Dak or Wentz

Kiwibrown

Pick one   

112 members have voted

1. 1. D v W

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We can end this discussion of Dak is better than Wentz and Ill even throw in Goff. Why? Dak is having his best season and the Cowboys have the same record as the Rams and Eagles where both Wentz and Goff are having their worst seasons. We know when Wentz was having his MVP caliber season in 2017 he had the Eagles at the top of the NFC. We know when Goff had his best season last year he had the Rams at the top of the NFC. Both situations their teams went to the Superbowl. Sucks Wentz got hurt and didnt lead the team to Superbowl but he positioned them to have HFA which was key. The Cowboys look like they arent going to even make the playoffs and again thats with Dak having his best season. That lets me know that he doesnt move the needle much even when he is having a Pro Bowl type season. To put the icing on the cake, Skip Bayless conceited not only will the Cowboys lose to the Eagles and Rams but they are done and wont make the playoffs. Like Im laughing so hard at this because Ive been saying this all season long and I didnt predict the Cowboys to make the playoffs at the beginning of the season.

Now the Cowboys is going to have to pay Dak even more than Goff. The disturbing thing is, at least with Goff you can say he can be better than how he played this season. We know how the Rams look when Goff is playing at a high level. We know how the Cowboys look when Dak is playing at a high level. So once they pay him, yes he could duplicate these same numbers next season but will it result to another (6-6) season after Thanksgiving? Ill say it again, the Cowboys havent beaten a team with a pulse all season and it starts with management, the coaches, and the QB. Dak has everything a QB needs to be at least top 3 in the NFC right now yet the team is the same record as Wentz and Goff teams and both guys are having terrible seasons. So yeah this discussion has ended. Dak isnt better than Wentz or Goff. This season has proved it and if the Rams and Eagles both still make the playoffs which I think will happen especially the Eagles because the Cowboys are choking right in front of our eyes. If the Rams and Eagles both make the playoffs and the Cowboys miss it, that further says alot about the teams and QBs. 

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

We can end this discussion of Dak is better than Wentz and Ill even throw in Goff. Why? Dak is having his best season and the Cowboys have the same record as the Rams and Eagles where both Wentz and Goff are having their worst seasons. We know when Wentz was having his MVP caliber season in 2017 he had the Eagles at the top of the NFC. We know when Goff had his best season last year he had the Rams at the top of the NFC. Both situations their teams went to the Superbowl. Sucks Wentz got hurt and didnt lead the team to Superbowl but he positioned them to have HFA which was key. The Cowboys look like they arent going to even make the playoffs and again thats with Dak having his best season. That lets me know that he doesnt move the needle much even when he is having a Pro Bowl type season. To put the icing on the cake, Skip Bayless conceited not only will the Cowboys lose to the Eagles and Rams but they are done and wont make the playoffs. Like Im laughing so hard at this because Ive been saying this all season long and I didnt predict the Cowboys to make the playoffs at the beginning of the season.

Now the Cowboys is going to have to pay Dak even more than Goff. The disturbing thing is, at least with Goff you can say he can be better than how he played this season. We know how the Rams look when Goff is playing at a high level. We know how the Cowboys look when Dak is playing at a high level. So once they pay him, yes he could duplicate these same numbers next season but will it result to another (6-6) season after Thanksgiving? Ill say it again, the Cowboys havent beaten a team with a pulse all season and it starts with management, the coaches, and the QB. Dak has everything a QB needs to be at least top 3 in the NFC right now yet the team is the same record as Wentz and Goff teams and both guys are having terrible seasons. So yeah this discussion has ended. Dak isnt better than Wentz or Goff. This season has proved it and if the Rams and Eagles both still make the playoffs which I think will happen especially the Eagles because the Cowboys are choking right in front of our eyes. If the Rams and Eagles both make the playoffs and the Cowboys miss it, that further says alot about the teams and QBs. 

Boiled down:   You have buyer's remorse over Goff's contract/season production and want to project that onto Dak/Dallas. Cool.   

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

Boiled down:   You have buyer's remorse over Goff's contract/season production and want to project that onto Dak/Dallas. Cool.   

No buyer's remorse here. Im just stating facts. Gosh I love facts lol. See we had seasons with Goff and Wentz being at their best and their teams were great. We now have a season where Dak is at his best and his team is average and might miss the playoffs and the funny thing is even with Goff and Wentz being at their worst they still can take their teams to the playoffs and Dak can be the one sitting at home. Plus I think its only fair to say that about Dak since everyone has done that to Cousins. We all killed Cousins for putting up great numbers but still find a way not to have his team in the playoffs. If this was Goff having a statistical great season but yet the Rams were (6-6) oh he would be getting railroaded even worst than he is now. Same with Wentz. People railroaded Payton having great seasons and when he would lead the Colts to (14-2) seasons only to be one and done in the playoffs. So no Im not going to let Dak off the hook and saying yes he is better than Wentz and Goff when he is absolutely having his best season and the only thing he has to show for it is (6-6) and looks like he will miss the playoffs. So you can show me all the stat comparisons you want. The only thing that matter is wins and losses. Dak stats look great but the team has the same record as Goff and Wentz and both are having the worst season that they will possibly have in their entire career. 

