Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread - 2020 NBA Champions #ForeverKobe

ttitansfan4life

10 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

That's a no from me then.  Need to keep one of them.  Fair for them to ask but we don't know if Kawhi is healthy.  And he doesn't appear the most loyal at the moment either. We could just wait and pick him up next year lol

I've been trying to keep up with the rumors, but there's enough of them flying around.  I've heard that the Lakers haven't actually included Brandon Ingram in trade proposals, and I've heard that they have made Kyle Kuzma off-limits.  The Spurs reportedly wanted 2 players and 3 FRP for him, but the Sixers have made Simmons, Embiid, and Fultz off-limits in all discussions.  My guess is they wanted Dario Saric, Robert Covington, drafts rights to Zhaire Smith, '19 SAC/PHI FRP, and '21 MIA FRP.

10 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Yeah I wanted to not sign LBJ and pick up PG13.  He's going to waste his career in OKC but its his to waste. King James is a damn good consolation prize though. Think we keep Randle now?

At this point, yes.  If someone throws big money at him, they'll probably hesitate and pass.  I don't think the Lakers want to go much more than 3/42 or something along those lines.  Randle is probably wanting more around 4/60.

14 hours ago, CWood21 said:

At this point, yes.  If someone throws big money at him, they'll probably hesitate and pass.  I don't think the Lakers want to go much more than 3/42 or something along those lines.  Randle is probably wanting more around 4/60.

Well we renounced him. Also have Rondo now.  Which is interesting with Lonzo.

16 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I always call  Rajon Ball anyway, why not have the original show him the ropes.

I'm hoping Lonzo can improve his shot to become a mediocre shooter. I'll take that if the rest of his skills progress along with it.  I jokingly call him Lonzo Brick haha.

16 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Weird that we turned C-Boogie at cheap price

Can you imagine a locker room with Rondo, Lance Stephenson, Javale McGee, and Boogie?  Poor Luke lol. He's already got his work cut out for him without Cousins just managing those guys, teaching the young players, and dealing with LeBron

17 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I'm hoping Lonzo can improve his shot to become a mediocre shooter. I'll take that if the rest of his skills progress along with it.  I jokingly call him Lonzo Brick haha.

Can you imagine a locker room with Rondo, Lance Stephenson, Javale McGee, and Boogie?  Poor Luke lol. He's already got his work cut out for him without Cousins just managing those guys, teaching the young players, and dealing with LeBron

Do you envision Luke Walton as the Lakers HC past this coming season? 

On 7/4/2018 at 1:06 PM, Silver&Black88 said:

I just dont see him getting better with that goofy shot of his. I hope it does though for the Lakers sake.

Yeah thats a lot for Luke to deal with. Do you think well trade for Kawhi?

54 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I just dont see him getting better with that goofy shot of his. I hope it does though for the Lakers sake.

If San Antonio brings their asking price down, I could see it happening.

15 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Do you envision Luke Walton as the Lakers HC past this coming season? 

Unless he proves he can't handle it or Lebron doesn't vibe with him. I think he'll do fine, though its not an easy roster. I'm a big Luke Walton fan

3 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Same about LaRondo Ball. I agree with @CWood21 that I could see it.  I'm surprised they didn't try a sign and trade with Randle, frankly. Randle, Ingram, a 1st + something might've worked

11 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Same about LaRondo Ball. I agree with @CWood21 that I could see it.  I'm surprised they didn't try a sign and trade with Randle, frankly. Randle, Ingram, a 1st + something might've worked

LaRondo?  I'm assuming that's a Rondo/Lonzo mixed together?  And can't combine a player whose been S&Ted with other players.

15 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I'm not sold on Lonzo as well - for a #2 pick, he seems to have more question marks than usual - but as for that shot...........

Jamaal Wilkes certainly had an odd shot. It was far from conventional and he made a bunch of them. So if it works - it works. Practice makes perfect.