GDT 8/15/19 Preseason Week 2: Baltimore Ravens vs Green Bay Packers

DreamKid

I guess I'll go with- 

1. 22 Yards

and 

2. Tyus Bowser

This way, if I win I can post a bunch of Bowser gifs. Which I'm sure will be a treat for everyone. 

Spoiler- (Y'all better pray Bowser doesn't go Sack crazy this season, or there's going to be a whole lotta Turtle Monster gifs up in this mug)

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Haven't seen anything official yet, but the consensus prediction seems to be that he won't play. 

I like this approach a lot. I wonder if they're going to PUP him? Or is he far enough along that he will be ready for the season? I hope they continue to take their time with him, for real.

12 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

I like this approach a lot. I wonder if they're going to PUP him? Or is he far enough along that he will be ready for the season? I hope they continue to take their time with him, for real.

Honestly I think we'll just see him participate against the Eagles in joint practices, and then debut in that game. He's already joining in on team drills and sitting out against the Packers will probably be one of the final ease in rehab measures. He's healthy. Right now it's just about knocking the rust off. I could see him taking some more rest days here and there, but it looks like we're in the final phase right now.

3 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Honestly I think we'll just see him participate against the Eagles in joint practices, and then debut in that game. He's already joining in on team drills and sitting out against the Packers will probably be one of the final ease in rehab measures. He's healthy. Right now it's just about knocking the rust off. I could see him taking some more rest days here and there, but it looks like we're in the final phase right now.

I believe all bets are at the table, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Brown play this thursday/friday or to see him at the PUP list coming into the season.

The important thing is we have a smarter approach than what we have done before. Having Brown play a limited amount of snaps in the regular season could have the impact we want anyway, so its not like we have to rely on him a whole lot in games.

1 minute ago, Danand said:

I believe all bets are at the table, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Brown play this thursday/friday or to see him at the PUP list coming into the season.

The important thing is we have a smarter approach than what we have done before. Having Brown play a limited amount of snaps in the regular season could have the impact we want anyway, so its not like we have to rely on him a whole lot in games.

Yea, I wouldn't be surprised either way.

It looks like Boykin has locked down a starting role at X, and Chris Moore can work out of the slot or as a flanker. Then you have Snead and all of our Tight Ends in play. We're not desperate for firepower, and we won't see any real challenge until we head into Arrowhead on Sept 22. Brown should have plenty of build up time to get acclimated. Going against our defense and CBs should accelerate the process too.