Edited by stl4life07

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

No buyer's remorse here. Im just stating facts. Gosh I love facts lol. See we had seasons with Goff and Wentz being at their best and their teams were great. We now have a season where Dak is at his best and his team is average and might miss the playoffs and the funny thing is even with Goff and Wentz being at their worst they still can take their teams to the playoffs and Dak can be the one sitting at home. Plus I think its only fair to say that about Dak since everyone has done that to Cousins. We all killed Cousins for putting up great numbers but still find a way not to have his team in the playoffs. If this was Goff having a statistical great season but yet the Rams were (6-6) oh he would be getting railroaded even worst than he is now. Same with Wentz. People railroaded Payton having great seasons and when he would lead the Colts to (14-2) seasons only to be one and done in the playoffs. So no Im not going to let Dak off the hook and saying yes he is better than Wentz and Goff when he is absolutely having his best season and the only thing he has to show for it is (6-6) and looks like he will miss the playoffs. So you can show me all the stat comparisons you want. The only thing that matter is wins and losses. Dak stats look great but the team has the same record as Goff and Wentz and both are having the worst season that they will possibly have in their entire career. 

You're talking about team records?   Is coaching somehow involved in that? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ///mcompact said:

You're talking about team records?   Is coaching somehow involved in that? 

Yes but I’m about context and we have that today. Goff and Wentz best seasons produced great teams. Dak best season is (6-6) same record as Goff and Wentz teams when they are having their worst season. Like you can look at coaching too but Dak gets half the look too. I say that too because when people reference Goff and Wentz struggles nobody mention Pederson when it comes to Wentz and McVay is mentioned second to Goff struggles. Garrett isn’t the greatest but I feel he is the scapegoat just because Moore was really supposed to be the missing piece to help this Cowboys team and when I see the offense struggles against the Saints, Bills, Patriots, Jets, and Packers and they lose, it’s not all on Garrett just because the focus supposed to be on Moore being this next wave of offensive genius and then Dak with having Zeke being healthy and happy and getting Fredrick back this season to make the oline complete again and Gallup taking that next step this season. Like no excuses for the Cowboys to be (6-6). I’ll say the Cowboys situation this season was of that of the Rams last season and the Eagles of 2017. So people expect better than (6-6) a lot better. 

So Dak's best statistical year in 2019 (which some could argue his rookie year was the most impressive year so far) is not matched by his teams record. Got it.   So rather than pointing out that this team has underwhelmed in every aspect this year...from Coaching, to execution, discipline, special teams, defense, overall scheme, Zeke's regressions....it's all on the QB position because it fits your narrative?   

Let's do this:  Why did Goff suck in 2016?  

Edited by ///mcompact
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, ///mcompact said:

So Dak's best statistical year in 2019 (which some could argue his rookie year was the most impressive year so far) is not matched by his teams record. Got it.   So rather than pointing out that this team has underwhelmed in every aspect this year...from Coaching, to execution, discipline, special teams, defense, overall scheme, Zeke's regressions....it's all on the QB position because it fits your narrative?   

Let's do this:  Why did Goff suck in 2016?  

Im not trying to make something fit my narrative. When you look at the failures or success of a team you mainly look at the front office, the coach, and the QB before you look at everything else. The front office did a great job putting together a talented roster especially in key spots like the oline. Didnt the Cowboys get Moore to be the OC to help Dak? Yes. So thats another great decision. Yes we can look at Garrett but when the team is successful its Moore has done a great job. When the team fails its Garrett doing a poor job. Dont work both ways. Then we look at Dak. He is the one who needs to execute better. Why the team is getting blown out in the 1st half of the Packers and Jets game? Why the team fail to score points against the Patriots, Bills, and Saints game? You dont hold any of that on Dak? He has the weapons and the oline. Again Im not saying its all his fault but you make it seem like its none of his fault. The situation with Goff in 2016 was mishandled badly from the start. Any time the 1st overall pick doesnt even dress for Week 1 of the regular season you know it was mishandled. So you have to do a better job than looking at Goff in 2016 to compare that 2019 with Dak. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Im not trying to make something fit my narrative. When you look at the failures or success of a team you mainly look at the front office, the coach, and the QB before you look at everything else. The front office did a great job putting together a talented roster especially in key spots like the oline. Didnt the Cowboys get Moore to be the OC to help Dak? Yes. So thats another great decision. Yes we can look at Garrett but when the team is successful its Moore has done a great job. When the team fails its Garrett doing a poor job. Dont work both ways. Then we look at Dak. He is the one who needs to execute better. Why the team is getting blown out in the 1st half of the Packers and Jets game? Why the team fail to score points against the Patriots, Bills, and Saints game? You dont hold any of that on Dak? He has the weapons and the oline. Again Im not saying its all his fault but you make it seem like its none of his fault. The situation with Goff in 2016 was mishandled badly from the start. Any time the 1st overall pick doesnt even dress for Week 1 of the regular season you know it was mishandled. So you have to do a better job than looking at Goff in 2016 to compare that 2019 with Dak. 

So no answer. Cool  Save your words. 

53 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Yes we can look at Garrett but when the team is successful its Moore has done a great job. When the team fails its Garrett doing a poor job. Dont work both ways. 

It definitely can work like that. When you’re winning in spite of someone, in many cases it works like that exactly. 

If the OC calls a great game but the HC makes a bunch of bad decisions that hurts the team, it’s the HC’s fault the team lost. If the OC calls a great game and the HC doesn’t do anything (good or bad), then you can give credit to the great OC for calling a great game. You have to look at the reason why things are happening.

For example: if a team’s defense gives up 6 points and the offense musters 0 (resulting in a 0-6 loss), safe to say it’s mostly the offense’s fault the game is lost. But if the defense gives up 6 and the offense scores 7 (resulting in a 7-6 win), the defense still deserves most of credit for the win. It doesn’t always have to be equal credit/blame across the board. It depends. 

As it specifically pertains to Garrett and the Cowboys, Dak deserves blame for his poor performances - but Garrett is clearly just along for whatever ride the talent can bring him on.

• Like 2

On 11/29/2019 at 9:35 AM, stl4life07 said:

One word. Coaching.