Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread - 2020 NBA Champions #ForeverKobe

ttitansfan4life

32 minutes ago, showtime said:

Why do they continue to start and play KCP?  Just cut him and make more room for Josh Hart, please.

Hart's just a kid and they're letting him grow into the position and not killing his confidence.

I've no hassle with what he's putting on the floor so far:
PORTLAND - 27mins - 20pts
HOUSTON - 30mins - 11pts
SAN ANTONIO - 39mins - 20pts

He keeps this consistency up - he'll see the court plenty.

To be fair, Rondo's body language does suggest that he spit on accident.  While he was spitting, he had his hand on his hip and then looked away toward the left.  If he purposely spit in Paul's face, he would have been in a totally different stance.  His body language also suggest that he didn't think the confrontation would come to blows.

23 hours ago, CWood21 said:

You've never spit when you were yelling?

Well.....actually no.

In analyzing my yelling style one characteristic seems to stand out......

My "yells" have a more guttural or "originating from the tonsils region" quality to them - as opposed to those yells which start more towards the front of the mouth - where saliva tends to collect and can get caught up in the process.

:)

Hart started yesterday! I would love to see if we can find a way to move KCP for a big to defend the paint near the deadline. He's like the only "asset" we have that a team might want besides Rondo or the youngins. Zu was a joke vs Aldridge. McGee is better than I expected though. Desperately need another Center. I mean, look what Kuz did at the 4 the other day. 

1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Hart started yesterday! I would love to see if we can find a way to move KCP for a big to defend the paint near the deadline. He's like the only "asset" we have that a team might want besides Rondo or the youngins. Zu was a joke vs Aldridge. McGee is better than I expected though. Desperately need another Center. I mean, look what Kuz did at the 4 the other day. 

KCP and a pick for Vucevic.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

It's essentially a no-trade clause.  If a player signs a 1 year deal, they're given a de facto NTC.

Got it. Was afraid we would end up like this on defense. Really hoped we'd try to sign Noel this past offseason, thought he'd be a good rotational piece for us. 

What, if anything, do you guys think we can this year to help the paint defense? I really want to sew Kuzma stay away from the 5 if possible. He's too valuable at PF to spend a lot of time as a small ball Center imo. McGee is what he is, we need someone else to help on D.

49 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Got it. Was afraid we would end up like this on defense. Really hoped we'd try to sign Noel this past offseason, thought he'd be a good rotational piece for us. 

What, if anything, do you guys think we can this year to help the paint defense? I really want to sew Kuzma stay away from the 5 if possible. He's too valuable at PF to spend a lot of time as a small ball Center imo. McGee is what he is, we need someone else to help on D.

Don't really think we're going to magically fix our defense overnight, and don't think a single acquisition does it either.  I think a Vuc/KCP swap has merits for both sides.

Honestly surprised we haven’t gotten in on the Butler trade talks. I’m not the biggest fan of his but the Lakers do have better assets to trade then anything the other rumored teams do. Guess Magic and Palinka want LeBron to grow with the young kids and carry the cap to next year. Just hate wasting a year of LeBron’s prime.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Don't really think we're going to magically fix our defense overnight, and don't think a single acquisition does it either.  I think a Vuc/KCP swap has merits for both sides.

Well yeah, I'm not expecting overnight. But we have to do something over the course of the year, no?

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Honestly surprised we haven’t gotten in on the Butler trade talks. I’m not the biggest fan of his but the Lakers do have better assets to trade them anything the other rumored teams do. Guess Magic and Palinka want LeBron to grow with the young kids and carry the cap to next year. Just hate wasting a year of LeBron’s prime.

I think its the right call. Jimmy doesn't want to come here and I like the future if everyone keeps developing.