Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread - 2020 NBA Champions #ForeverKobe

ttitansfan4life

For those that keep saying don't do it and spread the money around, it sounds good and dandy, but LeBron's style is strictly high pick and roll and straight isolation in the playoffs in the 4th quarter. The Lakers would need another shot creator from the perimeter as that has been the formula of success for LeBron's teams in the past. If he is the lone shot creator, it is not going to end well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

For those that keep saying don't do it and spread the money around, it sounds good and dandy, but LeBron's style is strictly high pick and roll and straight isolation in the playoffs in the 4th quarter. The Lakers would need another shot creator from the perimeter as that has been the formula of success for LeBron's teams in the past. If he is the lone shot creator, it is not going to end well. 

That's why 1 of those guys should be Lamb. Can attack closeouts well and was in the 78th% or better in each of the last 4 years as the P&R ball-handler. Also a good enough shooter that you can't abandon him.

14 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

That's why 1 of those guys should be Lamb. Can attack closeouts well and was in the 78th% or better in each of the last 4 years as the P&R ball-handler. Also a good enough shooter that you can't abandon him.

Not the kind of guy I'm referring to. He would have to get his own either in a high pick and roll or isolation. I mean you would prefer better guys than Russell, but he still has solid value for the Lakers. 

I mean if they end up with like Collison, Lamb, Ariza etc? Would be very solid to go along with vets like Korver on minimum deals.

A guy who I think will really shine if given an opportunity is Carusso. He can have a FVV type of impact. 

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

DLO would compliment LeBron better than Ball I tell you that much. He can create his own shot, can spot up, and makes good decisions in PnR as a playmaker. I like his playmaking ability as a PG then Kyrie’s. Plus he is 6’5

Bron DLO Kuzma AD is enough to win a ship. 

Throw in Ariza, Green or KCP and we good money

The LAL have maneuvered to create a maximum salary slot of $32 million in free agency, league sources tell ESPN.

Lakers general manager Rob Pelinka unloaded the contracts of Mo Wagner, Isaac Bonga and Jemerrio Jones to the Washington Wizards to make the Anthony Davis deal with New Orleans a three-team trade, league sources tell ESPN.

It appears Mr. Pelinka has been a busy guy.........

If the Lakers somehow get Kawhi then they are going to have 4 guys (3 of which will need alot of load managing) and the rest scrubs. Way to build a team LeBron *cough* *cough* I mean Lakers lol. Seriously though it certainly wont make for an interesting regular season knowing that AD, Kawhi, and LeBron will automatically miss at least 20 games due to rest and thats hoping none of them actually get hurt. If they can somehow make it to the playoffs healthy though they should be the favorites assuming again none of them gets hurt in the playoffs because even with rest Kawhi still had to battle through injuries in the playoffs and AD hasnt even made it past the 2nd round of the playoffs in his career so who knows how his body is going to react playing more games? Ill just sit back and watch how all this unfolds but I still think Kawhi stays in Toronto or goes to the Clippers. The Lakers are more than likely going to end up with D'Lo or Butler.

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

OK so what FA role players don the Lakers go for "IF" they strike out on a MAX level player??

second question, what Max level player has the best chance to go to LAL? I say Butler. Kyrie-Brooklyn, Kawhi (Tor or LAC) Kemba?? maybe. KD and Thompson no way. 

It's tough because while they wait from answers via Kawhi and Kyrie, guys will be signing with other teams.  So in reality, they're probably going to potentially miss out on quite a few role players while they wait.  Unless some of those guys are also willing to wait and see what happens, which is possible.

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

It's tough because while they wait from answers via Kawhi and Kyrie, guys will be signing with other teams.  So in reality, they're probably going to potentially miss out on quite a few role players while they wait.  Unless some of those guys are also willing to wait and see what happens, which is possible.

2nd and 3rd tier free agents don't want to wait. Teams will want to wait for the top players to pick. It will be interesting to see what breaks first.

On 6/27/2019 at 1:39 PM, ttitansfan4life said:

So basically 3 dudes on the entire right now.... Seem to setting up for something stupid it seems.

Or something brilliant.  It's going to be Kyrie/Kawhi or they're going to break it up.