Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread - 2020 NBA Champions #ForeverKobe

ttitansfan4life

On 11/19/2017 at 7:31 PM, Silver&Black88 said:

Is anyone following this season at all or......

Yep.  Unfortunately, most of the times the Lakers seem to be on I've got an early morning, so I'm in bed whenever they come on.  I'm always down to talk Lakers though.

Good to see you @808!  Hopefully you stick around.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2017 at 8:31 PM, Silver&Black88 said:

Is anyone following this season at all or......

Nope not really. Team is still pretty horrible. I watch a game every now and then but end up turning it off because of how horrible they’re playing. No one has really taken a step forward(Randle or Ingram). Just an overall pathetic team.

• Like 1

I actually like some of what I've seen with Ingram. He's clearly more aggressive going to the basket. Just needs to continue adding body weight and stay consistent. 

Kuzma has been a pleasant surprise. Made the DLo trade even better as you look back at it again.

Lonzo can be a good player one day but he has a shot to fix, weight to add, and consistency issues. Maybe the haircut was a good start.

Randle is playing better this year than last but I don't see him in team's long term plans. 

Clarkson is a nice spark off the bench. He continues to improve his offense every year. 

All in all, it's going to be another long year in terms of wins and losses, but there are some exciting moments to keep the fans tuning in. 

Basically, Magic and Rob Pelinka are banking on the Lakers hitting big in Free Agency next summer. Their ability to unload Deng's contract will be another major hurdle to overcome. 

They just reported that "Clarkson was upset he wasn't in the final minutes" Might be nothing, but it could lead to some "issues" going forward.

Ingram continues to drive in hard to the basket for good results. Though his outside shooting is still poor. 

Kuzman should be seen as more than a pleasant surprise.

Lakers move the ball well overall and Walton has them playing very unselfishly. 

8 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Ingrams best game so far  came without Kuzman playing. The question for me is can Ingram get as much production when they put Kuzman in for him? Lakers best  2 players play the same position. 

I'm not sure there's any reason to think the two can't co-exist.  It's not like Ingram's been non-existentent when Kuzma has been on the floor.  Ingram was assertive offensively, which goes a LONG way into his production.  When he's assertive, he's creating offense for others and himself.  But he's not a good enough spot up shooter to play passively.

Our young squad showed some grit last night. For some reason, we play GS at home very well over the past few years. 

Too bad Ingram didn't get that foul call at the end of regulation. He'll get the benefit of the doubt one day. His star is shining brighter with each game that passes. 

Lonzo showed some confidence, which was nice to see. Randle is progressing nicely this year. Too bad about Kuzma however. 

On 11/30/2017 at 7:42 AM, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure there's any reason to think the two can't co-exist.  It's not like Ingram's been non-existentent when Kuzma has been on the floor.  Ingram was assertive offensively, which goes a LONG way into his production.  When he's assertive, he's creating offense for others and himself.  But he's not a good enough spot up shooter to play passively.

You could say the same of Lonzo. Proud of BI.

Also Kuzma got Rookie of the Month, whats GOOOOOOD?!

Not gonna lie, this win feels good. For all the Eagles fans across numerous platforms I see dump on Lonzo and the Lakers, nice to see him make a game winning pass in the clutch. BI with the dagger, love it. Gave away a big lead, but still got that W to end a losing streak. 

9 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Brandon Ingram is the best player on the Lakers right now and the foreseeable future right?  

Without a doubt. There's a reason why Magic labeled him as "untouchable" during the offseason. 

But let's not kick Lonzo to the curb just yet, either. Don't forget who set him up with a wide open look for the game winner. Had 10-8-8-3-4 last night. 

18 minutes ago, 808 said:

Without a doubt. There's a reason why Magic labeled him as "untouchable" during the offseason. 

But let's not kick Lonzo to the curb just yet, either. Don't forget who set him up with a wide open look for the game winner. Had 10-8-8-3-4 last night. 

I heard a lot of doubts in the offseason and through the first few weeks of the season with the way Kuzma looked. I'm with you, though I think Ingram is gonna be a superstar in the next few years 

21 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I think Ingram is gonna be a superstar in the next few years 

Yeah bro, agreed. How he held his own against the Warriors last week told me a lot.

Plus KD showed him love after the game. Usually superstars only do that to the guys they feel are next up to the spotlight.

kevin-durant-of-the-golden-state-warrior