Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread - 2020 NBA Champions #ForeverKobe

ttitansfan4life

1 minute ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Completely agree on the shooting. I think Ingram would have more room to facilitate off the bench too. Our roster is just an awkward fit. If KCP was actually a good 3 & D guy again, it would be a tremendous help.Would be great if we could dish Beasley for a shooter somehow but I'm not holding my breath. WTF happened with Svi?

It's just kind of a perfect storm of issues right now.  We're still putting the pieces together defensively.  We've got good individual defenders, but the pieces just haven't been connected yet.  On the shooting side, KCP is shooting 21% from beyond the arc when he shot 38% last year.  LeBron is shooting 28% from beyond the arc after shooting 36% the last two seasons.  Kyle Kuzma is shooting 28% this year after shooting nearly 37% last year.  Even Brandon Ingram is down from 39% last year to 33% this year.  Nobody is shooting well right now outside of maybe Lonzo Ball and Josh Hart.  They'll be a better shooting team as the season wears on.

As for Svi, he's essentially being squeezed out of the rotation.  He's clearly behind Ball/Rondo/Hart/KCP in the guard rotation, and he's not getting minutes over Ingram or LeBron at the 3 either.  Once KCP's contract is up after the year, he'll have a clearer path to the rotation.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Leader said:

Lakers starting to find an identity and come together as a unit.

10-7 overall - 8-2 in last 10 - 2 games back in the Western Conference.

Lebron has started imposing himself and taking over games. Thats the change from the first 5-10 games of the season.

On 11/23/2018 at 3:04 AM, kempus said:

Lebron has started imposing himself and taking over games. Thats the change from the first 5-10 games of the season.

He certainly did against Utah.

11-7 overall - winner of 3 straight - 8+2 in the last 10 and 1 game back in the suddenly "GSW-less" Western Conference.
(Well.....not exactly GSW-less....but they're going thru a less than imposing period).

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2018 at 12:02 AM, 11sanchez11 said:

why would we want kcp?

the only thing I saw was they are trying to find a third team that wants kcp 

Idk. One of my friends told me that. Only reason I can think of is to tank. Just thinking about it though, if you guys could get one of the Duke big 3 or Little on your team....

Either way I read the Suns want one of Kuz/BI/Ball/Hart, which is laughable. I agree that the only way a deal gets done is having a 3rd team involved.

Also beginning to wonder if we should unload Ingram. He isn't going to develop well on this team. He needs the Ball and we have so many creators. LeBron, Lonzo, Rondo, etc. If we could pull off a blockbuster with BI included, I'd consider it. I had an idea the other day of trying for Anthony Davis. We have the cap space to re-sign him. Maybe a package of Ingram/KCP/draft pick and one of our bigs could be enough. I forget if we could trade McGee since he's on a one year deal but if so, his value is way higher now. Even if Ingram develops into an MVP talent (doubt he does), The Brow is already a top player.

Can't tell if I'm being ridiculous or not.

• 3 weeks later...

Nikola Vucevic to the Lakers for Brandon Ingram, Michael Beasley, & a pick

Many speculate if the Lakers will make any moves this winter, as their cap space will be their most important asset come July when the likes of Leonard, Thompson, & Durant become available. While adding Vucevic will dig into that space a bit ($19M cap hold after 2018-19), this is a player who can elevate them immediately this season, shouldn’t require a full-max contract this offseason when an extension is needed, and compliments the pieces they have in place already. While many (myself included) are high on the long-term potential for the Ingram, his $7.2M cap figure next year is likely too rich for a team that will be in 100% win now mode come 2019-20.

Saw this on Spotrac today.  On the list of absolutely awful trade offers, this might be near the top.

• 2 weeks later...