Which team do you think is overrated and will underachieve?

DigInBoys

19 minutes ago, I <3 Faulk said:

Probably the Clippers. They thought their quarter defense would help them run through the playoffs. Helped the Jackson's speed in Baltimore, but was absolutely disrespected and destroyed by the Pat's. 

What you did there? I see it... I see it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danger said:

How was it a bad take? Literally anything people expected of Mahomes was pure speculation.

Mahomes is a special talent. Goff is not.

Some could see it before it all happened (the MVP season). Some could not.

Mahomes is literally maybe the next big thing and some of us have been saying that for a while now.

1 minute ago, Buckweath said:

Mahomes is a special talent. Goff is not.

Some could see it before it all happened (the MVP season). Some could not.

Mahomes is literally maybe the next big thing and some of us have been saying that for a while now.

You were just a Chiefs fan hoping that. Anyone can look special in training camp. To say you knew that he would be anywhere near what he was last season or knew that he would outperform Goff, you're lying to yourself.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Danger said:

You were just a Chiefs fan hoping that. Anyone can look special in training camp. To say you knew that he would be anywhere near what he was last season or knew that he would outperform Goff, you're lying to yourself.

Yeah between Mahomes playing very good in that week 17 game against the Broncos, Louis Riddick saying in the offseason that he would take the league over by storm, Peter Schrager saying he was going to torch the league, John Dorsey drafting him and a GM I regard as good as any at talent evaluation, comments from Chiefs players about how he looked amazing in practice, the whole Chiefs staff being very high on Mahomes, a plethora of weapons, etc.

Let's just say many of us Chiefs fans were indeed very confident he would do great. 

I drafted him in both my fantasy league and won both.

You can say that I was just hoping. I like to believe that I felt strongly that he would be great.

Maybe the next big thing..

• Like 1

Just now, Buckweath said:

Yeah between Mahomes playing very good in that week 17 game against the Broncos, Louis Riddick, one of the top analysts, saying in the offseason that he would take the league over by storm, Peter Schrager saying he was going to torch the league, John Dorsey trading up all the way to #10 to draft him and a GM I regard as good as any at talent evaluation, comments from Chiefs players about how he looked amazing in practice, the whole Chiefs staff being very high on Mahomes, a plethora of weapons, etc.

Let's just say many of us Chiefs fans were indeed very confident he would do great. 

You can say that I was just hoping. I like to believe that I felt strongly that he would be great.

18 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

Yeah between Mahomes playing very good in that week 17 game against the Broncos, Louis Riddick saying in the offseason that he would take the league over by storm, Peter Schrager saying he was going to torch the league, John Dorsey drafting him and a GM I regard as good as any at talent evaluation, comments from Chiefs players about how he looked amazing in practice, the whole Chiefs staff being very high on Mahomes, a plethora of weapons, etc.

In what world did he play great in week 17?

If people want to say  the Browns because of an unproven HC and because of the Cleveland factor/"I'll see it when I believe it" as well as the division that they play in with Pittsburgh and Baltimore, then so be it and I won't fault you for that. I'm firmly in the "time to show me" camp, albeit I'm obviously optimistic. 

If they say it's because their talent is overrated/unproven players, then that's laughable.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Danger said:

In what world did he play great in week 17?

You need to watch the game.

He didn't have great stats but if you watched the game, he looked great. Broncos' players were full of praise for him after the game and it was well deserved. They knew he was/would be a baller.

On 8/14/2019 at 1:55 AM, Starless said:

I think the big question for the Browns is the coaching staff.

Yup. I have faith in Freddie but he still has to prove it.

On paper, we're the most talented team in the division. And most of their core players were here last year - with the exception of guys like OBJ, Vernon, Richardson, and Hunt - so it's not like there's no team chemistry. Still, I won't fault anyone for choosing Pittsburgh or Baltimore to win the AFCN.

13 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

His numbers say he’s elite. 

His offensive system makes him elite. He’s 24. He’s a stud. 

He even out duel Rivers in their head to head. Come on man. It’s just annoying hearing how every year they ish on Goff. 

Last year they said! Wow so many egos can goff take the next step. Another year! defenses will catch up.. 

I will say my major problem with Goff.. To many of times is he trying to hit the HR ball instead of taking the easy check down. That’s his main issue and why the offense struggled last year.. Not because the 15 second cut off.. which annoys the living crap out of me. That and his inability to use TEs. 

Shall we say the truth is somewhere in the middle? Goff doesn't deserve most of the flack he's getting, but he IS fallible at times and can't be considered elite YET. I think he will be, and I do expect Rams to win the division again this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckweath said:

It's one year. And Goff is only 11 months older than Mahomes, so they're very close in age.

Mahomes is definitely better right now but it's also entirely possible Goff ends up with a better career.

5 hours ago, Danger said:

While I think many people are overestimating what the Rams have lost/gone threw, I believe many Rams fans are also downplaying it to some degree. Do I think the Rams will be a playoff team next year? Absolutely. However I don't think they're going to be able to just waltz right in like they have the past two years, it's going to be a bit more of a dogfight.

I am downplaying what they lost because I know how bad Suh and Joyner were last year - the defense is immediately better and I expect them to actually meet the potential this year.

Offensive line is a little different, but people don't realize how bad John Sullivan was down the stretch last year - so that's a bit of an unknown. But the two young OL stepping in got first team reps every week last year while giving Whitworth and Sullivan rest, so the coaching staff should have an idea of what they can do.

I agree that it'll be tougher and of course I'm scared of the dreaded Super Bowl loser hangover - I just have to trust that McVay can overcome that.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

If people want to say  the Browns because of an unproven HC and because of the Cleveland factor/"I'll see it when I believe it" as well as the division that they play in with Pittsburgh and Baltimore, then so be it and I won't fault you for that. I'm firmly in the "time to show me" camp, albeit I'm obviously optimistic. 

If they say it's because their talent is overrated/unproven players, then that's laughable.

I'll say the Browns, but more because they're just not ripe yet so to speak. They're Brown, but also green. They need to build the proper chemistry and experience. 2020 yeah I'll take the Browns.