Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread - 2020 NBA Champions #ForeverKobe

ttitansfan4life

If Leonard is a legitimate option, it's a no brainer. Irving too. Beyond that, it may be better to load up on depth. The question is who may be available for the vet minimum or on the buyout market. Either way the Lakers are going to have to fill out their roster with these players.

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

If you can't get Kawhi then spread the wealth.

You have enough star power. Get them some help who know their roles, not a 3rd star who will be underutilized, this overpaid.

Depending on how much you have concerns about Kyrie staying healthy, I'd probably sign him before I spread that money around.  When you think about life after LeBron, you'll have Anthony Davis (who will only be 29 years old).  The chance to pair another star with Anthony Davis long-term is incredibly appealing.  Kyrie Irving is 27 years old, and he's already got history of playing with LeBron and has said he wants to play with Anthony Davis.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Have the Suns actually tried trading them into cap space, or are they trying to get something back?  I don't see the Suns just salary dumping those two, but I don't follow the Suns very closely.

Yes.  The Suns are actively trying to D’Load them on to another team.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Depending on how much you have concerns about Kyrie staying healthy, I'd probably sign him before I spread that money around.  When you think about life after LeBron, you'll have Anthony Davis (who will only be 29 years old).  The chance to pair another star with Anthony Davis long-term is incredibly appealing.  Kyrie Irving is 27 years old, and he's already got history of playing with LeBron and has said he wants to play with Anthony Davis.

He’s also crazy.

Don’t want D’lo anywhere near this team again. Don’t really want Kyrie or Butler either. Only max guy I’d want is Kawhi but even if we somehow can make that work with the cap, I still would prefer filling out the rest of the roster with legit options off the bench instead of just over the hill vets. 1-2 is fine but not a whole roster full of them.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2019 at 10:10 PM, CWood21 said:

I do have reservations about Kyrie's knees and overall impact going forward. As tough as a season Boston had, they were still significantly better with Kyrie on the floor than off it. I just don't trust his knees.

I agree that getting a star when possible should happen, but only the right star. Kemba I'd be okay with because ha doesn't have injury issues, but he's a little older and small. Butler isn't a great fit as a so-so shooter and less impact without the ball. Middleton isn't worth it. Don't need to pay big money for a C. I don't think Thompson is a real option.

Kawhi or bust still for me. He's too good to pass up if he wants to come. Of he doesn't, then get some good role players. Lamb, Dedmon, and Collison.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

I do have reservations about Kyrie's knees and overall impact going forward. As tough as a season Boston had, they were still significantly better with Kyrie on the floor than off it. I just don't trust his knees.

I agree that getting a star when possible should happen, but only the right star. Kemba I'd be okay with because ha doesn't have injury issues, but he's a little older and small. Butler isn't a great fit as a so-so shooter and less impact without the ball. Middleton isn't worth it. Don't need to pay big money for a C. I don't think Thompson is a real option.

Kawhi or bust still for me. He's too good to pass up if he wants to come. Of he doesn't, then get some good role players. Lamb, Dedmon, and Collison.

Are you content with paying Kemba Walker max money?  Because that's what I think it's going to take to get him to leave Charlotte assuming Charlotte doesn't offer him the super max.  I like Kemba, but I'm not giving him max money.  Right now, I think I'm throwing max at Kawhi or Kyrie (in that order) unless for some reason Klay is willing to walk away from Golden State, which I don't think he will.  But I'm generally on the same boat with you behind the whole spread the wealth concept.