Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread - 2020 NBA Champions #ForeverKobe

ttitansfan4life

It will be interesting to find out what Magic was referring to in his tweet today ("the truth will always come to light"). Clearly he is still bitter about something, maybe the ESPN special they did on the Lakers will finally come out and we will get a glimpse behind the curtain? 

Looking forward to a great summer as a Laker fan. I'm still hopeful we can land KL or KD and fill out the squad with some vets. Also wouldn't be opposed to Kyrie and trading some of the youth for AD (this option will be tricky to fit all three under the cap).

Lakeshow!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Well. Literally every part of this offseason has been disheartening to say the least. But the 4 spot has me juiced. I'd go Garland if we keep it. Have to think we try to go after Davis again though. I just don't wanna get waxed in the deal (despite fully expecting us to)

I hope we can score Davis, I haven't been following this but how is AD's take on playing with James? 

• Like 1

I say forget Davis, its gonna cost our 4 this year, Ingram, Kuz and a future 1st (at least thats what I read as possible compensation).  They can keep his ***, we've come this far with the youth movement, might as well see it through now.  Make a trade for Beal (4 and Ingram, Hart  for Beal and Washington 9) or go hard for Kemba or heck even go for Conley.  Its not as sexy as Davis but we're not gutting our team either.  If we add Kemba or Conley and the number 4 pick (Garland/Reddish/White/) we'd have a nice pick of vets and youth.  We can compete now and still have our core for the future.  I just don't think its wise to give away our whole team for Davis, although there's no doubt in mind we'd do it

• Like 1

If LA can somehow trade for Beal and then land a FA like Jimmy Butler or Kemba Walker that would be sooo sweet. I would LOVE to see them sign one of the elite FAs, but I'm trying to be realistic. Although, I do truly believe there's a solid chance Kyrie ends up reuniting with Lebron.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Thoughts on what we’ll do in FA? Obviously I’m not expecting a max player because Pelinka screwed up the trade timing but that still doesn’t mean we can’t have a damn successful rest of the offseason. Also the bench has a much better shot to be worth a damn.

I wouldn't shut the door on a max FA slot, especially since Atlanta is one of the teams who could (and possibly would) be willing to take on our young guys.

45 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

We prob get Kyrie. Seems like the most obvious move.

I think they're gunning for Kawhi with Kyrie as their "backup" option.  Part of me is intrigued by going the role player route.  Grab Patrick Beverley, Danny Green, and Brook Lopez for multi-year deals.  Sign JaVale McGee, Trevor Ariza, and Rajon Rondo for veteran minimums.

PG: Patrick Beverley / Rajon Rondo / Isaac Bonga
SG: Danny Green
SF: LeBron James / Trevor Ariza / Talen Horton-Tucker
PF: Anthony Davis / Kyle Kuzma
C: Brook Lopez / JaVale McGee / Mo Wagner

7 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I think that would be the best case scenario for every other contender in the league.

It's not happening.  I don't know why people are referring to Arye as a legitimate source.  It's almost as bad as using Joe Arrigo as a source.