Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread - 2020 NBA Champions #ForeverKobe

ttitansfan4life

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Is there any hope with Maginka around? They're pretty incompetent.

They shipped out a lot of young talent for nothing thats starting to backfire. The only hope is they bring in an experienced nba front office executive to help with personnel moves.  

Lakers roster has serious question marks with an aging Lebron  thanks to Magic/Pelinka . They also could potentially trade Lebron this offseason 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

They shipped out a lot of young talent for nothing thats starting to backfire. The only hope is they bring in an experienced nba front office executive to help with personnel moves.  

Lakers roster has serious question marks with an aging Lebron  thanks to Magic/Pelinka . They also could potentially trade Lebron this offseason 

The Lakers are not trading LeBron James.

22 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

There was a time I thought they wouldn't ever trade Shaq and they did. Anything in the NBA is possible

There's a stark difference between Shaq demanding a trade, and the Lakers willingly trading LeBron James.

• 3 weeks later...

Glad Magic is gone. Luke out too. I can see both sides on whether or not to keep him so its nbd to me as long as we get a decent coach (NO Jason Kidd please). Hoping Pelinka is axed too -- no one likes him or wants to work with him. Plus he has to be held somewhat responsible for the trade deadline trainwreck. Once that shoe drops, we need a good PBO with a vision to set up a real infrastructure. Hoping for Jerry West since he and Lebron have strong ties.

1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Glad Magic is gone. Luke out too. I can see both sides on whether or not to keep him so its nbd to me as long as we get a decent coach (NO Jason Kidd please). Hoping Pelinka is axed too -- no one likes him or wants to work with him. Plus he has to be held somewhat responsible for the trade deadline trainwreck. Once that shoe drops, we need a good PBO with a vision to set up a real infrastructure. Hoping for Jerry West since he and Lebron have strong ties.

Just going to end up with some bum coach like Lue to appease LeBron. This organization is Knick level bad.

2 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

At this point, they need to figure out the direction they're going with and own it.  If even half of what has been discussed has been real with Magic Johnson, he shouldn't have been put in charge.  You can't have an MIA POBO especially when you're talking about a franchise whose rebuilding itself.  I don't really have any strong opinion on Pelinka one way or the other.  I think teams' displeasure with him stems from him being a former agent.  Teams don't trust agents.  And I'm sure part of the AD saga stemmed from the belief that Pelinka tampered.  Not sure there is an obvious POBO with David Griffin heading to the Pelicans.  And I'm with you on the firmly against Jason Kidd train.

Honestly, I have no issues with them going with a HC who has ties to LeBron.  So long as it doesn't become LeBron, and nobody else.  What was Kyrie Irving's history with Ty Lue?

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

At this point, they need to figure out the direction they're going with and own it.  If even half of what has been discussed has been real with Magic Johnson, he shouldn't have been put in charge.  You can't have an MIA POBO especially when you're talking about a franchise whose rebuilding itself.  I don't really have any strong opinion on Pelinka one way or the other.  I think teams' displeasure with him stems from him being a former agent.  Teams don't trust agents.  And I'm sure part of the AD saga stemmed from the belief that Pelinka tampered.  Not sure there is an obvious POBO with David Griffin heading to the Pelicans.  And I'm with you on the firmly against Jason Kidd train.

Honestly, I have no issues with them going with a HC who has ties to LeBron.  So long as it doesn't become LeBron, and nobody else.  What was Kyrie Irving's history with Ty Lue?

Seriously.

I just about chucked up when I heard Magic say: "I just want to have fun again......I didnt want to affect somebody else's life" (in connection with firing Walton).

You're the President of Basketball Operations for christ sakes.....and you cant fire anybody???????????????????????? What special kind of p^^^^^ are you? 

Thats nothing but WTF ridiculous.

They need a Basketball Czar - and it damn sure shouldnt be Lebron. I'm sick and tired of "what LeBron wants" dictating how basketball operations get run. The guy sows discord and chaos wherever he goes. When he owns his own team - he can run it. The Lakers need somebody who actually knows their ^^^^ and how to WORK it through. If Pelinka stays - fine - but he reports to the top - and gets his *** canned if he's caught subverting things.

I'm sick of past Lakers retreads. The only past player I'd want walking into the front office would be Jerry West. Any and everybody else? See you on Old Timers Day.

They need to get serious. Chris Broussard said it straight: the Lakers have been run like a Mom & Pop organization based on talent - not organizational growth and strength. That has to change - at the top. Jeanie needs to get a SERIOUS basketball guy in to run the entire show.

This outfit has made some of the dumbest and strangest personnel moves. Draft guys #1 one year - ship them out a short while later for nothing in return.

Time to get serious.

Edited by Leader

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2019 at 12:08 AM, NYRaider said:

The Lakers have been the worst team in the league for 6 years now. 

Things really went down hill after Jerry Buss passed away. 

Curious to see which big names we are able to pull this off season, some big name free agents available even though Leonard and Kyrie are not likely to join.