Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread - 2020 NBA Champions #ForeverKobe

ttitansfan4life

On 11/20/2020 at 10:36 PM, CWood21 said:

PG: Alex Caruso [$2,750,000] / Dennis Schroder [$15,500,000]
SG: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope [$12,345,679] / Wesley Matthews [$3,623,000] / Talen Horton-Tucker [$1,517,981]
SF: LeBron James [$39,219,565]
PF: Anthony Davis [$32,742,000] / Kyle Kuzma [$3,562,178]
CT:  Montrezl Harrell [$9,258,000] / JaVale McGee [$4,200,000]

Dead Cap: Luol Deng [$5,000,000] / Quinn Cook [$333,333]

Updated.  So apparently the stretched Cook's cap hit over multiple years, so it comes down from $1M to 333k for the next 3 years.  In the grand scheme of things, the Lakers probably aren't going to have issues with that if they want to be FA players in 2021.  KCP's contract is still a mystery, so we're operating under the assumption that they want to minimize his 2020-21 salary.  That's $66.7M in guaranteed money plus $5.3M in dead cap pushes it to $72M plus Anthony Davis, Montrezl Marrell, and Wesley Matthews pushes it to just under $130M.  Two more minimum salary players and they're just under $132M in salary, which is about $6M in wiggle room.  Not a ton, but enough.  If they can move McGee, it creates more wiggle room.

This is encouraging...............

Mike Trudell -   Harrell, last year’s 6th Man of the Year, averaged 18.6 points (58.0% FG's), 7.1 rebounds, 1.7 assists and 1.1 blocks in 27.8 minutes. The only player to average more points off the pine was his new teammate, Dennis Schröder.

What about this guy McKinnie?

He has a "throw in" feel to the CLE deal.....but you think he's gonna stick and give us some bench    depth? Read that the funds have reached vet minimums far as resigning Morris goes.....who apparently has said he wants to play with his brother 😡 Of all the teams to lose him to....the LAC would be my least preferred.

But we're gonna need somebody / or people to fill Morris's role and while McKinnie doesnt have the inside banger look to him and might get abused down low......just wondering.

What I know of the guy comes from watching a highlight video.....and one of the nice things about them is they dont show the misses or bad play 😃 So looking for some opinions.

Add on edit:  Oh....and why is Hassan Whiteside still a UFA?

Edited by Leader

1 hour ago, Leader said:

What about this guy McKinnie?

His salary is guaranteed, but he probably won't see the floor much at all unless we have injuries or guys are out resting.

This is what the Cavs SB Nation said about him.

McKinnie was one of the few bright spots in an otherwise dire season for Cleveland. So much so that McKinnie even shared the Cavs viewed him as the team’s best perimeter defender. Now, that could be more of an indictment on Cleveland’s status as a rebuilding squad but at times McKinnie had to spend the night defending the LeBron James’s and Kawhi Leonard’s of the world - and was able to hold his own.

But, yeah... he doesn't provide that much.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Read that the funds have reached vet minimums far as resigning Morris goes.....who apparently has said he wants to play with his brother Of all the teams to lose him to....the LAC would be my least preferred.

Chill. Keef to the Lakers isn't dead yet. 

So, we could offer a bit more than the minimum to bring it within $800,000.

And, he also just tweeted this a little bit ago.....

They could be trolling though.

Marcus is basically saying the 64 million he just got from the Clippers will look good in the joint account they started when they were with the Suns and, Keef is telling him he's gonna run it back with the Lakers this year (h wood = hollywood) and that he's gonna get his 2nd chip and then "its on" like he'll come play with Marcus.

At least that's how I interpreted it, but like I said they could be trolling.

I won't be mad at him if he goes to the Clippers. Would I rather see him come to L.A. or go to Toronto or some other team? Sure. But, if he wants to team up with his brother again and get a bit more money I understand.

Mike Trudell -   Gasol ranked 11th in the NBA in net rating last season, and 3rd in defensive rating (min. 15 mpg) for Toronto. A 2-time All-NBA player and 3-time All-Star, Gasol has made 80 of 200 3’s his last 2 seasons, good for 40% from the C position.

////

I hope there's gas left in the tank.