Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread - 2020 NBA Champions #ForeverKobe

ttitansfan4life

Lakers Nation -   Lakers reportedly signed Tres Tinkle to an Exhibit 10 contract.

Add on edit (and some info about Mr. Cacok that I didnt know): 

An Exhibit 10 deal basically amounts to a training camp contract that normally allows for the team to easily transition a player to their G League affiliate. Last season the Lakers signed Devontae Cacok to an Exhibit 10 deal, he was waived and joined South Bay, and the Lakers eventually signed him to a two-way contract.

The other question regarding this contract is the unknown of the 2021 G League season. It is unclear whether it will take place which takes away an important place for the Lakers to develop someone like Tinkle.

Tinkle is an interesting player for the Lakers to take a look at. He is a solid all-around offensive player who can score inside the 3-point line, and is a capable rebounder and playmaker and an overall high IQ player.

But he is just an average athlete and an extremely inconsistent shooter. Additionally he has had injury issues in his career and is already 24 years old after spending five years with the Beavers.

<Read:  camp body>

Edited by Leader

Mike Trudell -   Anthony Davis mentioned the defense the Lakers lost (Howard, Green, Bradley, etc.), but noted that the new aquisitions have strenghts on that end as well. It’ll be a different defense, but he doesn’t expect them to take a step back.

I didnt realize AD is a Packer fan..........another reason to like the guy 😃

"The Vikings will never be better than the Packers," Anthony Davis says. AD went into a long explanation of Wesley Matthews (Vikings fan) learning he roots for the Packers.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

I’m liking the new additions wish we could’ve kept Rondo though

I've seen Schroeder play in all of two games.....OKC was not on my radar screen. I dont miss Rondo one bit and dont anticipate I will.  Good luck in ATL.
It think it's clear that when LBJ sits down the offense is in much better hands and I've no hassles with Schroeder bringing the ball up even when LBJs on the court because his game is well rounded.  A good acquisition IMO 👍

29 minutes ago, Leader said:

I've seen Schroeder play in all of two games.....OKC was not on my radar screen. I dont miss Rondo one bit and dont anticipate I will.  Good luck in ATL.
It think it's clear that when LBJ sits down the offense is in much better hands and I've no hassles with Schroeder bringing the ball up even when LBJs on the court because his game is well rounded.  A good acquisition IMO 👍

let me correct myself, I liked playoff Rondo. Good vet experience in the playoffs that provided a little spark.

I’m really liking Schroeder, he hasn’t disappointed from the hype I’ve heard so far. 

Edited by Chiefer

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

PG: Russell Westbrook / (Dennis Schroder)
SG: (Alex Caruso) / (Talen Horton-Tucker)
SF: LeBron James / Alfonzo McKinnie
PF: Anthony Davis
😄 Marc Gasol

The Lakers certainly have their work cut out for them.  They'll almost certainly operate as a team above the luxury tax this season.  And they've got 3 notable FAs in Dennis Schroder.  Schroder isn't getting his huge new deal from the Lakers after acquiring Russell Westbrook, so you have to figure he'll move onto another team either via free agency or S&T.  Alex Caruso and Russell Westbrook are both RFA, so the Lakers will have the ability to match their contracts.

nick wright -   My short Russ to the Lakers take is this: Obviously the fit is questionable & they need much more shooting… BUT the only guy they gave up that has any playoff rotation value whatsoever is KCP. Harrell wasn’t in the rotation & I’d have packed Kuzma’s bags for him.

10 hours ago, CWood21 said:

PG: Russell Westbrook / (Dennis Schroder)
SG: (Alex Caruso) / (Talen Horton-Tucker)
SF: LeBron James / Alfonzo McKinnie
PF: Anthony Davis
😄 Marc Gasol

The Lakers certainly have their work cut out for them.  They'll almost certainly operate as a team above the luxury tax this season.  And they've got 3 notable FAs in Dennis Schroder.  Schroder isn't getting his huge new deal from the Lakers after acquiring Russell Westbrook, so you have to figure he'll move onto another team either via free agency or S&T.  Alex Caruso and Russell Westbrook are both RFA, so the Lakers will have the ability to match their contracts.

I wish we gave Mckinnie more of a run last year. he was a good role player on good warrior teams. 

Center: ?  , Gasol, ??? - I think Gasol could be okay as a backup 5, but no way I want him to start. I know AD will play more 5 but we should still bring in 2 centers. last year the position group sucked and we were desperate 

PF: AD, ? ,  ? - Could bring Morris back, not sure what happened to him. Melo could be a nice addition to the bench. Dudley is done, move him to a coach role. Can't be wasting roster spots MM

SF: Lebron, ??? ,  Mckinnie:- we could use a big athletic forward to replace Kuzma. Mckinnie is an unknown 

SG: ??? , ???? , ???? - Caruso, McLemore, THT, Wes??? be interesting to see what they do here. need shooting and defense 

PG- Russ, ????, ??? - I still would like another playmaking PG. wonder who we bring back