Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread - 2020 NBA Champions #ForeverKobe

ttitansfan4life

2 hours ago, showtime said:

What makes that guy on Twitter such an expert or an authority?

That's a fair question.

I DM'd him on Twitter about it and this was his response:

Hey! Yeah it's a topic I've spent countless hours studying. I do consulting work with 13 high school/AAU/college teams, have designed sets for my program, and worked on a big consulting project where I scouted 20/30 NBA teams and diagrammed 650+ NBA plays. I've designed my own offensive system and for 2 years spent ~45 minutes a day either watching film and/or reading clinic notes.

One of the college teams he's scouted for is D1, but he wouldn't say which it was. Just said that it was a Power 5 team.

There is some good news to come out of these sloppy preseason games.

BTW if you want more explanations about the offense and plays they are running. 

He did an article for Forum Blue & Gold on what they did Game 1.

And, there is this PDF where he has included all the set plays including the ones from game 2.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B30A6G2LyCiXczcxaFN3QjBEZEU/view

• 4 weeks later...

2-2, 7th in the West yeeee

lol but really liking the dynamic of the team so far. JR working to become a starter, Clarkson knowing his role and bring an energizer off the bench as backup PG. The way they fight for each other.

Lonzo needs to work on his shot though, or he's gonna become Rondo Ball.

51 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

2-2, 7th in the West yeeee

lol but really liking the dynamic of the team so far. JR working to become a starter, Clarkson knowing his role and bring an energizer off the bench as backup PG. The way they fight for each other.

Lonzo needs to work on his shot though, or he's gonna become Rondo Ball.

believe it or not, as bad as Lonzo is at shooting, and he is bad. I believe he is still better than Rondo at shooting. but yes overall I agree with your post

3 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

believe it or not, as bad as Lonzo is at shooting, and he is bad. I believe he is still better than Rondo at shooting. but yes overall I agree with your post

He's got the weirdest shooting mechanics I've ever seen honestly. I tried recreating it on the bball court and it's just so funky. Like a weird catapult.

He can't set it up at the pace he wants in the NBA, it's getting off too quick and not going in. I'm not sure he's ever gonna get it, but I'm gonna stay positive that he'll start draining them eventually. 

7 hours ago, Chiefer said:

He's got the weirdest shooting mechanics I've ever seen honestly. I tried recreating it on the bball court and it's just so funky. Like a weird catapult.

He can't set it up at the pace he wants in the NBA, it's getting off too quick and not going in. I'm not sure he's ever gonna get it, but I'm gonna stay positive that he'll start draining them eventually. 

We all knew there would be growing pains with his shot, it's not a natural shot.  He's more of a catch and shoot with that release rather than someone whose going to create their own shot off the dribble.

OK.  Lets start with the positives.  Ingram is starting to fill his potential.  He's defo the player with the most talent on this team.  Kuzma also has been impressing.

However, Lonzo, at the moment , has serious technical issues with his game.  Firstly, he's out of shape, needs to change his diet or train harder etc.  But more importantly, his shot release is horrible and easy to defend against as he can only shoot to his left.  An NBA point guard cannot sustain a successful career in the small ball era with this problem.  It needs addressing, and I for one am not convinced it can be.   Bust

On 11/3/2017 at 3:01 AM, Dan_Bali said:

However, Lonzo, at the moment , has serious technical issues with his game.  Firstly, he's out of shape, needs to change his diet or train harder etc.  But more importantly, his shot release is horrible and easy to defend against as he can only shoot to his left.  An NBA point guard cannot sustain a successful career in the small ball era with this problem.  It needs addressing, and I for one am not convinced it can be.   Bust

K.

So.  What are we to do with Randle now?  Our team defense has been above and beyond what we expected so far and he's one of our better defenders.  Hopefully Junior can bounce back from the hand.  Is it a foregone conclusion that we part with Randle at the deadline?  His value won't get much higher if he keeps his current level of play up.  Kuz has been doing well as a stretch, but he has work to do on defense long term.  Lopez has been good too, as has Hart (compared to expectations).

• 2 weeks later...