Which team do you think is overrated and will underachieve?

DigInBoys

43 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

It's one year. And Goff is only 11 months older than Mahomes, so they're very close in age.

Mahomes is definitely better right now but it's also entirely possible Goff ends up with a better career.

Not happening. Forget it.

5 hours ago, I <3 Faulk said:

Probably the Clippers. They thought their quarter defense would help them run through the playoffs. Helped the Jackson's speed in Baltimore, but was absolutely disrespected and destroyed by the Pat's. 

Clippers play in the NBA. The Chargers defense just didn't have the LBs to run another defense(we were down to our 3rd and 4th LBs) and along with Gus getting out coach by Bill.

3 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I'm not as high on Goff as most Rams fans, but I'm also not as high on Mahomes as most people.

You've made me change my mind: I guarantee Goff will end up with a better career than Mahomes.

Goff is better than Watson and any young QB not named Mahomes but his stock has massively dropped since the Bears game and his performance in the SB. I think people are giving McVay all of the credit for the Rams rather than #1 overall pick.

• Like 2

On 8/13/2019 at 1:51 PM, FrantikRam said:

The Bears did it on a freezing night in December in Chicago, the 2nd consecutive East coast trip for the Rams.

The Patriots did it on a neutral field after a week off.

But neither game will have an impact this year - McVay will adjust.

Chicago and Detroit are east coast cities?

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

Mahomes is definitely better right now but it's also entirely possible Goff ends up with a better career.

1 hour ago, Buckweath said:

Not happening. Forget it.

56 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

You've made me change my mind: I guarantee Goff will end up with a better career than Mahomes.

This escalated exactly how I figured such an exchange between you two would escalate.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I'll say the Browns, but more because they're just not ripe yet so to speak. They're Brown, but also green. They need to build the proper chemistry and experience. 2020 yeah I'll take the Browns.

I think the the chemistry stuff can hold them back from winning a title but not from making the playoffs. 

Look at the rams 2 years ago when they made their big jump from ‘16 to ‘17. The offense didn’t have a lot of chemistry like what the browns might have. The 3 top WRs in ‘17 weren’t on the team in ‘16 for Goff and Rams.  Browns could have a big jump like the rams did. 

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I think the the chemistry stuff can hold them back from winning a title but not from making the playoffs. 

Look at the rams 2 years ago when they made their big jump from ‘16 to ‘17. The offense didn’t have a lot of chemistry like what the browns might have. The 3 top WRs in ‘17 weren’t on the team in ‘16 for Goff and Rams.  Browns could have a big jump like the rams did. 

I think it's entirely possible, but not necessarily likely. It's just the nature of the odds. 

I'm also of the mindset that the Steelers are going to rebound this year. FWIW I have the Steelers at 10 or 11 wins, Browns I'm seeing around 9 potentially fighting for a wildcard depending on how the rest of the AFC shakes out. 2020 I could definitely make them the favorites in my eyes depending on what happens between now and then.

8 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

I don't consider Goff or Rivers elite - they're about in the same tier for me though. Their numbers last year are ridiculously similar.

I disagree about the OL - times sacked and sack percentage were very close, while the Chargers averaged 4.7 YPC and Rams averaged 4.9 - very similar. Definitely not "far worse".

Yes. Absolutely far worse.

PFF had the Rams o-line ranked 6th overall in 2018, Chargers was ranked 30.

Sacks and sack percentage often have just as much to do with the QB himself rather than the O-line. 

Chargers o-line was better in run blocking than it was in pass blocking.

Rivers put up slightly better numbers with worse overall talent around him on offense and without one of the best offensive minds in the game on his side. If they were actually equal Goff would have comfortably higher numbers than Rivers in 2018.

Edited by Bolts223

Rivers is Elite. If youve had 4 or more seasons with 100 plus passer rating, while throwing for 400 attempts, you are elite. If you made the probowl and playoffs in the same year, with 4 different head coaches, you are elite. Quick, name all the active QBs who have done that.

If you measure elite by mvp, all pro or superbowl, than i guess he isnt elite. But if you use a more consistent streamline formula, he is absolutely ELITE to the highest degree.

Packers - People have them making the playoffs, I don't. I think the Bears or Vikings win the division with more consistent defensive play and think the wildcard slot is going to the Seahawks and one of the Falcons/Panthers.

Saints - Less about them, I think the team is solid, more about the schedule and I think both the Falcons and Panthers are going to have big bounce back years. History has shown no one really rules that division for too long. The Saints begin:- vs. Texans, @Rams, @Seahawks, vs. Cowboys, vs. Bucs, @Jags, @Bears, vs. Cards. I don't think they'll be above .500 after that start.

I wouldn't be surprised if Russell Wilson pulls a rabbit out of his arse and the Seahawks win the division but I'm still backing McVay and the Rams to win the NFC West. 

AFC I don't think theres much change. Swap Ravens for Browns and Texans for one of the other AFC South Teams. Indy is dependent on Luck's health

• Like 2

If your only argument against the Browns is: "LoOk At ThEiR hIsToRy" or "ThEiR hC iS nEw" or "EgOs" then I'll happily take that. Every single team has question marks and if ours isn't really our players then good. I'm sure it's hard to believe the Browns could ever be good. But when it happens... don't act like you predicted it happening just because you were on the pessimistic fence the entire offseason.

Edited by Vee-Rex
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vee-Rex said:

If your only argument against the Browns is: "LoOk At ThEiR hIsToRy" or "ThEiR hC iS nEw" or "EgOs" then I'll happily take that. Every single team has question marks and if ours isn't really our players then good. I'm sure it's hard to believe the Browns could ever be good. But when it happens... don't act like you predicted it happening just because you were on the pessimistic fence the entire offseason.

For me personally it has nothing to do with the Browns history and everything to do with so many question marks.

Like could the Browns be great this year and be a real contender in the AFC? Sure. It's possible. I kinda view the Browns the same way I viewed the Eagles going into 2017.

That doesn't change the fact that it's not likely to happen. I think they have a decent amount of talent on that roster, I do like Baker, but I think 9-7 is probably a safe bet. I think people are really still sleeping on the Steelers and that they are probably still the better team for now.