Which team do you think is overrated and will underachieve?

DigInBoys

To address the OP - 

I'm scared the Chiefs will disappoint, personally. I'm skeptical of a Spagnuolo defense, especially in their first year transitioning. Certainly, the offense should put up some points (and we got away with terrible defense last year), but it's not realistic to expect Mahomes to throw 40-50 TDs every year to keep us in 35-40 point shootouts. I hope I'm wrong, but I can absolutely see us underperforming especially with so many high expectations this year.

4 hours ago, Soggust said:

Respectfully, I think that's kind of a blind homer take regardless of how he performs. You could be totally right and he could be the next McVay or whatever, but realistically at this point, it's like saying "I wouldn't trade Daniel Jones for Aaron Rodgers or Patrick Mahomes because he looks like he could be a great QB". He totally could be. But the other option is a proven success (I get you could argue Mahomes isn't "proven" yet, I just picked him to avoid an age argument if I used Brady or Brees or whatever as an example). I sure hope Kitchens succeeds for Cleveland's sake, but at this point, it's ridiculous to not take Tomlin over him from an unbiased perspective.

Also, we have seen time and time again where a great OC doesn't make a great coach. Furthermore, he only had 8 games as a great OC. Again, I'm not trying to bash on Kitchens AT ALL, and I hope him the best. I'll even agree that things seem to be trending in the right direction for him. I'm just saying it's a bit premature at this point to project success (or failure), when in reality - He's just an unknown. 

Well I don't put Tomlin in the elite category so maybe that is the difference. He is a coach you can win it all with (obviously, he has a title) but I don't really see him elevating the team beyond their talent. 8-7 in the playoffs, which is good you are playing talented teams, but I don't think that is better than expected. You could certainly do worse but it isn't like passing up Aaron Rodgers to me it is like passing up Kirk Cousins.

5 hours ago, Soggust said:

To address the OP - 

I'm scared the Chiefs will disappoint, personally. I'm skeptical of a Spagnuolo defense, especially in their first year transitioning. Certainly, the offense should put up some points (and we got away with terrible defense last year), but it's not realistic to expect Mahomes to throw 40-50 TDs every year to keep us in 35-40 point shootouts. I hope I'm wrong, but I can absolutely see us underperforming especially with so many high expectations this year.

Rest assured my friend, the Chiefs will do great this year.

I think the Browns are overrated right now. Allow me to be very clear here. I expect them to do well but the talk right now might as well have them in the SB. I dont think they win the division, in that way I think they're overrated but slightly.

I actually think that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers could be really good this season, like WC team good.

• Like 1

Some think that the Browns will win the AFC North easily. I would not be surprised to see the Browns win the AFC North, but it would be surprising if they win this division easily... I think it's going to be a close fight for this division between two or three teams between the Ravens, the Steelers and the Browns.

I do not think a team in this division will win 12-13 games, but 10-11 games is realistic.

• Like 1

The question for the Browns is how they will react if they have a adversity early in the season, especially with a young locker room and an rookie HC ... When the expectations are very high, it can be a big challenge mentally because of the pressure if the team have a very slow start, especially with a very young team.

On 8/19/2019 at 8:08 PM, Steelersfan43 said:

Some think that the Browns will win the AFC North easily. I would not be surprised to see the Browns win the AFC North, but it would be surprising if they win this division easily... I think it's going to be a close fight for this division between two or three teams between the Ravens, the Steelers and the Browns.

I do not think a team in this division will win 12-13 games, but 10-11 games is realistic.

I agree with this.

I also think the Bengals are better than people are giving them credit for right now.  They started 4-1 and then the wheels fell off, but they have some talent and a vet QB.  They aren’t going to be a pushover.

There’s gonna be some really good, really physical games in the division.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I agree with this.

I also think the Bengals are better than people are giving them credit for right now.  They started 4-1 and then the wheels fell off, but they have some talent and a vet QB.  They aren’t going to be a pushover.

There’s gonna be some really good, really physical games in the division.

Shot in the dark right now

Bengals 4-12
Ravens 8-8
Browns 9-7
Steelers 10-6

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

Lol at the Browns being called overrated when the majority of this forum thinks they're going to underachieve and implode.

I mean it's all relative. When you got guys like @buno67 parading around the way he has/does, it gives the widespread perception that they're viewed more highly than perhaps they are.

I've seen some not even necessarily here, suggest the Browns are a SB contender, which is part of why they're perceived as overrated. Right now they are playoff contenders.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I mean it's all relative. When you got guys like @buno67 parading around the way he has/does, it gives the widespread perception that they're viewed more highly than perhaps they are.

I've seen some not even necessarily here, suggest the Browns are a SB contender, which is part of why they're perceived as overrated. Right now they are playoff contenders.

Well buno is considered far and away the biggest homer in the Browns forum, haha.

And I think the media does that just for clicks and views. I'm not sure how many of those talking heads legitimately believe we're SB contenders.