to be a bit more of a dogfight.

I agree with this but I believe the season will be tougher for the Rams just because the NFC is so strong and I expect more from the Cardinals and 49ers. I also expect that at some point we won't have the injury luck we have had for the last 2 years.

But we really didn't lose much talent. Joyner for Weddle is a wash. Suh wasn't a great in the regular season. Mark Barron is replaceable and while they play different positions, any production we get from Clay will be a bonus. The only loss that is concerning is Saffold and we have young guys that have been groomed to take over for a year.