Bears Roster Moves

WindyCity

• 4 weeks later...

Bears brought in Noah Spence & Shane Ray amongst other pass rushers...think it's clear the ratio of ILB to OLB is wrong right now and with Irving showing next to nothing as a #4 OLB why not take a punt on one of these former high round picks and let our coaches have a pop and turning them around.

40 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Bears brought in Noah Spence & Shane Ray amongst other pass rushers...think it's clear the ratio of ILB to OLB is wrong right now and with Irving showing next to nothing as a #4 OLB why not take a punt on one of these former high round picks and let our coaches have a pop and turning them around.

FYI Spence ended up signing elsewhere

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Ray would be the guy I would go after to be honest...seems to have more of a ceiling. 

It says a lot that the Broncos released Ray given their lack of EDGE depth. I think he’s done. I’d rather look at young guys with standout athletic traits as they can at least offer some special teams value.

Edited by abstract_thought

1 hour ago, abstract_thought said:

It says a lot that the Broncos released Ray given their lack of EDGE depth. I think he’s done. I’d rather look at young guys with standout athletic traits as they can at least offer some special teams value.

Ray was released by the Ravens who don't really have any standout pass rushers.  I think that is pretty telling but I mean behind Mack, Floyd and Lynch there is not too much to get excited about.

Don't know why they never kept James Vaughters over Irving.  He looked pretty good in preseason.

18 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Ray was released by the Ravens who don't really have any standout pass rushers.  I think that is pretty telling but I mean behind Mack, Floyd and Lynch there is not too much to get excited about.

Don't know why they never kept James Vaughters over Irving.  He looked pretty good in preseason.

Is there a team out there with a #4 EDGE who gets their fan base excited?

19 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Is there a team out there with a #4 EDGE who gets their fan base excited?

Nope. Ray did have a lot of hype coming out of college though. 

He is a prime example of why it's so hard to be an NFL talent evaluator.  I mean Ray had a lot of the tools you look for and the stats to back it up from college.  I wonder what went wrong along the way with this guy's NFL journey.  A lot of the times it comes down to mental ability and mindset over just pure talent.

11 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Nope. Ray did have a lot of hype coming out of college though. 

He is a prime example of why it's so hard to be an NFL talent evaluator.  I mean Ray had a lot of the tools you look for and the stats to back it up from college.  I wonder what went wrong along the way with this guy's NFL journey.  A lot of the times it comes down to mental ability and mindset over just pure talent.

Wasn't he busted for weed or something a few days before his draft? I think that speaks to his intelligence. It's either here nor there that weed being illegal is stupid & against the NFL substance rules, but it is. He's a moron.

Regardless my point is, Ray would be a decent add but no team is that depth at OLB. Lynch might be the best #3 OLB in the game. They don't need Ray.

• Like 1