Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread - 2020 NBA Champions #ForeverKobe

ttitansfan4life

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You have more All-Star appearances on this team than any team in NBA history. Two MVPs. Super team. @TheRealMcCoy

There's a lot of guys on the roster that I've not watched.

Monk? You want to know how many CHA games I've watched in the last.......five years or so? 
I've got some research and learning to do....but the bulk of that will come from actually watching them this year. I see them, I'll know what they bring. Again, I'm just amazed at the speed the holes were filled.

Edited by Leader

1 minute ago, Leader said:

There's a lot of guys on the roster that I've not watched.

Monk? You want to know how many CHA games I've watched in the last.......five years or so? 
I've got some research and learning to do....but the bulk of that will come from actually watching them this year.
I see them, I'll know what they bring. Again, I'm just amazed at the speed the holes were filled.

Monk is so good he was drafted before Donovan Mitchell. 

10 hours ago, Leader said:

Heard an interesting (and surprising) stat earlier tonight...
THT is now the 3rd highest paid player from the 2019 draft - behind Zion and Ja Morant.
If I didnt hear it, would never have thought it.

That's because the 1st round picks aren't eligible for extensions yet. He's actually making more money than most 1st rounders from 2018 as well since their extensions don't/won't kick in for another year.

That's 1 of the few good things about being a 2nd round pick: if you show out early, you hit free agency MUCH sooner and can get big money quickly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

That's because the 1st round picks aren't eligible for extensions yet. He's actually making more money than most 1st rounders from 2018 as well since their extensions don't/won't kick in for another year. That's 1 of the few good things about being a 2nd round pick: if you show out early, you hit free agency MUCH sooner and can get big money quickly.

Hmmmm....didnt know that....which was the cause for my surprise. I dont consider THT to be in Zion's or Morant's salary neighborhood based on talent/on court production - but - I guess he's just a lucky guy :)

Trevor Lane -   Last season, the Lakers shot 35.4% from 3, which ranked 21st in the NBA. Their new roster, if they shoot the same percentage and volume as last season, would hit 37.2% and rank 13th in the NBA. On raw attempts, last season's team ranked 24th, the new roster would be 20th

10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

this is how I see the depth chart

Center: Marc, Dwight

PF: AD, Melo

SF: Lebron, Ariza, Bazemore

SG: Monk, THT, Ellington

PG: Westbrook, Nunn 

If they can keep LeBrons minute around 28-30 during the regular season and give him every 4 or 5th game off for rest, he should be ready fully ready for playoffs. I honestly dont even think Melo finishes the season on the team. Westbrook, Monk, THT and Davis need to be the core guys during the regular season night in and night out. Wouldn't mind adding a 3rd rim protector at some point cause Gasol scares me.

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

If they can keep LeBrons minute around 28-30 during the regular season and give him every 4 or 5th game off for rest, he should be ready fully ready for playoffs. I honestly dont even think Melo finishes the season on the team. Westbrook, Monk, THT and Davis need to be the core guys during the regular season night in and night out. Wouldn't mind adding a 3rd rim protector at some point cause Gasol scares me.

I was thinking that too: a center and another forward should be the next two moves. Maybe leave that last spot open for a buy out