Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread - 2020 NBA Champions #ForeverKobe

ttitansfan4life

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

OPJ is always hurt and is a so-so shooter, you guys need vets that understand their role and can space the floor. 

Rudy Gay

10-16 feet: 45%

16-3PT: 39%

3PT: 35%

Otto Porter Jr.

10-16 feet: 44.5%

16-3PT: 45.2%

3PT: 40.2%

The injury stuff is valid, but there would be no way for the mini MLE without it.

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Rudy Gay

10-16 feet: 45%

16-3PT: 39%

3PT: 35%

Otto Porter Jr.

10-16 feet: 44.5%

16-3PT: 45.2%

3PT: 40.2%

The injury stuff is valid, but there would be no way for the mini MLE without it.

Last season Rudy Gay hit 1.7 3's per game at a 38% clip and played in 61 game (22 mpg). Otto Porter hit 1.4 3's per game at a 37% clip and played in 28 games (21 mpg). Rudy has been extremely durable throughout his career, OPJ hasn't played a whole season since '17-18. I think signing a guy like OPJ who's 28 and could still get another decent deal could create another situation like we saw with Schroder/Harrell/Drummond. Younger guys that were moreso focused on their own success because they wanted to get paid. With a guy like Rudy his career is winding down and he has been on some bad San Antonio teams the last few years, plus he has made like $180M already. I think he'd be more of a guy that would come in and buy into his role knowing this is probably his last chance to ever win.

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Last season Rudy Gay hit 1.7 3's per game at a 38% clip and played in 61 game (22 mpg). Otto Porter hit 1.4 3's per game at a 37% clip and played in 28 games (21 mpg). Rudy has been extremely durable throughout his career, OPJ hasn't played a whole season since '17-18. I think signing a guy like OPJ who's 28 and could still get another decent deal could create another situation like we saw with Schroder/Harrell/Drummond. Younger guys that were moreso focused on their own success because they wanted to get paid. With a guy like Rudy his career is winding down and he has been on some bad San Antonio teams the last few years, plus he has made like $180M already. I think he'd be more of a guy that would come in and buy into his role knowing this is probably his last chance to ever win.

Yeah, Rudy is more realistic. This was one of his better 3PT shooting seasons, so he’s probably dropping to 34% if he comes here like most shooters we get.

-S&T Schroeder for a trade exception

-Re-sign Caruso and THT

-Sign Reggie Bullock or OPJ to the taxpayer MLE to ring chase

-Sign JaMychal Green and Gorgui Dieng for the minimum to ring chase. If not those 2 then James Johnson and Dewayne Dedmon

-Profit

14 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

-Re-sign Caruso and THT

-Sign JaMychal Green and Gorgui Dieng for the minimum to ring chase. If not those 2 then James Johnson and Dewayne Dedmon

-Profit

It's the end of the Caruso era, apparently LeGM and Klutch don't like him, lol.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I’ve already seen it. It’s just another rumor. If Shams was reporting this, then I might buy it’s Klutch since he has an in. What makes you think this guy has a Klutch source or that this is Klutch leaking this?

Like I said LeBron loves Caruso and vice versa. LeBron and Caruso line-ups perform better than pretty much any other I’m pretty sure. The Lakers need a guard defender, especially with KCP gone now. Kuzma provided solid d on 2s/3s too. Both are gone. You aren’t getting any role player as good as Caruso that fits so seamlessly alongside superstars. The Lakers have his full bird rights. 

Not saying there is no chance. Since I do think the Lakers would prioritize THT. I think the Lakers would go into the luxury tax. How deep into it is another question. If Caruso gets somewhere in the 9-12 range, then I think we bring him back. 

21 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

-Re-sign Caruso and THT

-Profit

That's probably the gist of the offseason.  I'm sure they'd like to manufacture a S&T of Schroder in order to get Buddy Hield, but finding that 3rd team is going to take some work.  They'll probably throw the veteran minimum at the C position again.  Wouldn't surprise me if Dwight Howard and JaVale McGee were back next year.