Bears Roster Moves

WindyCity

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

A waived Bear player was claimed.  Dogs and cats living together ...

NASA should double their comet surveillance.  I'm sure one is headed for us right now.

What's next?  Cubs and Whitesox fans sign a joint agreement to support one an others team and Guaranteed Rate Field is filled to capacity for every home game?

A dozen Packer Fans come over and freely admit we're the better team?  cantbelieve.gif

The Bulls finally get their **** together and Stan Bowman stops trading for guys he's already traded away once before?

I dunno brothers.  There some weird stuff goin' on.  :o

• Like 2

5 hours ago, soulman said:

NASA should double their comet surveillance.  I'm sure one is headed for us right now.

What's next?  Cubs and Whitesox fans sign a joint agreement to support one an others team and Guaranteed Rate Field is filled to capacity for every home game?

A dozen Packer Fans come over and freely admit we're the better team?  cantbelieve.gif

The Bulls finally get their **** together and Stan Bowman stops trading for guys he's already traded away once before?

Sorry I've been so quiet in here lately, but someone was changing my mind about politics online and I needed time to think

• Like 4

9 hours ago, soulman said:

The Hawks finally get their **** together and Stan Bowman stops trading for guys he's already traded away once before?

Fixed

12 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Sorry I've been so quiet in here lately, but someone was changing my mind about politics online and I needed time to think

You can order politics online now too?

Damn, them folks at Amazon sell everything now don't they?

They accept PayPal?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Fixed

No....I meant it as it was written.  I'm a Chicago boy so I know whose who even if I don't live there any longer.

The Bulls can't seem to figure out who in the hell they want to be.

The Hawks know but Bowman keeps painting himself into corners he needs rescuing from.

2 hours ago, soulman said:

No....I meant it as it was written.  I'm a Chicago boy so I know whose who even if I don't live there any longer.

The Bulls can't seem to figure out who in the hell they want to be.

The Hawks know but Bowman keeps painting himself into corners he needs rescuing from.

Without the comma after "together" that seemed to be one run-on sentence about the Hawks, that's all

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Bears sign RB Josh Caldwell after being cut by Chiefs. Anyone know anything about this guy?

Rookie UDFA 5'11/220lbs.  Played college ball at NW Missouri State.

Chiefs UDFA Spotlight: Northwest Missouri State RB Josh Caldwell

usatsi_8036040.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

806 shares
tweet
email

By: Charles Goldman | June 17, 2019 1:35 pm

Josh Caldwell grew up in Lee’s Summit, Missouri.

He has found success at two separate NCAA Division II schools in the state of Missouri. His first three seasons were spent in Saint Joseph, Missouri at the Missouri Western State, where the Kansas City Chiefs hold their training camp. During Caldwell’s 2016 season he earned All-American and All-MIAA honors.

Caldwell was dismissed from Missouri Western State during the 2017 season. He spent his final collegiate season with Northwest Missouri State, capping his career with a solid season for the Bearcats. He split carries with Isaiah Strayhorn, so his production is indicative of that. Had he been the sole back his numbers likely would have been even greater.

Stats:

2015: 11 games, 107 carries, 647 rushing yards and six touchdowns.

2016: 11 games, 239 carries, 1,408 rushing yards and 10 touchdowns.

2017: 8 games, 138 carries, 856 rushing yards and eight touchdowns.

2018: 13 games, 139 carries, 830 rushing yards and 11 touchdowns.

Pro day results

Height: 5-10
Weight: 220
Hands: N/A
40 Yards Dash: N/A
20 Yard Dash: N/A
10-yard dash: N/A
225-pound bench: N/A
Vertical:N/A
Broad Jump: N/A
20-yard shuttle: N/A
3-Cone Drill: N/A

Highlights:

Fit with the Chiefs:

Caldwell’s size profile is a bit closer to what the Chiefs like at the running back position. All of the backs Brett Veach added in the draft or following it were 5 feet 10 or shorter and 200 pounds or less. Caldwell is closer to 5 feet 11 and 220 pounds. He’s more of that prototypical RB that NFL teams expect to be able to hold up under the wear and tear of professional football.

Caldwell has a unique blend of speed, power and balance. He has experience catching football out of the backfield and operating in pass protection. This experience all comes at the Division II level, but he’s already edged out competition that played Division I football in order to get a contract with the Chiefs.

The Chiefs had a throng of running backs on the offseason roster in 2018 and five of them made the active roster including fullback Anthony Sherman. Caldwell is going to have a lot more impressing to do in order to make it through 53-man roster cuts. He could be the ideal stash on the practice squad to develop and call up in the event of an injury.