Bears Roster Moves

WindyCity

48 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Emmanual Hall released.

I would be surprised if he didn’t end up on IR after a surgery in the offseason.

Technically he was waived, per @BearsPR. I believe if he clears waivers then he can revert back to IR. I’d expect both things to happen with that being formalized by tomorrow. 

21 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

From the comments today and “sourced” stuff it doesn’t sound like it’s a given that Hall ends up on IR even if he clears waivers. My gut still says he does. Guess we’ll see tomorrow. 

I don't know.  Comments seem to be along lines of he is gone.

We'll see like you said. 

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I don't know.  Comments seem to be along lines of he is gone.

We'll see like you said. 

That's what I'm getting out of Nagy's comments as well.

When a HC says it's a numbers game to me that sounds like they've eliminated E. Hall from contention as far as even being placed on the PS.  He's hurt and others have shown up in camp they like more including Marvin Hall and a couple of the UDFA.

Even with the PS spots there's only so many you can devote to WRs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soulman said:

That's what I'm getting out of Nagy's comments as well.

When a HC says it's a numbers game to me that sounds like they've eliminated E. Hall from contention as far as even being placed on the PS.  He's hurt and others have shown up in camp they like more including Marvin Hall and a couple of the UDFA.

Even with the PS spots there's only so many you can devote to WRs.

Tough break for him if he doesn't find his way to IR anywhere.  Worst time to get a sports hernia is right before draft. 

If Bears weren't going to IR him I don't know why they recruited and signed him. They knew he was hurt. 

45 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Tough break for him if he doesn't find his way to IR anywhere.  Worst time to get a sports hernia is right before draft. 

If Bears weren't going to IR him I don't know why they recruited and signed him. They knew he was hurt. 

There seem to be enough other teams hurting for WRs that someone will probably pick him up.

That may have been the whole idea behind letting him go now so he can latch on elsewhere.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Tampa grabbed E. Hall.... not our problem anymore.

🤷‍♂️

Nothing lost IMO - he couldn’t get on the field anyway, and even if we lose Gabriel after 2019 to salary cap savings we are essentially already locked in for our top 4 WR in 2020. 

• Like 2