Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread - 2020 NBA Champions #ForeverKobe

ttitansfan4life

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

OK so what FA role players don the Lakers go for "IF" they strike out on a MAX level player??

second question, what Max level player has the best chance to go to LAL? I say Butler. Kyrie-Brooklyn, Kawhi (Tor or LAC) Kemba?? maybe. KD and Thompson no way. 

Patrick Beverley, Danny Green, and Dewayne Dedmon.  And I really think they're only in on Kyrie Irving and Kawhi Leonard.  Kevin Durant isn't coming and Klay Thompson will get his max deal from Golden State.  If Philadelphia offers max, Jimmy Butler returns otherwise he's gone to LA Clippers IMO.

40 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

2nd and 3rd tier free agents don't want to wait. Teams will want to wait for the top players to pick. It will be interesting to see what breaks first.

Does anyone expect any of the major FAs to wait that long to announce where they're going?  Last year, Paul George announced he was re-signing on July 1st and LeBron announced he was signing with the Lakers on July 2nd.  A few years before that, it was announced that Al Horford was going to sign on July 2nd.  I'd be very surprised if we did't have a good idea of when Kyrie Irving and Kawhi Leonard were going to sign by July 2nd.  Or roughly around there.

Magic Johnson says he will help the Los Angeles Lakers in free agency in any way he can, but he is not permitted by NBA rules to be part of official team meetings with prospective free agents. Johnson said he has not been asked by the Lakers or owner Jeanie Buss to participate.

The Lakers are going to sign Kyrie Irving. Obviously you have to take the first swing for Kawhi. But I think Kyrie is ready to sign with the Lakers if Kawhi signs elsewhere. Brooklyn hitting DLo with the qualifying offer today proves as much. 

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Lakers are going to sign Kyrie Irving.......

I'm not so sure about that. Obviously he's a talented guy. Thats beyond dispute.....but (injury issues put aside for the moment) it appears he's got a screw or two loose up top that makes him a dicey proposition long term IMO. If they dont nail Kawhi - I'd rather they fill out the roster and retain both financial and roster flexibility with a top second tier guy (or two) that can offer positional production (PG or wing) that fits in age-wise with a 26y/o AD. Lebron's not gonna last forever. Time to build for both the present and the future starts again now.  

Edited by Leader

33 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

DAJ is a shell of the dude he once was now. Maybe playing on a contending team will light that fire in him again but he has been beyond lazy on defense now.

He only played in 19 games last year. Why?  He have a knee go out on him?

Cancel that question.......I note he split time last year between DAL and NYK. My first read of the stats led me to believe he only played 19 games all year.

I watched some video on him - mostly from his DAL days as his NYK days were short lived indeed - and I liked what I saw. It was a highlight reel - which are distorting of reality by definition......so perhaps some caution is necessary. In any case, he's not going to give you much of anything from the perimeter - but he was a presence around the net and good on pick and rolls - or he was once at least.

Edited by Leader

1 minute ago, Leader said:

He only played in 19 games last year. Why?  He have a knee go out on him?

I watched some video on him - mostly from his DAL days as his NYK days were short lived indeed - and I liked what I saw. It was a highlight reel - which are distorting of reality by definition......so perhaps some caution is necessary. In any case, he's not going to give you much of anything from the perimeter - but he was a presence around the net and good on pick and rolls - or he was once at least.

He played 19 games with the Knicks, but 69 overall as he played 50 games with the Mavericks before the Porzingis trade. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

He played 19 games with the Knicks, but 69 overall as he played 50 games with the Mavericks before the Porzingis trade. 

Yeah - just caught that and edited my initial comment - but thanks for the reply. At least the guys healthy.